Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who will be dominating Ladies figure skating?

Gracie and Adelina. Maybe Julia, but she has lots of things to work on. (ok, we got used to those incredible spins)
    Even though Polina's performances were good, I was not impressed. Gracie and Adelina have beautiful jumps and seem very confident. With Polina, I was just hoping at every jump that she won't fall. But again, I'm not an expert.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mirai4life View Post
    Battle of the robots?
    Pretty much. This next 4 years will be all about the technical elements. Actual choreography and musical interpretation will become meaningless because anyone who nails all of the elements will score at least high 8's in all of the components anyway. One of the Russian girls will likely start doing 3Lutz+3Toe, 3Axel, and 3Flip (or 3Loop) in the SP, which will push others to start seriously training 3Axel as well.

After 2018 there will then be a push to start rewarding artistry again and components will start getting looked at more closely. The PCS factor for the Women's event will be increased from .8 and 1.6 in the SP and LP, respectively, to .9 and 1.8. This will be necessary to balance the value of the component scores against the now-standard heightened technical content in the Women's event.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    ^I highly doubt Sotnikova will be winning another gold in 2018 in Pyeongchang. I see Gracie Gold giving her a serious run for her money. Plus, I've already seen Gold give her an epic b*tchface backstage in Sochi so that's already some good rivalry brewing there.
    This sounds like you're gleefully looking forward to melodrama and fights than actual skating.

Custom Title
    I enjoy good figure skating rivalries, esp. when the skaters can back it up with great skating.

Rivalries can be exciting and actually instrumental in pushing the sport forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Pretty much. This next 4 years will be all about the technical elements. Actual choreography and musical interpretation will become meaningless because anyone who nails all of the elements will score at least high 8's in all of the components anyway. One of the Russian girls will likely start doing 3Lutz+3Toe, 3Axel, and 3Flip (or 3Loop) in the SP, which will push others to start seriously training 3Axel as well.

After 2018 there will then be a push to start rewarding artistry again and components will start getting looked at more closely. The PCS factor for the Women's event will be increased from .8 and 1.6 in the SP and LP, respectively, to .9 and 1.8. This will be necessary to balance the value of the component scores against the now-standard heightened technical content in the Women's event.
    ...Sadly, I find your prediction to be entirely on the mark.

Custom Title
    Russia, they're churning them out so fast, it's scary. Their Junior Girls are already formidable and intimidating in competition. It's not a bad thing if it ups the ante. The only Fed that could challenge them is Japan's, and I think the domination of Hanyu will help to bring a new crop of Japanese Junior Girls like Satoko. Elena, Julia, Sotnikova, Edmunds, Gold, Li, Osmond, Daleman, Ukolova, will all probably rise to the top.

Custom Title
    I enjoy good figure skating rivalries, esp. when the skaters can back it up with great skating.
    You mentioned "b*tchface", not their actual skating qualities.

Custom Title
    I am SO EFFING EXCITED to see how Hanyu develops. He's the skater that's making me stay in to watch the next quad.

B*tchface is the cherry atop the rivalry, which will play out over the ice and in Gracie's facial expressions off-ice.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I am SO EFFING EXCITED to see how Hanyu develops. He's the skater that's making me stay in to watch the next quad.:
    I'd be very interested to see the ratings if Hanyu skated in ladies events.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post

I'll wait til after 2018 then

Custom Title
    ^I highly doubt Sotnikova will be winning another gold in 2018 in Pyeongchang. I see Gracie Gold giving her a serious run for her money. Plus, I've already seen Gold give her an epic b*tchface backstage in Sochi so that's already some good rivalry brewing there.
    LOL I'd love to see Gracie's face! Is there a link anyway?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jkun View Post
    LOL I'd love to see Gracie's face! Is there a link anyway?
    Exactly, you guys cared more about the "epic b*tching" than the skating, looks like what you're doing to this board and all over Youtube.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I'd be very interested to see the ratings if Hanyu skated in ladies events.

Custom Title
    @jkun - it's in the video where Sotnikova is running backstage to hug her coach after they announced Kim's score. You see Gracie blow right past her and then turn to look at her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyskates View Post
    Exactly, you guys cared more about the "epic b*tching" than the skating, looks like what you're doing to this board and all over Youtube.
    HOLY CRAP.. Can I just not see a face and get a good laugh? I cannot begin to understand what you are freaking out at me over. Seriously, I like funny pictures. What is the problem with that? T_T.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast