Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 136

Thread: Did Yuna Kim Really Try?

  1. #61
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    actually even if Yuna landed a 3loop and Mao went clean in SP and landed everything in FP, they still wouldn't have won. It seems.
    If Mao skated a clean SO with the triple axel she would have won gold. There is NO WAY that freeskate could have been beaten.

  2. #62
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    If Mao skated a clean SO with the triple axel she would have won gold. There is NO WAY that freeskate could have been beaten.
    Yo...both Julia and Adelina already beat her FS score.

  3. #63
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    If Mao skated a clean SO with the triple axel she would have won gold. There is NO WAY that freeskate could have been beaten.
    But it was beaten. She got 142 for her LP while Adelina got 149. do you think she would have scored 7 points higher in the SP than Adelina? No way.

  4. #64
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    257
    Oh yes it would have been beaten with all the Russian inflation Adelina received.

  5. #65
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    134
    Time will tell. You will see whether Yuna tried or not by looking at Sot's future career.

  6. #66
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    112
    If the argument that Adelia won because she had seven triples, then Mao should have won free skating.

  7. #67
    D*mn Idiot KwanIsALegand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    236
    I don't think Yuna would have been crying the way she was if she didn't care. It is ludicrous to say she didn't try, you have no way of knowing that. Why would she bother if she didn't want to do well?

  8. #68
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    If Mao skated a clean SO with the triple axel she would have won gold. There is NO WAY that freeskate could have been beaten.
    Absolutely not. That freeskate was beaten hard! Mao was flawless and they dumped a bucket of ice water on her.
    I can't believe Mao's absolute best LP lost to a hunchback troll on an imaginary ship by 7 points.

  9. #69
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    The score gap between Yuna and Adelinna sotinokova is around 5 points.

    And Russians say this is because sotinokova has jumped one more triple jump.

    But though Yuna has jumped one less triple jump, she did one more double jump. which means the total number of jumps is just the SAME.

    Yuna jumped 6 triple +5 double while sotinokova jumped 7triple + 4 double.

    The score gap between triple and double is just 2 points.

    This fact shows if that was the main reason to have the score gap it should be more or less around 2points instead of 5 points.

    and aside from that, we all know she has one double jump mistake in free program.

    this means there must not be any score gap between Yuna and sotinokova.

    Therefore Sotinokova score gap argument connecting to number of triple jump is nonsense

  10. #70
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by lifesaver84 View Post
    The score gap between Yuna and Adelinna sotinokova is around 5 points.

    And Russians say this is because sotinokova has jumped one more triple jump.

    But though Yuna has jumped one less triple jump, she did one more double jump. which means the total number of jumps is just the SAME.

    Yuna jumped 6 triple +5 double while sotinokova jumped 7triple + 4 double.

    The score gap between triple and double is just 2 points.

    This fact shows if that was the main reason to have the score gap it should be more or less around 2points instead of 5 points.

    and aside from that, we all know she has one double jump mistake in free program.

    this means there must not be any score gap between Yuna and sotinokova.

    Therefore Sotinokova score gap argument connecting to number of triple jump is nonsense
    Adelina did 2axel/3toe in the second half which means higher bonus. Kim easier 2axel/2/2 combination.

  11. #71
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    On a side note, I really liked Yuna's LP music cut...it's very nicely put together.

  12. #72
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    268
    YuNa
    3Lz+3T 10.10
    3F 5.30
    2A 3.63 x

    3Lz+3T 10.10
    3F 5.30
    3S+2T 5.50
    3Lz 6.60 
    2A+2T+2Lo 7.04 
    3S 4.62 x
    2A 3.63 x 
    Total 61.84

    Sotnikova
    3T+3T 8.20 
    3F 5.30
    2A 3.63 x

    3Lz+3T 10.10 (Wrong edge. should get -GOE -1~-2 but Judges gave +GOE.)
    3F 5.30
    3Lo 5.10 
    2A+3T 8.14 x
    3F+2T+2Lo 9.24 x 
    3S 4.62 x 
    2A 3.63 x
    Total 63.26 

    the difference is only 1.42 point.
    Their PCS is almost same in both SP and FP.
    YuNa's step sequence got level 3 in SP and FP and Adelina got level 4 and 1.7 GOE.
    This is fixed from the beginnig.YuNa was robbed of gold medal.

  13. #73
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Adelina did 2axel/3toe in the second half which means higher bonus. Kim easier 2axel/2/2 combination.
    Ha! Look at BV difference above. Merely -2 pts difference.

    And don't you know that COP does not differentiate combos from individual jumps? (i.e. 2A+3T = 2A , 3T) So direct comparison between combos does NOT explain ANYTHING!

    By the way, in your logic, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN CARO K BEATEN BY SOT IN SP WITH 3F+3T >> 3T+3T? HUH? Difficult combo, there it is. And Sot is light years away from Caro K in terms of artistry. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT?

  14. #74
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    59
    Yuna should have waved to the judges during her FS and then blown them a kiss a la Plushy...but she doesn't do tacky well.

  15. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    131
    Right....Yu-na didn't try. That's why she skated beautiful, clean short and long programs. Yup, definitely not trying.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •