Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Did Yuna Kim Really Try?

Custom Title
    I do question Adelina's questionable PCS.. I just feel bad for Yuna. I think she sort of foresaw this coming and was already so above it.

Custom Title
    I don't understand why she put herself through this in the first place. It was a gargantuan undertaking. I wouldn't have and very few former OGMedalist have.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by VirMo View Post
    I do question Adelina's questionable PCS.. I just feel bad for Yuna. I think she sort of foresaw this coming and was already so above it.
    Who didn't? Russian skater with Russian audience, and Russian as head technical controller and an ex-banned judge on the panel. It was inevitable.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Yuna is an alien from outer space whose real parents beamed her to Earth when she was a baby. She spent her toddlers years bounding on rooftops. She only hides her true powers from the rest of us and pretends to practice. That's why she was able to waltz in and skate nearly perfectly and snag the silver medal without really trying.
    I actually can believe this! Hahaha. Imagine Yuna has never left a competition empty handed even if she's injured or unmotivated. Is there any other skater with this record? If that is the case, all skaters should not 'even try' so they can achieve what Yuna did in her career!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jehan215 View Post
    Who didn't? Russian skater with Russian audience, and Russian as head technical controller and an ex-banned judge on the panel. It was inevitable.
    :( It's so depressing!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I don't understand why she put herself through this in the first place. It was a gargantuan undertaking. I wouldn't have and very few former OGMedalist have.
    That alone speaks volume of her strong character. When she won Vancouver she hasn't made a final decision yet. Yes, possibly due to pressure from her Fed and wanting to help develop her younger athletes. Various things but I think the biggest factor is still her love of FS. She already said many times that it was a very hard decision for her but she faced it and persevered through the end because she wanted to have a satisfying closure to a career that has been her entire life. And she did! She delivered again two of her best performances. Now she can finally move on without regrets and can always look back and say she did everything she can for her self, country and fellow Korean athletes. She just wanted to be remembered as Kim Yuna, THE skater.

Lifelong Adam Fan KwanIsALegend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Yep.

Yuna was out there skating with a broken foot, on painkillers she couldn't feel her leg, against corrupt judges, booing crowd, as the last skater of the night with all of that pressure, when she could have just walked away 4 years ago.

But Tara ran away for good after she won her OGM. Who has no guts, exactly?
    Tara ran out so fast she was a blur. She would never dare face Michelle again. Hey you know, come to think of it, I gotta hand it to Sarah and least she was willing to prove herself some and go up against Michelle in 2003. Tara's whole competitive skating career is a blur. What was it 2 maybe 3 seasons on the senior level??

Quote Originally Posted by MizukiS View Post
    That alone speaks volume of her strong character. When she won Vancouver she hasn't made a final decision yet. Yes, possibly due to pressure from her Fed and wanting to help develop her younger athletes. Various things but I think the biggest factor is still her love of FS. She already said many times that it was a very hard decision for her but she faced it and persevered through the end because she wanted to have a satisfying closure to a career that has been her entire life. And she did! She delivered again two of her best performances. Now she can finally move on without regrets and can always look back and say she did everything she can for her self, country and fellow Korean athletes. She just wanted to be remembered as Kim Yuna, THE skater.

You know, I've always loved Yuna, but even a year ago I may have considered your paragraph hyperbolic. Not any more. God, she's really some woman.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanIsALegand View Post
    Tara ran out so fast she was a blur. She would never dare face Michelle again. Hey you know, come to think of it, I gotta hand it to Sarah and least she was willing to prove herself some and go up against Michelle in 2003. Tara's whole competitive skating career is a blur. What was it 2 maybe 3 seasons on the senior level??
    The only reason I remember Tara is because of Michelle. Otherwise it would be Tara who?

On the Ice
    It's not fair to say she didn't try..If she didn't she should just sit back at home enjoy her life..I see a lot of people talk about LP..what about her SP..I think her SP score should be higher than 74..there something about Send In The Clown that just magical..she nail all her jump and the emotion she carry it's just amazing..it's almost like she tell a story there..I'll give her 78 if i could even broke her WR ..As for LP hands down Mao got to be on top follow close by Kim..I think she herself know no matter how perfect she skate it's just not enough...it's really sad..it's almost like a setup doe..

On the Ice
    If Yuna had stood at center ice and done the Macarena for her SP and gone Gangnam Style for the LP, she still should have beaten Adelina by at least 5 points.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingpunk View Post
    If Yuna had stood at center ice and done the Macarena for her SP and gone Gangnam Style for the LP, she still should have beaten Adelina by at least 5 points.

God, I just can't believe what they did to her and Caro and Mao. Like, they don't give crap about how much they've done for this sport for the last decade.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Yep.

Yuna was out there skating with a broken foot, on painkillers she couldn't feel her leg, against corrupt judges, booing crowd, as the last skater of the night with all of that pressure, when she could have just walked away 4 years ago.

But Tara ran away for good after she won her OGM. Who has no guts, exactly?
    Tara had a serious hip problem. That is why she stop competing.

On the Ice
    during her interview with Korean broadcasting network, Yuna said she sensed(knew) she wasn't getting gold, thus she did not get disappointed after receiving her final marks. She probably knew from her SP score and the others (Russians).

Quote Originally Posted by KwanIsALegand View Post
    She would never dare face Michelle again. Hey you know, come to think of it, I gotta hand it to Sarah and least she was willing to prove herself some and go up against Michelle in 2003.
    Agree.

BTW, why did Tara not go to the 98 Worlds? (I understand about seasons after Olympics due to the injury factor.)
    Maybe she did not have gut to face Kwan again?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast