What did Sotnikova do wrong? | Page 14 | Golden Skate

What did Sotnikova do wrong?

sirota

Rinkside
It is very easy to make wrong conclusion if you can't understand russian and receive only part of real speech. I skated very well was clarified later - I haven't been skated as well for 2 years. She said also that judges should decide who is better.

ginal

Rinkside
I don't think she deserved to win, but if you think a high five (that Carolina instigated) is enough to cry bloody murder then you have serious problems.

You're being a huge moron so that's why everyone is replying to your posts..

Wow, what an insightful post, probably as insightful as your analysis of adelina. Is that really the best you can do? I suspect it is.

ginal

Rinkside
So bashing a 17 year old on a message board is your way of dealing with it? Carolina did it first and Adelina didn't want Yuna to feel left out so that makes her a bad person? I guess I am from another time. Yikes.

I suspect you are from another time. A forum is a place to express opinions, what is your problem? Again, Caro did not offer a high five, why would she? At least if you are going to talk about something, get the facts right.

ginal

Rinkside
Bravo! Isn't that the truth. So many other serious problems in this world other than Olympic Judges.

Then why are you here commenting about it? If you are such a BETTER person than so many here, why don't you go spend your time doing something you feel is productive? Go save the world, please.

Ven

Match Penalty
Many people in the world think Yuna is a real champion and Me, too.

90% of people (or more) think Yuna won that competition and she's the real champion.

Competitive figure skating will always be considered a joke by the public as long as fraudulent results are allowed to stand.

dcdgoth

Spectator
No, it's not. It's the same Olympics.
And I absolutely support rules that put more and more focus on the athletics and technicality rather than the artistry. The points vs 6.0 system was the step in that direction and I hope the evolution continues.
Even with athletic side, Yuna would have still won. She would have kicked her *** in both ways by far.. ..... that's only if no corruption had occured from Russian duck and goose soirée.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Ven said:
90% of people (or more) think Yuna won that competition and she's the real champion.

I doubt it. You might not like it, and you might not agree with it, but there are people thinking Adelinas win was justified. Even more than that, a lot of people I know think Carolina should have taken home the gold. The scores were wrong, but the result is not as clear cut as you portray it to be. Even if the korean broadcast writes "the actual gold medalist" next to Yunas name...

Alberta

Rinkside
Yes, I read almost all posts and I all know it was repeatedly proven why Adelina got her technical marks and I didn't see any proof why she shouldn't have them. The proof against those marks are just emotional rants and corruption accusations. Typical mob mentality.

Really strange. I've also read a couple of threads on Adelina's Olympic performance, and to me, it looks like the scores were inflated indeed. 6 points ahead of Kim? Nonsense. Check out the link (if you haven't done that before bc it was already posted somewhere in this forum), it offers a clear enough explanation with the skaters' scorecards' analysis: http://www.thewire.com/culture/2014...kovas-allegedly-rigged-gold-medal-win/358425/

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I suspect you are from another time. A forum is a place to express opinions, what is your problem? Again, Caro did not offer a high five, why would she? At least if you are going to talk about something, get the facts right.

I am from a time where I was raised that I can express my opinion respectfully to others. I am not saying you can't express your opinion but you do not have to bash a skater for something that was no fault of her own. Again Adelina did not judge herself. She did her job and skated. I read that Carolina high fived Adelina. Carolina has been the picture of graciousness and class through out and genuinely happy to be an Olympic medalist. She gets along with everyone.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
In the SP Sotnikova has easier Combo but it was executed perfectly and then made up for it better spins and steps than anyone! So she made it all up! IN the free skate she had a step out but wasn't depending on triple salchows! Triple salchows from Yuna and Carolina because they didn't want to do 2 flips or 2 lutz or 2 lopps. Well I know Yuna can't do loop but why not flip or lutz? She and Carolina are just the triple salchow twins and they gave the gold to Sotnikova more than anyone else!

What you said is true but here is where FS judging shoots itself in the foot.

1. It doesn't matter if a skater does an easier jump if she does it perfectly. So Adelina's easier jump shouldn't affect her score.
2. Yuna lost because she did an easier jump than Adelina. Therefore, since Adelina did the harder jump, she should win!

What this means in English is:
1. If the person we've decided we want to win the medal does an easier jump than others, that's OK because I'm sure he/she will do it perfectly. (Ironically, Carolina coasted on this one for years).

2. If the person we want to win does a harder jump, that's why she/he should win. If they don't do it perfectly, so be it because it was so hard

There are a few more laws, as well

3. If the person we want to win doesn't do a quad/lutz/triple combo/twizzle, throw triple axel/ (fill in the jump) it doesn't matter because artistry/transitions/(fill in the thing) is the most important thing

4. If the person we want to win has no artistry but does the (fill in the jump), well, this is a sport and the jumps are what matter!

The real trick is figuring out how they decide who they want to win, if it's based on skating or something else.

mskater93

Record Breaker
To answer the original question:
Sotnikova tried to boil Gus Kenworthy's new puppies. ;)

Just kidding.