Did Yuna Kim Really Try? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Did Yuna Kim Really Try?

vegarin

On the Ice
Are you ******* kidding me? Kim didn't really try?

Anyway, replacing the 2A with the 3Lo, she would still lose. BV goes up by 1.7. Hardly any GOE gain for your worst element compare to the 2A.

Same PCS. Same GOE on jumps. (so laughable)
Less points on steps. (wth!)
Less points on spins. (ok, maybe justifiable)

Really, there's no way she can win even with 7 triples. And this is why it's so ****** up.

7 triples Caro and 7 triples Kim are not worth the same as 7 triples Adelina (flutzing and all)
Mao would need a clean SP, and clean LP without dubious UR calls to even come close. Mao's 3T was more rotated than Adelina's 3T, but if you aren't Russian, they will take you down.

God, I need Caro and Mao to take them all down. ALL OF THEM.

I wouldn't have been this furious if this was just the judging and screwing with Yuna's scores. They're actually trying to sell that it's all her fault. Disgusting.

Ven

Match Penalty
Yes it's shameful how the former skaters are behaving. They must know the cheating happened. So to justify it, they say shameful things about Yuna how she didn't have any guts, or she didn't try hard enough, or she was flat, just make up more lies to justify cheating. One deceit becomes a web of lies.

VirMo

On the Ice
That is a ridiculous charge if you even have a snippet of knowledge on what it takes to compete at that level in this sport. It is one of the reasons why people (including myself) doubted Ms. Kim at the 2013 worlds. This sport is merciless and cruel. You cannot compete at this level without motivation. Ms. Kim's responses to the public have always been "political' in nature, and we saw how much skating matters to her both in Vancouver and again in Sochi.

Delivering clean programs is every skater's goal in every competition. I wouldn't expect anything more or less from a skater. And that was the only "politically correct" answer Kim could have given, when she was asked about this and that. (Would you expect her to speak of her entitlement or something?)

I just wrote this based on her interview. She said exactly that she did not have the same motivation she had in Vancouver and she didn't really care about the placement at Sochi.

But I do also agree with other posters that she couldn't have won anyways. But Yuna has always made it hard for the judges to even fix the result so far from being obviously better, and clearly this year not enough to overcome judges' power :(

VirMo

On the Ice
I do question Adelina's questionable PCS.. I just feel bad for Yuna. I think she sort of foresaw this coming and was already so above it.

Icey

Record Breaker
I don't understand why she put herself through this in the first place. It was a gargantuan undertaking. I wouldn't have and very few former OGMedalist have.

jehan215

On the Ice
I do question Adelina's questionable PCS.. I just feel bad for Yuna. I think she sort of foresaw this coming and was already so above it.

Who didn't? Russian skater with Russian audience, and Russian as head technical controller and an ex-banned judge on the panel. It was inevitable.

MizukiS

Rinkside
Yuna is an alien from outer space whose real parents beamed her to Earth when she was a baby. She spent her toddlers years bounding on rooftops. She only hides her true powers from the rest of us and pretends to practice. That's why she was able to waltz in and skate nearly perfectly and snag the silver medal without really trying.

I actually can believe this! Hahaha. Imagine Yuna has never left a competition empty handed even if she's injured or unmotivated. Is there any other skater with this record? If that is the case, all skaters should not 'even try' so they can achieve what Yuna did in her career!

MizukiS

Rinkside
I don't understand why she put herself through this in the first place. It was a gargantuan undertaking. I wouldn't have and very few former OGMedalist have.

That alone speaks volume of her strong character. When she won Vancouver she hasn't made a final decision yet. Yes, possibly due to pressure from her Fed and wanting to help develop her younger athletes. Various things but I think the biggest factor is still her love of FS. She already said many times that it was a very hard decision for her but she faced it and persevered through the end because she wanted to have a satisfying closure to a career that has been her entire life. And she did! She delivered again two of her best performances. Now she can finally move on without regrets and can always look back and say she did everything she can for her self, country and fellow Korean athletes. She just wanted to be remembered as Kim Yuna, THE skater.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Yep.

Yuna was out there skating with a broken foot, on painkillers she couldn't feel her leg, against corrupt judges, booing crowd, as the last skater of the night with all of that pressure, when she could have just walked away 4 years ago.

But Tara ran away for good after she won her OGM. Who has no guts, exactly?

Tara ran out so fast she was a blur. She would never dare face Michelle again. Hey you know, come to think of it, I gotta hand it to Sarah and least she was willing to prove herself some and go up against Michelle in 2003. Tara's whole competitive skating career is a blur. What was it 2 maybe 3 seasons on the senior level??

vegarin

On the Ice
That alone speaks volume of her strong character. When she won Vancouver she hasn't made a final decision yet. Yes, possibly due to pressure from her Fed and wanting to help develop her younger athletes. Various things but I think the biggest factor is still her love of FS. She already said many times that it was a very hard decision for her but she faced it and persevered through the end because she wanted to have a satisfying closure to a career that has been her entire life. And she did! She delivered again two of her best performances. Now she can finally move on without regrets and can always look back and say she did everything she can for her self, country and fellow Korean athletes. She just wanted to be remembered as Kim Yuna, THE skater.

:bow:

You know, I've always loved Yuna, but even a year ago I may have considered your paragraph hyperbolic. Not any more. God, she's really some woman.

ginal

Rinkside
Tara ran out so fast she was a blur. She would never dare face Michelle again. Hey you know, come to think of it, I gotta hand it to Sarah and least she was willing to prove herself some and go up against Michelle in 2003. Tara's whole competitive skating career is a blur. What was it 2 maybe 3 seasons on the senior level??

The only reason I remember Tara is because of Michelle. Otherwise it would be Tara who?

att

Rinkside
It's not fair to say she didn't try..If she didn't she should just sit back at home enjoy her life..I see a lot of people talk about LP..what about her SP..I think her SP score should be higher than 74..there something about Send In The Clown that just magical..she nail all her jump and the emotion she carry it's just amazing..it's almost like she tell a story there..I'll give her 78 if i could even broke her WR ..As for LP hands down Mao got to be on top follow close by Kim..I think she herself know no matter how perfect she skate it's just not enough...it's really sad..it's almost like a setup doe..

skatingpunk

Rinkside
If Yuna had stood at center ice and done the Macarena for her SP and gone Gangnam Style for the LP, she still should have beaten Adelina by at least 5 points.

vegarin

On the Ice
If Yuna had stood at center ice and done the Macarena for her SP and gone Gangnam Style for the LP, she still should have beaten Adelina by at least 5 points.

:agree:

God, I just can't believe what they did to her and Caro and Mao. Like, they don't give crap about how much they've done for this sport for the last decade.

Figure 8's

On the Ice
Yep.

Yuna was out there skating with a broken foot, on painkillers she couldn't feel her leg, against corrupt judges, booing crowd, as the last skater of the night with all of that pressure, when she could have just walked away 4 years ago.

But Tara ran away for good after she won her OGM. Who has no guts, exactly?
Tara had a serious hip problem. That is why she stop competing.

daniel1406

Rinkside
during her interview with Korean broadcasting network, Yuna said she sensed(knew) she wasn't getting gold, thus she did not get disappointed after receiving her final marks. She probably knew from her SP score and the others (Russians).

EricRohmer

On the Ice
She would never dare face Michelle again. Hey you know, come to think of it, I gotta hand it to Sarah and least she was willing to prove herself some and go up against Michelle in 2003.

Agree.

BTW, why did Tara not go to the 98 Worlds? (I understand about seasons after Olympics due to the injury factor.)
Maybe she did not have gut to face Kwan again? ;)