Golden Hanger Awards - Top Ladies | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Golden Hanger Awards - Top Ladies

Lucy25

Final Flight
Mathman said:
OK, but seriously ( :laugh: ). If we, and millions of people watching on TV, can see how atrocious these costumes are, why can't the skaters and their "people?" Sasha is not colorblind -- yet the yellow SP outfit!?

Wait a minute! Did Mrs. Tarasova design it? Did she also design Ilia Kulik's giraffe shirt? MM;)

Didn't we hear that TT did not like the yellow SP dress and tried to get Sasha to dump it?

SkateCynic

Rinkside
The Victoria's Secret Award goes to Michelle and Irina for their SP costumes....Michelle's pale pink outfit looked more like a bridal negligee, and Irina's more like a slinky nightgown. RE: Michelle's - IMO no costume for TFB can begin to compare to the harem costume Oksana wore at Pro Worlds. It was perfect.

The Gallagher Award goes to Johnny Weir for his SP. That thing reminded me a wee bit too much of the long-sleeved t-shirts back in the '70s that were done in a tuxedo motif. Of course, said t-shirt looked like it had been attacked by AP's mom's Beadazzler.

Loved Miki Ando's SP costume - simple, elegant, and flattering...

The Animal Planet Award goes to Shizuka for her Bondage Swan SP costume. I didn't think she could top her Bondage Swan outfit from last season, but she proved me wrong.

Best Soundtrack Costume - Jenny's Chicago SP
Worst Soundtrack Costume (tie) - Joubert's Matrix (I think he stole my old parachute pants from 1983 to make that thing), Weiss' Henry V SP (he looked like the lovechild of a gladiator and a court jester).

The Not-Quite-Finished Award - Li's SP(?) costume with the sheer cutout on one leg and one short-sleeve and one long sleeve. Who the hell designed this thing, Denise Huxtable?

Winkler/Lohse's OD costumes - She looked like she was channelling Doris Day, but he looked like a Used Car salesman from the '60's.

Cleo

On the Ice
IMO Fumie has the best dresses - all of them are wonderful and classic. Ando's SP dress was gorgeous. Shizuka's SP was cool, but I've never liked the LP dress: spiders?, and IMO all black is too harsh on her. Plus she could use a longer skirt. :) I liked her Umbrellas SP dress. Irina's SP skirt was too long; thought she was channeling an ice dancer. <g> Thought her QR dress was better than the one she used in the LP. Didn't like either of Cohen's; the old swan was OK (it looks better in person than on TV).

I liked MK's SP dress. Liked the Natls. blue strappy one, too, though. And the liked the salmon-LP dress, even with the gold stuff (better without, but I understand why she added it, even though it didn't help). Must admit I laughed when I read Michelle described as "busty" - compared to Vika?!

Eman's SP was nice. Not fond of his LP. Didn't care for either of Joubert's. Liked Johnny's LP, not sure on the SP. Blech on Mikey's. Liked Lindemann's LP but not SP.

Disliked Den/Sta's free dance costumes. Too much fabric, but her wedgie wasn't so bad this time. Navka/Kost had the best costumes. Heck, Tatiana has a gorgeous body, why not show it off? <g> Didn't care for the sun/moon of Kati & Rene. Actually, I liked his, but not hers. Moon was too huge across the front, and I didn't like the mismatched colors.

That's all I can come up with now...

Jill

On the Ice
Originally posted by Antilles
Ok, I know she's not a skater, but I have to add her to the list: Michaal Weiss'wife, Lisa. She's a beautiful woman who used to dress well, but she seems to be going through an early mid-life crisis this season. She dresses like a 20 year old "working girl". What the heck did she have on in the K&C after his LP?

Right you are, Antilles! Doesn't she know not to wear white until after Memorial Day, or after Labor Day!?!

Antilles

Medalist
Hmm, she has a nude coloured strap, so maybe she had nude fabric underneath, just in case.

Regarding Sasha's dress, I read in an article that it was her idea. She wanted a canary couloured dress. I like yellow, so I liked the dress (although last year's was better).

BravesSkateFan said:
I don't see what the big fuss over MK's dress is. I think they look fine.
BravesFan, if you were responding to my post just above yours, I hope you know I was just goofing around. Both of Michelle's dresses were beautiful -- graced by Michelle, ravishingly so.

Mathman

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I liked Arakawa´s FS costume very much. It looks wonderful on her. LOL, only after coming on forums I saw what skating fans are talking about the length of her dress. Yes, it could have been longer. Anyway, her skating was so superb, that everything else can be ignored, in my opinion. Next season she will probably have more costumes...

Our commentators did not mention anything negative about the dress. I guess that I prefer for them to concentrate on skating only.

Denkova & Staviyski´s costume, it was not a very successful IMO. Besides it was awful as it blinded Maxim for a while.

I loved Sasha´s earlier SL costume, she looked very beautiful wearing it. The new one was too insignificant. Did not like the new version of the programme either... I agree with Tarasova that her SP costume looks like egg´s yolk (don´t remember where I read it, LOL).

Marjaana