Did Yuna Kim Really Try? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Did Yuna Kim Really Try?

Figure 8's

On the Ice
In Vancouver I was mesmerized by Yuna's skating especially her free skate. This time not very much. I was disappointed because she seemed so detached from it all. One had to be a fool to think that Judges don't notice.

vegarin

On the Ice
In Vancouver I was mesmerized by Yuna's skating especially her free skate. This time not very much. I was disappointed because she seemed so detached from it all. One had to be a fool to think that Judges don't notice.

Some people and critics think otherwise, and they're not going to change their minds just because some others keep repeating themselves that.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I agree. No motivation - stay home or prepare a program that worth gold - do 7 triples or come with something new. No one gonna give you gold for skating pretty.
Why come and steal a medal from other skater who give their lives for a medal? The silver should of belonged to Kostner and Bronze should of been Gracie Gold's. Kim's unmovitation affected not only herself, but others too. So selfish.

sheesh
:scratch:

Manitou

Medalist
If you took a different girl with a different name and gave her EXACTLY the same performance as Yuna did, she would not make the top five. Easier technical program, no choreography, no speed and no energy, no connection, bored face. Maybe 6th or 7th, somewhere around Ashley.

mwk81

Rinkside
If you took a different girl with a different name and gave her EXACTLY the same performance as Yuna did, she would not make the top five. Easier technical program, no choreography, no speed and no energy, no connection, bored face. Maybe 6th or 7th, somewhere around Ashley.
You literally just posted this in another thread. Stop spamming

vegarin

On the Ice

Oh my god. This is becoming actually hilarious. I'm not even disgusted any more.

SkateToronto

On the Ice

I agree with you. I was underwhelmed by her programs last year. Last year's were far better (as were Vancouver's, of course).

nycskate2014

Rinkside
Yuna is tired...she needs to rest now...thanks to her for so many beautiful skating and hope she finds some happiness...some tell me she is avery lonely person...I hope that change for her

elee011

Rinkside
I agree with you. I was underwhelmed by her programs last year. Last year's were far better (as were Vancouver's, of course).

Yuna has been saying herself that Adios Nonino was her hardest free skate yet.

i think it's fine what you say because it's a complete preference. But objectively, I just wanted to add that the program wasn't intended to be exciting but reflective, emotive, and nuanced.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Yuna has been saying herself that Adios Nonino was her hardest free skate yet.

i think it's fine what you say because it's a complete preference. But objectively, I just wanted to add that the program wasn't intended to be exciting but reflective, emotive, and nuanced.

Isn't Adios supposed to be goodbye/funeral music? Kind of hard to be all spunky when you're performing an elegy.

Disliked Yuna's programs this season, but Wilson hasn't been really doing good choreography this season. Hanyu's Romeo and Juliet program this year was subpar to his 2012 one.

MizukiS

Rinkside

How about this, if Adelina skated exactly the same performance as she did but she's from a country OTHER than Russia, where do you think she'd placed?

vegarin

On the Ice
How about this, if Adelina skated exactly the same performance as she did but she's from a country OTHER than Russia, where do you think she'd placed?

Yep. And how about if Yuna was skating for Russia for her second gold? God, she would've cleared ~160, easy.

bara1968

On the Ice
I am disgusted by people trying to mock Yuna's performance to justify Sot's win.

Oh my..

I really wish that, there exists some imaginary skating world, where someone like Yuna, with great precision in all of her skills with one of the best jumping technique ever skating world has ever seen, with superior musicality, can be placed only by 5-6th . You know what? In this world, we may not even worry about judging scandal like Last night. Since in this imaginary world, somebody like Sot may not even have a chance to skate her free program.

cinnamon

On the Ice
Hadn't read all the discussion but could someone explain how Russian skaters were inflated by not having any Russian judge on the board?

Manitou

Medalist

First! Numbers are numbers, they don't care about countries! :)

VirMo

On the Ice
One thing for sure - Yuna might have been able to pull of Adelina's program with the same vigor and even additional gracefullness. Adelina will never be able to pull off any one Yuna's programs. Her artistry is just not there, at least not yet.

Yuna's programs and performances will remain in people's minds for a long time and people will revisit her performance on youtube. Adelina may have won gold and Russians may be proud of that, but I don't know how many Russians remember her performance rather than her medal color.

Yuna was so popular coming in to this competition - was it because people wanted to see competition? People have been interested in finding out what her programs will be, what costumes she will wear, and what kind of choreography she will show starting at the moment she finishes her last season. People want to see her.

Winning at Olympics over Yuna doesn't make up for all this, so Yuna fans needn't really worry even if the medal color ends up not changing.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker

Isn't the fact that Yuna is the FIRST woman from Korea to achieve all this success proved enough that she can be any race and be just as amazing with her scores?

She medal in every freaking competition she competed in throughout her life and her country never had history of ladies figure skating!

You really tried it.

Manitou

Medalist
One thing for sure - Yuna might have been able to pull of Adelina's program with the same vigor and even additional gracefullness. Adelina will never be able to pull off any one Yuna's programs. Her artistry is just not there, at least not yet.

Yuna's programs and performances will remain in people's minds for a long time and people will revisit her performance on youtube. Adelina may have won gold and Russians may be proud of that, but I don't know how many Russians remember her performance rather than her medal color.

Yuna was so popular coming in to this competition - was it because people wanted to see competition? People have been interested in finding out what her programs will be, what costumes she will wear, and what kind of choreography she will show starting at the moment she finishes her last season. People want to see her.

Winning at Olympics over Yuna doesn't make up for all this, so Yuna fans needn't really worry even if the medal color ends up not changing.

Exactly, exactly! Finally something that makes sense!