Best thing about this result- Michelle Kwan's lack of Olympic Gold now means nothing | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Best thing about this result- Michelle Kwan's lack of Olympic Gold now means nothing

vegarin

On the Ice
you betta check yourself before you wreck yourself

Hee. :agree:

I can't believe now they're trying to knock Michelle Kwan, for god's sake.

Michelle Kwan was a household name when I was growing up, and her career speaks for itself. Never more so than now.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
What do you mean, "Michelle Kwan's lack of OGM now means nothing?" It never did mean much in the eyes of the skating community. She's beloved by everyone in the skating community for what she gave to the sport and the person she is. The general public is another story, but I'm not sure most of them even care one bit. Like all four-year fans, they'll forget entirely about figure skating again until Pyeongchang comes around.

After Patrick Chan won the OSM, he gave an impromptu speech at Canada House and talked about all the wonderful Canadian skaters who haven't won the OGM and how they've contributed to the sport. There is MUCH more to figure skating than the OGM. Why on earth would there be a show circuit if that wasn't the case? Many skaters genuinely love to skate and it shows, particularly in exhibitions where they have total freedom to express themselves and have fun.