Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cohen's Swan Lake #2

Procrastinating b/c of Worlds
    In the 8th Circle of Hell with Jamie Salé.

Cohen's Swan Lake #2

Sasha Cohen officially has the worst Long Program of the season. Her Wagner version of Swan Lake is her worst program every since her burst onto the scene in 2000. The program is absolutely horrid.

The music cuts are numerous and chaotic, vintage Wagner. There is even less choreography and transitionss, so now it is almost zero. Wagner has done it again. She's drained all the Swan Lake and turned it into a horribley generic piece of trash. That program is such an embarassment to Cohen. She's worthy of much more (and I'm not even a fan).

Cohen should drop Wagner as a choreography fast. I'm going to have nightmares about that atrocity for a long time.
    TV

Custom Title
    ITA, why did they do that? It was awful.

Rinkside

It's shocking...

How this program has deteriorated from the beginning of the season - starting out with such beauty, excitement, interest in the spins and steps, and wonderful flow and focus, and ending up a muddled mess of basically nothing.

Sasha is a mess.

Custom Title
    I have to agree. I thought "Swan Lake" was a wonderfully intricate and beautiful program during the Grand Prix and even at Nationals....this version was severely gutted and surprisingly bland. I hope this isn't what Robin has in mind for next season.

Pegy or Dick (I think) said that Robin simplified the program so that Sasha wouldn't have to think so much and would be less likely to make mistakes. They made it sound like she had skating ADD. IMO they could have worded it a little better.

Custom Title
    My daughter's comments "it looks like through together on spot". However kudos to Sasha's effort to stay on her foot all 3 phase.

Well I liked her new white dress alot better than the other one! Poor Sasha!

Tripping on the Podium

Re: It's shocking...

Originally posted by balabanov

Sasha is a mess.
    I don´t think is Sasha´s fault maybe Wagner´s intention was to make the programme lighter but she didn´t have the proper time to think in a better way of changing it.

I was very concerned about Sasha´s switches Tatiana for Robin I knew that Robin wasnt the proper thing for Sasha but well the season is finishing and I hope Sasha fixes her LP SOON

Wasn't crazy about the changes either...

But I'm willing to give this a little time before "deciding" (like my opinion matters LOL) that Sasha/Robin aren't a good mix. Sasha medalled for the first time this year. Sasha stayed on her feet this year. Those are definitely improvements.

I thought the season starter of Swan Lake was much more exciting. But Sasha on her feet is very important at this stage of the game. It will be interesting to see what evolves next year after Robin and Sasha have the full off season to work together, and what programs come about.

DG

Rogue Leader
    I wonder who will do her choreagraphy next year? ITA about the changes made. I didn't enjoy the new version at all.

Custom Title
    ITA about this version of Swan Lake not being nearly as good as the one TT choreographed. It was extremely watered down but at least Sasha stayed on her feet. I hope that Robin isn't going to water Sasha down to another Sarah Hughes.

However I thought TT did a wonderful job with Arakawa. She had a wonderful program.

I thought it was interesting how Dick said that TT "gave up on Sasha Cohen" while she was sitting in Kiss and Cry with Arakawa.

How can you say she stayed on her feet? She had an obvious fall an a jump attempt and a wonky landing that caused her to skip a planned combo.

I think Robin's gotta work on Sasha's mental game. Based her not being able to skate a 'watered down' Swan Lake, it's obviously not that there's too much for her to concentrate on. The program prior to World's was much more complex with the same number of bobbles as the lP at World's.

I still think that Sasha's thinking too much about winning during the LP and that distracts her. If she concentrated on just skating well, she'd probably pull it off.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    TV,
    ITA. I do not like the Wagner changes to the program, and I didn't like the new costume either. I thought the old one was a lot more interesting.

But...Wagner got Sasha a world medal. None of her other coaches could get her to stand up more than 1 out of 3 sections of the competitions. Wagner coached her to 1 in the q/r and the best SP I have seen Sasha give. I like Wagner as a coach, just not as a choreographer. Maybe TAT will do Sasha's choreography next year? Hope so.

Custom Title
    She stayed on her feet b/c usually Sasha has 2-3 major mistakes in her program. In this case, she had some wonky landings but they were still on one foot. She only fell on one jump which isn't bad esp since this is out of three skates. Even Mk had fell more than that in this comp.

When I heard that they changed the music cuts in the beginning and lightened up the choerography I thought it was just a slight change, but this was an entirely new program. I don't even think they used the same orchestration of SL. The music seemed much slower, all the elements had been moved around, and the essence of what made this a great program was all gone. And I don't know why Robin opted to put a Falling leaf in instead of a Russian split. Sasha has the most awesome Russian Splits, much better than her falling leaf. They should have used one of those instead.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast