Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Did Yuna Kim Really Try?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Yu Na's 3L wouldn't have made a difference. The gold was Adelina's when she ended her program.

If Mao went clean in the SP and landed everything in the FS, she would have won. She was 26 points behind Sotnikova. A clean SP would have at least scored 75 points for her (so, 20 points higher), and no URs in her FS would have scored over 4 points higher, even with the ridiculously low PCS compared to Sotnikova.
    I don't know... I think the judges would somehow put Cclean Mao below Adelina. I think the judges would downgrade most of Mao's jumps jsut to put Adelina ahead of her.

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Yuna's TES was 69 in the LP. What advantage does she gain when she adds a 3Loop?
    3Lz-3T (same)
    3F (same)
    3Lo (-0.4 from 3S-2T)
    3Lzx (same)
    2A-2T-2Lox (same)
    3Sx (same)
    2A-3Tx (+4.51 over 2A)

She gains 4.11 in BV doing this. She would have come very close to matching Adelina's TES but wouldn't have exceeded it. Oh my god this analysis is depressing, I'm not going any further.
    My point was that no matter what Yuna did, the judges would put Adelina first.. that's what they did.

Boycott the ISU
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Yu Na's 3L wouldn't have made a difference. The gold was Adelina's when she ended her program.

If Mao went clean in the SP and landed everything in the FS, she would have won. She was 26 points behind Sotnikova. A clean SP would have at least scored 75 points for her (so, 20 points higher), and no URs in her FS would have scored over 4 points higher, even with the ridiculously low PCS compared to Sotnikova.
    No, Mao wouldn't have won. I think you're missing the point YunaBliss made CSG, that the scheme was already in place. If Mao was a factor, she would have just been judged more harshly, as indicated by her lowball in the SP. She was terrible, but 55 was kind of harsh, and indicates she would not have been ahead of Sotnikova even if she went clean.

NOBODY was going to beat clean Adelina or Julia, and Gold would have been third if she went clean. That's what the protocols say.

All of it lends even more circumstantial evidence towards the Russia/US conspiracy talk from the French newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    My point was that no matter what Yuna did, the judges would put Adelina first.. that's what they did.
    Exactly. There was nothing she could do. This charge is as disgusting as Lipinski's "no guts" comments, who never came back to defend her own title at Worlds or the Olympics.

Medalist
    Yeah she didn't really try and did a clean program right? When they gave Adelina 149, they had already decided that they won't give Yuna higher score than that.

Boycott the ISU
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Exactly. There was nothing she could do. This charge is as disgusting as Lipinski's "no guts" comments, who never came back to defend her own title at Worlds or the Olympics.
    Yep.

Yuna was out there skating with a broken foot, on painkillers she couldn't feel her leg, against corrupt judges, booing crowd, as the last skater of the night with all of that pressure, when she could have just walked away 4 years ago.

But Tara ran away for good after she won her OGM. Who has no guts, exactly?

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Yuna's TES was 69 in the LP. What advantage does she gain when she adds a 3Loop?
    3Lz-3T (same)
    3F (same)
    3Lo (-0.4 from 3S-2T)
    3Lzx (same)
    2A-2T-2Lox (same)
    3Sx (same)
    2A-3Tx (+4.51 over 2A)

She gains 4.11 in BV doing this. She would have come very close to matching Adelina's TES but wouldn't have exceeded it. Oh my god this analysis is depressing, I'm not going any further.
    If Yu-Na skated perfectly with ALL of the Triples, though, I'm pretty sure her PCS would have been higher. The lack of 3Loop has basically been the entire method of attacking Yu-Na's skating and the judges were made more aware of it this season.

Boycott the ISU
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    If Yu-Na skated perfectly with ALL of the Triples, though, I'm pretty sure her PCS would have been higher. The lack of 3Loop has basically been the entire method of attacking Yu-Na's skating and the judges were made more aware of it this season.
    The judging system does not disqualify a skater for not doing 7 triples. And it did not disqualify Adelina for lower BV than Yuna in the short program.

The judging system was disregarded and make-believe numbers were used in order to achieve a predetermined result.

Custom Title
    Yuna has wanted to retire since 2010 but she keeps coming back for her country to get spots for the future skaters of her country. She really did need to be on the GP this season though to see how her programs stacked up against the other ladies. The new kids came on strong and were improving at a fast rate in just the last few months and were putting pressure on the veterans.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    What about Carolina's treatment? She also landed 7 triples even if 4 of them were 3T and 3S. Yuna would've certainly needed longer setups for the 3Lo and the 2A-3T than for 3S-2T and 2A. Mao had to sacrifice program layout and some choreography to attempt 8 triples and Carolina decided to remove the 3S from the end of her program to land it among other things. It could've just been another excuse for the judges to hold her down.

Of course if ALL of the triples = 3Axel + 7 triples, Yuna of course would have won despite all the Russianflation in the world. It's a bit like Vancouver 2010 where Mao could theoretically have won with 2 3Axels + 6 other triples (as in neither one was ever happening), except in Mao's 2010 case, Yuna was just dutifully milking the Code of Points, and in Sochi, Adelina was just being cheated to gold.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Whoa, winning Olympic silver with two near flawless program isn't really trying? Expections to the Queen has grown higher and higher.

That said, in my opinion, I did think she could have attacked her skate a bit more. I though she had a lovely FS, but I kinda missed a bit more of that POW! that I know she's capable of (ala Olys 2010 and WC 2013). I found this a bit more reserved.

Does anyone know where I can rewatch the ladies FS skates? Can't seem to find some, and I really want to see them again and see if my opinion is changed...

On the Ice
    Yuna didn't try? She did her best considering it was an audience that by that time couldn't care less. The skater brfore her, Wagner, was trying to sell the heck out of her program, but they were having nothing of it.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    Well said. Yulia who falls and misses a jump scores higher than 135 and comes before Mao who landed a 3A. What do we need to say more?

So what is Yuna supposed to say in front of the reporters? I really really wanted that gold medal and I got robbed, and I hate judges...???

To VirMo, you write like you understand Yuna's mentality 100%, and she didn't win because she didn't want it enough. This really shows that you are not a true Yuna fan.
    If you are a Yuna fan, you would know what a perfectionist she is and she would have never returned to the field had she not been ready to fight. She's never missed a podium because she's a fierce competitor and she fights harder than anyone you would ever imagine. This is totally different from Adelina smiling and waving at the Russian crowd to get that roar, and then flutzing, underrotating, stepping out of her jumps and getting positive GOEs.

EVERYONE HERE KNOWS THAT IF YUNA MADE ONE MISTAKE, SHE MIGHT NOT HAVE MEDALED.

Yuna had mentioned in her past that she felt that she had been unfairly judged in several occasions already. Going into the second Olympics, she had said numerous times that she would not care about the color of the medal, but she would only focus on perfecting her skating. Would she not have wanted another medal? Of course she would have!!! Otherwise, do you think anyone could have skated 2 additional clean programs at the Olympics with that Crazy Russian crowd?
    She just meant that she doesn't need another gold medal to prove that she's the best in the world because she already had to go through so much to prove that she is the best.

This is really sad. From Thursday's event, both Carolina and Mao come away with a feel-good story, finally putting out a clean skate to garner the recognition that has long eluded her (Caro) and displaying the heart of a champion by bravely coming back from 16th place (Mao). But for Yuna, oh Yuna, only the backlash of having been robbed her gold medal. Was she riding her past laurels? Is she no longer the 2010 Yuna? Boy, wasn't she a little flat? The list goes on and on. Just to justify a very ostensibly controversial judging, just because it's more convenient to blame the victim than acknowledge a wrongdoing or the existence of chronic corruption. Do you, in your heart, believe that Yuna won this event despite this judging? Or do you believe she was bested by someone with a better ability? You have to make up your mind and stand by your convictions. Don't let your inner hyena bare its fangs.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by VirMo View Post
    Winning a Silver doesn't mean much to her and shouldn't to her fans. She already is a champion and has been for a long time.
    Why she even came there? Unexpressive, boring face that showed indifference. I'm glad she is second, because she deserved it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast