Lighthearted fun! Your gold, silver and bronze for costumes :) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Lighthearted fun! Your gold, silver and bronze for costumes :)

ellenyc

Spectator
Not a ranking but a question. When did Ashley Wagner start wearing Mirai's costume from nationals for her SP?

badknees

Medalist
Thank you Sequinsgalore!

I'm going with my pet-peeve of too much skin. I don't mind a strapless or low cut evening dress to wear out to dinner or the club, but the skating costumes are getting way too low cut, side cut and with too much illusion fabric. I find it very distracting waiting for the costume malfunction to happen. Therefore my votes go with:

Yuna: SP and LP
Julia: SP and LP
Akiko: LP
Loved Carolina's SP but what is the point of having it cut down to her stomach? Does it add anything to the look?

Another pet-peeve. I realize all woman have different figures, but if some women can have the leotard stay down over their buttocks why can't all women get the leotard designed to stay down? It is soooo distracting to watch the darn thing go way up. The best leotard fits:

Yuna
Ashley
Mao

westernhalf

Rinkside
Kaetlyn Osmond's FS--agree with the person who called the top part "stunning."
Yuna Kim's FS--so elegant, and a bit different than most of what we see on the ladies
Elena Ilinykh's FS--it really was lovely.

Amei

Record Breaker
Gold: Julia Lipnitskaia's FS costume - excellent all-around on that program, it fit the theme and was striking but not flashy
Silver: Jeremy Abbot SP - what can I say I like the no frills
Bronze: Akiko Suzuki FS

westernhalf

Rinkside
Thank you Sequinsgalore!

I'm going with my pet-peeve of too much skin. I don't mind a strapless or low cut evening dress to wear out to dinner or the club, but the skating costumes are getting way too low cut, side cut and with too much illusion fabric. I find it very distracting waiting for the costume malfunction to happen. Therefore my votes go with:

Yuna: SP and LP
Julia: SP and LP
Akiko: LP
Loved Carolina's SP but what is the point of having it cut down to her stomach? Does it add anything to the look?

Another pet-peeve. I realize all woman have different figures, but if some women can have the leotard stay down over their buttocks why can't all women get the leotard designed to stay down? It is soooo distracting to watch the darn thing go way up. The best leotard fits:

Yuna
Ashley
Mao

Can't disagree. It's distracting to see some of them fiddling with their keisters out on the ice.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I kind of liked MB Meite for wearing the leotard. She has a strong woman's body. And I loved Tessa's red and gold Faberge egg inspired outfit.

humbaba

Final Flight
I liked Madison Chock's free dance dress. But then she's so pretty, she looks good in most anything.

Coomes and Buckland, GBR, SD

It was a gorgeous dress.
(pairs)

Thank you to you and rollerblade!!! I really appreciate it. I just thought her dress was beautiful.

Honestly, I think there were a lot of pretty dresses....and out of the ones that are my fav's (off the top of my head), I can't even give placements because I think they're all equally gorgeous in different ways.

Meryl Davis for her FD dress in both the team and ID programs
Penny Coomes for her SD dress
Elena Ilinykh for her FD swan costume
Polina Edmunds for both costumes

desertskates

Medalist
I kind of liked MB Meite for wearing the leotard. She has a strong woman's body. And I loved Tessa's red and gold Faberge egg inspired outfit.
Yes! :agree: Both of these were lovely. MB has a great sense of how to dress her athletic body.
I'd love to be as strong as her, I could do so many things---like move furniture. She's a gem in the skating world.

shellbell757

Rinkside
Ladies
Gold- Julia Lipnitska (SP)
Silver- Carolina Kostner (SP)
Bronze- Elizaveta Ukolova (LP)

I also loved the design of Yuna Kim's short program dress, but hated the color...

Pairs
Gold- Volosozhar & Trankov (SP)
Silver- Moscovitch & Moore-Towers (LP)
Bronze- James & Cipres (LP)

Dance
Gold- Virtue & Moir (FD)
Silver- Ilinykh & Katsalapov (FD)
Bronze-Stagniunas & Tobias (FD)

Mens
Gold- Patrick Chan (LP)
Silver- Jeremy Abbott (SP)
Bronze- Jason Brown (LP)

vinganca

Rinkside
gold: Pechalat and Bourzat's FD costumes - up there with Davis and White's Bollywood costumes as my all-time favorites
silver: jeremy abbott's SD - the plum/wine color looks fantastic on him
bronze: Kostner's SD dress - understated with clean minimalist lines and just the right amount of sparkle to make it stand out

Raatkirani

On the Ice
My faves for these Olympics:
1. Mao Asada LP--the dress moved beautifully and suited the music
2. Yuna Kim SP--loved the dress but not a fan of chartreuse
3. Kaitlyn Weaver SD---loved the color
4. Tessa Virtue SD--gorgeous black dress
5. Both of Elena Ilinykh's costumes--SD Reminiscent of great gatsby
FD--ballet perfection

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I have to add to my list: Meryl, Gracie and Yuna (all of them from the gala)

jellyfishes

Rinkside
I simply refuse to hate on Yuzuru's outfit because his mom made it. Not sure where I read it. My grandmother has crafted the most hideous scarves every year for me forever even though I live in Phoenix. But I wear them for every Xmas pic. And I truly love Yuzu's program.
And happy fun here!! No harm in that :)
His LP outfit? Nah, Johnny Weir designed it, though Yuzu was v. specific about what he wanted(Johnny said that it's basically half Yuzu's design as well). He's very superstitious, which explains the colouring of the gems(they're lucky, I guess?), and it's clearly inspired by Johnny's outfits other than that. I don't really think that outfit's all that awful to be honest, maybe because his slender frame doesn't make it look all that bad? Or maybe just because I've seen him wear waaay frillier stuff. :laugh:

Busasky

Spectator
Ladies
Gold:Maos Lp
Silver:Caros sp or Sotnikovas sp
Bronze:Meryl's team event Lp

Though I felt sorry for Sotnikovas under arms...

desertskates

Medalist
His LP outfit? Nah, Johnny Weir designed it, though Yuzu was v. specific about what he wanted(Johnny said that it's basically half Yuzu's design as well). He's very superstitious, which explains the colouring of the gems(they're lucky, I guess?), and it's clearly inspired by Johnny's outfits other than that. I don't really think that outfit's all that awful to be honest, maybe because his slender frame doesn't make it look all that bad? Or maybe just because I've seen him wear waaay frillier stuff. :laugh:

Really? Huh. I stand corrected. I know his mom made something, I thought that was it. But, he's the one wearing it, so I won't be hatin' :)

emma

Record Breaker
I have to add to my list: Meryl, Gracie and Yuna (all of them from the gala)

For sure - but I would definitely add Mao's dress, too. I also thought Daisuke looked very elegant, and Ten's costume definitely suited the music, and Patrick looked very handsome.

Barb

Record Breaker
I can not to choose only three, I loved Mao sp and lp, Julia lp, Yuna sp and ex, Maia sd, Caro sp, Ashley lp, Akiko sp.

tulosai

Record Breaker
By discipline, of course...

Ladies

Gold: Julia Lipnitskaia: LP
Silver: Akiko Suzuki LP
Bronze: Mao Asada LP

Dance

Gold: I/K LP
Silver: D/W LP
Bronze: P/B LP

Pairs and men were far more blah to me.