Who will be dominating Ladies figure skating? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Who will be dominating Ladies figure skating?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Satoko Miyahara is one I'm curious about, but again, she hasn't even been to a senior Worlds yet. I'm still reserving judgment.

Judgement comes sooner than later! Akiko said Sochi was her last competition, so that means Satoko will be at Worlds in her place.

Good question about spots.

For 2014:
USA 3
Japan 3
Russia 2
Italy 2
Canada 2
China 2

How do we see the spots going this year?

I think Russia will get spot No. 3 back, though I can see USA and Japan keeping their three spots.

caseyl23

Rinkside
Judgement comes sooner than later! Akiko said Sochi was her last competition, so that means Satoko will be at Worlds in her place.

Good question about spots.

For 2014:
USA 3
Japan 3
Russia 2
Italy 2
Canada 2
China 2

How do we see the spots going this year?

I think Russia will get spot No. 3 back, though I can see USA and Japan keeping their three spots.

USA, Japan and Russia are the safest bets right now to end up with three spots. For Japan, it'll depend on which Kanako Murakami shows up (if she shows up), and Russia will still need Julia and Adelina in competition shape to do it. Is Carolina Kostner skating for Italy? If so, they could get three. Canada and China could be borderline as to whether or not they will keep two. They have to improve on their Olympic results if they're gonna make it. I could see France getting two. Does anyone think South Korea can hang onto two spots, or are they back down to one after this season? My gut instinct says one, but it could be close.

Edited to add: And good luck to Satoko. I always pull for the new skaters at Worlds.