Ladies' PCS in GPF | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies' PCS in GPF

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
totally agree. how can a skaters pcs improve so dramatically in a matter of two months with literally the same programs and skate. she was averaging 7.5s and became 9.5s in the olymics which beaggrs belief. no other nationalities got that treatment!!

I hope you are not the only one that understand the most significant, controversial point.

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
19 points mean 3 tripple luts+.

And nobody can provide understandable explanation... 19 points hike of Sotnikova's PCS from
GPF in Japan.

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
Since nobody can provide adequate explanation...

Is it fair to say...there must be conspiracy or talks among the judges at least...
"Just forget about who skated beautiful and give the best PCS to a Russian skater if the skater gets good TES."

If that's the case, it is totally against the ISU Rule.
And very, very unethical.

Ven

Match Penalty
A bigger question: was Gracie Gold's individual freeskate with a fall worthy of over 6.5 points higher PCS than Gold's clean team freeskate? :rolleye:

Same with Julia's PCS for her individual FS with a fall and UR-turnout, versus her clean team FS, and the former getting higher PCS. :sarcasm:

You guys will or have called me a whack-job, but Gracie's score is the red flag that indicates the American and Russian sides were in collusion.

Team+Pairs for Russia, Dance for U.S., and they teamed up together in Ladies.

That would explain Gracie's low score in team event when she went clean, and higher score in individual where she was weak. Since the U.S. judge wasn't on the panel, it's probable the U.S. allowed for the heavy Russian bias to the judges and control of the tech panel knowing that the Russian side would boost Gracie's score.

will74lsn

Rinkside
I posted yesterday similar analysis :biggrin:

"I have just quickly computed the PCS for some of the ladies for this season and there are some findings that raise questions about the credibility of the judging
3 ladies are particularly interesting to compare since they have competed in 2 GP in the GP final and in sochi and have skated the same programs (Kostner and Wagner for instance have changed their programs and thus it more difficult to make comparisons); these are Asada, Sotnikova and Lipnitskaia
The average PCS for the 2 GP and GP final were as follows:
Asada: 69.52
Sotn. 61.81
Lipn. 61.68

The PCS in Sotchi were as follows:
Asada: 69.68
Sotn. 74.41
Lipn. 70.06

So the differences between Sotchi and the GP are:
Asada: + 0.16
Sotn. +12.73
Lipn. +8.38

Yes......I don't think much needs to be said Whereas Asada was well ahead of the Russians girls in December, 2 months later she was considered a worse skater than Sotn. and Lipn in terms of SK, TR, CHOR and INT. I wonder how confusing, frustrating, disappointing, etc. this must be for a skater.
It would be interesting to take Sotnikova's performances in December and the one in Sochi and have judges tell us where we can see a 12.73 point improvement :laugh: Good luck judges! :biggrin:

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
I posted yesterday similar analysis :biggrin:

"I have just quickly computed the PCS for some of the ladies for this season and there are some findings that raise questions about the credibility of the judging
3 ladies are particularly interesting to compare since they have competed in 2 GP in the GP final and in sochi and have skated the same programs (Kostner and Wagner for instance have changed their programs and thus it more difficult to make comparisons); these are Asada, Sotnikova and Lipnitskaia
The average PCS for the 2 GP and GP final were as follows:
Asada: 69.52
Sotn. 61.81
Lipn. 61.68

The PCS in Sotchi were as follows:
Asada: 69.68
Sotn. 74.41
Lipn. 70.06

So the differences between Sotchi and the GP are:
Asada: + 0.16
Sotn. +12.73
Lipn. +8.38

Yes......I don't think much needs to be said Whereas Asada was well ahead of the Russians girls in December, 2 months later she was considered a worse skater than Sotn. and Lipn in terms of SK, TR, CHOR and INT. I wonder how confusing, frustrating, disappointing, etc. this must be for a skater.
It would be interesting to take Sotnikova's performances in December and the one in Sochi and have judges tell us where we can see a 12.73 point improvement :laugh: Good luck judges! :biggrin:

You forgot to include Short PROGRAM PCS.
It is almost 19 points difference in Sotnikova's case.

will74lsn

Rinkside
You guys will or have called me a whack-job, but Gracie's score is the red flag that indicates the American and Russian sides were in collusion.

Team+Pairs for Russia, Dance for U.S., and they teamed up together in Ladies.

That would explain Gracie's low score in team event when she went clean, and higher score in individual where she was weak. Since the U.S. judge wasn't on the panel, it's probable the U.S. allowed for the heavy Russian bias to the judges and control of the tech panel knowing that the Russian side would boost Gracie's score.

It is also interesting to note that Gold is in fact the only non-Russian girl who had a quite significant increase in her PCS from the GP competitions: Her average PCS of her 2 GP free skates was 61.25; in Sotchi she got 68.33, a +7.08 increase. Not as much as the Russian girls but not bad at all :yay::biggrin:

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
I really want to hear the answer from the ISU how the judges came up with 19 points PCS HIKE for Sotnikova from
GPF in Japan.

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
I didn't expect that nobody can come up with an explanation to justify Sotnikova's 19 points PCS improvement.

Then...why a skater has to invest so much time and money in choreography, music and dancing to improve
her PCS?

All you need is a biased judgement to win OG Medal.

will74lsn

Rinkside
I wonder what judges will do with the PCS at Worlds and next season with the Russian girls :laugh:. Are they going back to score in the 60s or stay up in the 70s? And relative to other skaters like Asada? If Sotn. and Lipn. do improve their PCS in the next years, which I really hope, the ISU will be forced to change from a 10-point scale to a 12-point scale :biggrin:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
And what PCS would have been ok, in that case? Write down you thoughts on the first 5-6, please.

qwertyskates

Medalist
Hanyu's LP PCS went from 76+ at SC, 81+ at TEB to 92+ GPF (+16 PCS), his SP +5 over the same competitions, altogether +21, all within a few weeks.

Sotnikova did the same. Not many protested at that time, in fact, many who decried Sochi were fully behind Hanyu's meteoric rise in PCS, you know who you are. I pointed that out at that time, attributed it to home advantage, accepted that's the way it is, but many who criticize Sotnikova's Sochi PCS protested that it wasn't.

So once again, one set of standards for skaters you like, one set for others.

usethis2

Medalist
How about we get rid of PCS, and simply assess skaters by elements + GOEs? I think that will save skaters' time and money spent on useless choreos, lines, transitions, etc. David Wilson and Lori Nicole may lose source of income but the system will be fairer that way. As of now, it seems like a waste to spend time on PCS anyway - PCS are given out in such an arbitrary fashion.

qwertyskates

Medalist
How about we getting rid of PCS, and simply assessing skaters by elements + GOEs? I think that will save skaters' time and money spending useless choreos, lines, transitions, etc. David Wilson and Lori Nicole may lose source of income but the system will be fairer that way.

So what is your opinion about Hanyu's +11 PCS from TEB to GPF, hmm???

Sotnikova's in comparison is +5 PCS from Euro 2014 to Sochi.:rolleye:

qwertyskates

Medalist
My opinion is that it may be better to do away with PCS.

Not me, I prefer to see better components, and I accept this. I just point out that this is now the norm for younger skaters to catch up with the veterans in PCS.

If it's TES alone, then there won't be any controversy today about Sotnikova's win.

usethis2

Medalist
Not me, I prefer to see better components, and I accept this. I just point out that this is now the norm for younger skaters to catch up with the veterans in PCS.

If it's TES alone, then there won't be any controversy today about Sotnikova's win.

lol if it's TES alone everybody would have different programs. Use some imagination instead of.. err.. nevermind.