Lighthearted fun! Your gold, silver and bronze for costumes :) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Lighthearted fun! Your gold, silver and bronze for costumes :)

cageofstars

Spectator
Also didn't really like any of the pairs/mens costumes...

Ladies
Gold: Mao Asada LP
Silver: Yuna Kim LP
Bronze: Li Zijun LP
(Also loved Yuna's gala dress)

Dance
Gold: Virtue/Moir FD Team Event
Silver: Ilinkykh/Katsalopov FD (Though the SD was lovely too!)
Bronze: Coomes/Buckland SD
(Also loved Maia Shibutani's SD dress and Meryl's dress from the gala!)

desertskates

Medalist
So many great costumes from the gala! And I will forever wonder how Gracie kept that hat on her head :confused: Maybe there was double sided tape inside or something? Life's great mysteries...

Layfan

Record Breaker
Best long sleeves on a lady:

Gold: Yulia, SP. Such a wonderful choice for her. The sleeves made her look serious and elegant but the detailing on the costume kept it from aging her.
Silver: Yuna, SP. Simple elegance but the color, sparkles in the front and the flared sleeves made it happy and fun.
Bronze: Yulia, LP. By far one of the most memorable costumes of the Olympics.

Best bare-tummy:

Gold: Meryl Davis, LP, individual. Gorgeous warrior princess.
Silver: Meryl Davis, LP, team. Luxurious warrior princess.
Bronze: Ashley Wagner, LP. Have always loved this dress on her. Fierce yet feminine, just like Ashley.

emma

Record Breaker
I truly loved Yuna's SP dress - ah, that color and cut and so forth.

My husband loved Meite's unitard - but he said, because I think all the skaters look better in their practice outfits (for some reason, that made me giggle a lot-and it kind of resonated with me). Then, perhaps because I have him well trained, he said: I totally hate when the women wear the tights over the boots. And as if he had an epiphany, he said: you know, the guys don't do that, they just have those slacks like pants they where and it looks great, covers the bulk, presents a long line. Why can't the gals just where pants? And you know, I didn't have an answer.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I truly loved Yuna's SP dress - ah, that color and cut and so forth.

My husband loved Meite's unitard - but he said, because I think all the skaters look better in their practice outfits (for some reason, that made me giggle a lot-and it kind of resonated with me). Then, perhaps because I have him well trained, he said: I totally hate when the women wear the tights over the boots. And as if he had an epiphany, he said: you know, the guys don't do that, they just have those slacks like pants they where and it looks great, covers the bulk, presents a long line. Why can't the gals just where pants? And you know, I didn't have an answer.

One lady who I always thought looked best in her practice outfit was Miki Ando and I always wished she would stick to very simple black, maybe spaghetti straps or even a sports bra back, no sequins, nothing. She always looked gorgeous in her black practice outfits.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I like it, makes him cute and huggable :)
maybe I just love anything Yuzuru but really suited him well

It's because you love Yuzu. That outfit is horrendous and needs to be burned.

My workplace literally laughed at that outfit and had the same comments "it looks like a girl's", "what the hell is he wearing", "of *course* Johnny weir designed that". It sucks because I love his SP outfit.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I really liked the jackets the volunteers wore. I'd happily take one of those!

Kinga

Medalist
I love this thread!

I will be repetitive for the most time, but:

Ladies:
Mao SP Team Event
Polina SP
Mao LP
Akiko LP
Mao SP Individual
Caro SP, although the deep cut in the front ruined that dress for me.

Dance:
K. Weaver SP dress!!!
Penny Coomes SD dress
Tessa FD individual (maybe not exactly the dress it self, but the way it fitted Tessa's complexion and hair. It was just made for her).
K.Weaver FD
Meryl FD, but from team event. The tale one was much better, I think.

Pairs:
Vanessa James SP.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Girls: No 1. Julia Lipinskaia red dress FS
2. Mao asada FS
3. Akiko FS
Dance: Ana Capelini/Luca Lanotte LP
Men: Jason Brown and razz-lemon prize goes to Hanyu FP, bleah
Pairs: Cristen MoreTowers/Dylan Moskovici LP

yuki

Final Flight

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Potato medal? Was that auto correct talking there? :rofl:

Nope ;) That's like a nickname for the 4th place in some places of Europe. I'm pretty sure Michal Brezina commented his history of 4th place finishes with "nothing like a good old potato medal" himself :biggrin:

noskates

Record Breaker
How did I miss not posting in this thread???

Women:
Gold - Mao's LP
Silver - Ashley's LP
Bronze - Tessa Virtue's SD

Men -
Gold - tie between Jeremy Abbot's LP and Patrick Chan's LP (I love the subtlety)
Silver - Daisuke Takahashi's LP (beautiful fit, best I've ever seen him look and his hair wasn't wild)
Bronze - Jason's SP

Pairs - eh!

Dance -
Gold - the Russian Black Swan
Silver - Charlie and Meryl
Bronze - Bates and Chock

WORST: Hanyu, the Pink Panther, and the French unitard

Have to agree with ill-fitting panties!!! Kaetlyn Osmond was the worst!!

SimplyLex

On the Ice
Female skaters:

Gold: Valentina Marchei's SP
Silver: Meryl Davis's Exhibition
Bronze: Mao Asada's SP & Aliona Savchenko's FS (I know not many people like it, but I think it's quite lovely)

Honorable mentions: Meryl individual FD, Valentina FS, Madison Chock SD & FD, Anna Cappellini SD.

Male skaters:

Gold: Charlie White's FD
Silver: Tomas Verner's SP
Bronze: Maxim Trankov SP & Robin Szolkowy FS

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
So many great costumes from the gala! And I will forever wonder how Gracie kept that hat on her head :confused: Maybe there was double sided tape inside or something? Life's great mysteries...

Tie hair back tight; use a large sewing needle with thread; stitch hat to hair through loops usually on the hat. Stays on nicely.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Tie hair back tight; use a large sewing needle with thread; stitch hat to hair through loops usually on the hat. Stays on nicely.

But Gold did not wear her hat for the entire program, IIRC ... so your method does not apply to her exhibition in Sochi. :no: