KSU officially lodges enquiry with ISU | Golden Skate

KSU officially lodges enquiry with ISU

Taan

On the Ice
Korean officials seek 'Queen Yuna' enquiry

Korean officials seek 'Queen Yuna' enquiry
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/fig...icials-seek-39-queen-yuna-193945481--spt.html
Later on Friday the Korea Skating Union (KSU) issued a statement saying it had met with International Skating Union (ISU) President Ottavio Cinquanta and "officially requested to confirm whether the figure skating ladies single competition was held fairly based on the ISU's regulations and procedures."

The Korea Union said that Cinquanta told them he would look into the matter.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Well. Yuna was lucky she got big score for silver. Her spins aree below many girls, like Gracie, and Adelina and Julia. They held her up. I'm no Soitnikove fan of those programs but technically, she did more. I didn't check protocols. I did see an impressive Yuna but not on fire. The judging is ridiculous and I don't agree with all the placements. But it was obvious if Yuna stood up and rotated, she'd be held up. And if Russian brought it, she'd get gold. Sot was crazy feirce. Ugly programs/costumes. He sp was better than LP-there was Choreo. Yuna was lovely in Sp. I think Korean skating shows sour grapes that YuNa did not feel. OGM seldom even get another chance. It will do no good to say how Russians may have manipulated the judging. Anonymous judging covers the tracks. Yuna should be pleased. She looked so beautiful. Money does buy taste after all, lol.

Only awful thing was seeing Mao's sp. But what an LP! Ladies event was better than mens by far.

Ven

Match Penalty
It's not just the KSU anymore. KOC has said it will file an official protest.

Juliasochi

Match Penalty
Right on. I feel sick for people on this board to try to silence criticism of those corrupt judges. It is back to the days that black people were asked to sit in the back of the bus. You are not allowed to protest because somehow this will ruin FS as. Sport. What really ruins the sport is the corruption and its coverup and those willingly and unwillingly accomplices. Justice must be served.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
We all knew what would happen-overscoring and Rusians favorited. It cost them 50 billion -do you think Putin was not going to exact his pound of flesh? Julia did not belong ahead of Ashley. Two mature, lovely programs. Julia should have been way back. Sot did outskate her. I think anything could happen with FS results and often does. But we saw some good skating, and Caro was lovely. Finally, a medal. Sad for Akiko and Mao as they are so good. And our US ladies were very good. it will be forgotten except for the great Russian Rivalry. You can bet Julia will never get this nervey again. She will be out for Sotnikova's blood. And with the really beautiful skaters retiring, that leaves Ash and Grave for elegant, fiery packages with great jumps. I hope Mao and Akiko and kanako go to Saitama. They'll do better there.

Juliasochi

Match Penalty
We all knew what would happen-overscoring and Rusians favorited. It cost them 50 billion -do you think Putin was not going to exact his pound of flesh? Julia did not belong ahead of Ashley. Two mature, lovely programs. Julia should have been way back. Sot did outskate her. I think anything could happen with FS results and often does. But we saw some good skating, and Caro was lovely. Finally, a medal. Sad for Akiko and Mao as they are so good. And our US ladies were very good. it will be forgotten except for the great Russian Rivalry. You can bet Julia will never get this nervey again. She will be out for Sotnikova's blood. And with the really beautiful skaters retiring, that leaves Ash and Grave for elegant, fiery packages with great jumps. I hope Mao and Akiko and kanako go to Saitama. They'll do better there.
Absolutely. I don not even watch FS much these days. It sickens me to know the results are fixed. I just want justice and fairness.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
We all knew what would happen-overscoring and Rusians favorited. It cost them 50 billion -do you think Putin was not going to exact his pound of flesh? Julia did not belong ahead of Ashley. Two mature, lovely programs. Julia should have been way back. Sot did outskate her. I think anything could happen with FS results and often does. But we saw some good skating, and Caro was lovely. Finally, a medal. Sad for Akiko and Mao as they are so good. And our US ladies were very good. it will be forgotten except for the great Russian Rivalry. You can bet Julia will never get this nervey again. She will be out for Sotnikova's blood. And with the really beautiful skaters retiring, that leaves Ash and Gracefor elegant, fiery packages with great jumps. I hope Mao and Akiko and kanako go to Saitama. They'll do better there. Host Country always gets favoritism isu judges, and maybe they did more in this case. He is after all the Vladimir Putin who has been killing people to have safe games with no dissent. A few words from ISU to judges was all it took, if that much. I'd not need to know what was expected of me in Sochi. $ former soviet republics on the judging panel. It could have been worse really. At least they respected Yuna's rep.

spikydurian

Medalist
I think if the KSO are not happy, they have the right to seek answers. I would love to know the response.