Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who will be dominating Ladies figure skating?

Julia and Gracie and Marin Honda.

I don't think Sotnikova will dominate. She'll win some titles, but Gracie Gold and Julia will catch up to or surpass her. If Kanako stays she'll be a contender, but I heard she was retiring. Others to watch - Radionova, Satoko Miyahara, Polina Edmunds, Zijun Li. I'm not sure about the Canadian ladies. I think Daleman may eventually overtake Osmond.

Rinkside
    Meaningless . It depends on where it is held not on who is capable .Or on who the judges are.

Custom Title
    In Russia no lady can expect consistent "pushes" from the federations. There will be always ups and downs. Quite impressive to see the change in just one SP. If Sotnikova does poorly at worlds, she can lose her position easily. In this sense, Gold is more advantageous because no other US ladies would challenge her in near future.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    In Russia no lady can expect consistent "pushes" from the federations. There will be always ups and downs. Quite impressive to see the change in just one SP. If Sotnikova does poorly at worlds, she can lose her position easily. In this sense, Gold is more advantageous because no other US ladies would challenge her in near future.
    exactly, but Gracie will also have someone on her back waiting like Polina, Karen etc

Battle of the robots?

Custom Title
    I see Julia losing her jumps in the next year or two. Even if she doesn't grow much more in height her body will continue to change and she won't be as petite. Remember how petite and thin Mirai was at 16 but her body kept changing over the next year or two.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by swc0931 View Post
    Kim,Mao and Carol is retired in this season,

Who will be dominated ladies figure skating in next season?

It was Japan VS Korea before, now i think it will be Russia vs USA.

In my opinion Russian ladies are more artistic than USA ladies. (flexibility!!!!)

But USA ladies are technically better than Russia ladies. (I like jump style of Gracie and Polina) +they have better quality of jump.

Both Korea and Japan don't have next Yuna and Mao, now it is back to American and European..

Also, it will be very interesting to see how two Russia ladies' PCS are changed after the Olympic..
    I agree with your comment. Don't know about Gracie (she tends to tilt while she's in the middle of her jumps, but her sochi free skate was perfect), but Polina has an incredible technique especially her triple lutz triple toe combination. It looks almost more effortless than Yuna Kim's. I really hope she improves over the following years. With that, I could see an American phenom.

Custom Title
    Adelina Sotnikova and Gracie Gold.

Custom Title
    We have US junior wondergirls reaching seniors in a few years. Hopefully they'll maintain health and steadily improve skills.

i hope karen chen and elena radionova with dominate, they have lots of potential

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JYSkate View Post
    I agree with your comment. Don't know about Gracie (she tends to tilt while she's in the middle of her jumps, but her sochi free skate was perfect), but Polina has an incredible technique especially her triple lutz triple toe combination. It looks almost more effortless than Yuna Kim's. I really hope she improves over the following years. With that, I could see an American phenom.
    Absolutely agree re: Polina and looking forward to watching her grow as a skater and an artist. Like you, also not so sure re: Gracie although I enjoy her very much.

For my money, Yulia/Polina could be the next great rivalry unless Yulia gets thrown under the bus (even more) by the Russian TPTB.

Custom Title
    ^I highly doubt Sotnikova will be winning another gold in 2018 in Pyeongchang. I see Gracie Gold giving her a serious run for her money. Plus, I've already seen Gold give her an epic b*tchface backstage in Sochi so that's already some good rivalry brewing there.

Custom Title
    What? The US Skating Federation isn't a strong one? Besides Russia, which Federation is? Japan?

I will dominate this following quad. I mean if Adelina can get Gold, everyone else can too

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast