Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Did Yuna Kim Really Try?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I changed the title to a question because it seemed disrespectful to YuNa as it was. Of course, she tried.

Medalist
    I think that Yuna's skill and technique is unparalleled. However, i wasn't surprised when she acknowledged she wasn't very motivated for these Olympics. I thought it came through in her performances which, while unobjectionable, were also quite mundane. Not only weren't they on the level of Vancouver, they were also a step back from last year's programs...which I thought were much better.

If she didn't try then why would she still compete in sochi even with her broken foot...

Quote Originally Posted by ahy View Post
    If she didn't try then why would she still compete in sochi even with her broken foot...
    Apparently she enjoys the pain... / sarcasm /

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Apparently she enjoys the pain... / sarcasm /
    Well, at 17, Adelina wants "all the gold in the world." Imagine her with her Nationals and Olympic gold in a vault, saying "MORE! MORE!"

Yuna at 17, on the other hand, was skating in pain. At Worlds 2008, she was injured (as was usual for her until about 2009?). I assume she was also saying "MORE! MORE! That hardly hurt at all!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Well, at 17, Adelina wants "all the gold in the world." Imagine her with her Nationals and Olympic gold in a vault, saying "MORE! MORE!"

Yuna at 17, on the other hand, was skating in pain. At Worlds 2008, she was injured (as was usual for her until about 2009?). I assume she was also saying "MORE! MORE! That hardly hurt at all!"
    She also has Two European Silvers, World Junior Title, and Grand Prix Medals. You're acting like she's a one hit wonder...

Also, Russian Nationals is probably on the whole more competitive than the Olympics was. They have probably 6 Juniors who could have made the last group at the Olympics.

Even if Sotnikova retires before 2018, Russia is set up quite well for the future: Lipnitskaya, Porogilaya, Radionova, Proklova, Sotskova, Medvedeva, Sakhanovich, etc.

Even Lipnitskaya will have a hard time staying on top until 2018. Russia has the deepest talent pool in figure skating in the world right now.

The US also has a nice bit of emerging talent, so Wagner's vow to continue until 2018 will be challenged quite well by the up and comers.

No one's fault about Yuna's injuries, except maybe her coaching and the rest of her "team." Not sure why that even matters.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by ahy View Post
    I agree. No motivation - stay home or prepare a program that worth gold - do 7 triples or come with something new. No one gonna give you gold for skating pretty.
    Why come and steal a medal from other skater who give their lives for a medal? The silver should of belonged to Kostner and Bronze should of been Gracie Gold's. Kim's unmovitation affected not only herself, but others too. So selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_ice View Post
    I agree. No motivation - stay home or prepare a program that worth gold - do 7 triples or come with something new. No one gonna give you gold for skating pretty.
    Why come and steal a medal from other skater who give their lives for a medal? The silver should of belonged to Kostner and Bronze should of been Gracie Gold's. Kim's unmovitation affected not only herself, but others too. So selfish.
    This is a classless statement.

I guess it didn't matter that she helped two up-and-coming Korean skaters get the opportunity to compete at the Olympics. Or helped her country get the 2018 bid by challenging herself to speak before the IOC in English.

Selfish is the last word I would describe Yuna Kim. Even if you're not a fan, it's uncalled for to say that she "stole a medal." She earned that medal. There's disagreement on the color, but no doubt she came and did what she had to do.

I agree. No motivation - stay home. Why come and steal a medal from other skater who give their lives for a medal? The silver should of belonged to Kostner and Bronze should of been Gracie Gold's. Kim's unmovitation effected not only herself, but others too. So selfish.
    I'm not even sure if you're being ironic or not. This is how sad everything has become.

Yuna came, with her broken foot, because she wanted to be able to skate in her last Olympics and wrap her career the best way she can. Do you honestly think, even the famed Yuna Kim can show up without motivation, and skate two flawless programs back to back? Do you honestly think skating is that easy? What's wrong with you people? Why are you twisting her words around to make them fit into whatever that would look better to the supposed winner of this game?

You guys already won and got gold, then be happy with that. She has no problem accepting silver. Leave her alone. She did her best while she was battling her injuries. I dare anyone, any skater, to do better than she has done in her shoes.

***??

Custom Title
    In Vancouver I was mesmerized by Yuna's skating especially her free skate. This time not very much. I was disappointed because she seemed so detached from it all. One had to be a fool to think that Judges don't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8's View Post
    In Vancouver I was mesmerized by Yuna's skating especially her free skate. This time not very much. I was disappointed because she seemed so detached from it all. One had to be a fool to think that Judges don't notice.
    Some people and critics think otherwise, and they're not going to change their minds just because some others keep repeating themselves that.

sheesh

Some of you need to rewatch the Queen's performance, for real for real

Here you go:
    http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=yeona&no=464055

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I changed the title to a question because it seemed disrespectful to YuNa as it was. Of course, she tried.
    Thanks! I tried but I couldn't

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast