Valentina Marchei | Golden Skate

Valentina Marchei

greig

Rinkside
She is in my opinion the stand out star of these Olympic games. She may not have the technical skills or component scores of some of the top top skaters but she always draws me in. She is just a breath of fresh air. I love how she plays a character and actually performs and just doesn't skate around the ring relying on jumps She has made leaps and bounds in the last few years..I hope to God she doesn't retire this year because i genuinely do believe she could medal next year, maybe not in worlds but even at the Europeans..:)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I still haven't watched her performance, I went to go make food when her name was called. :slink:

russell30

Final Flight
Valentina has made no official statement, I think she may have another competitive season next year, valentina just seems to get better each year... The federation might need her if Carolina retires the year..

spikydurian

Medalist
well you missed out on a great performance..a careers best, and well deserved
Forgive him. That's BOP's TASTE.:p

I like Valentina. I LOVE her costumes more than her country mate, Caro. She may not be up there as Caro, but she has come a long way. Very pleasant to watch and incredibly sultry and good looking. Why are Italian ladies sooo good looking? :)

greig

Rinkside
Forgive him. That's BOP's TASTE.:p

I like Valentina. I LOVE her costumes more than her country mate, Caro. She may not be up there as Caro, but she has come a long way. Very pleasant to watch and incredibly sultry and good looking. Why are Italian ladies sooo good looking? :)

i suppose in terms of technical and overall component ability she isn't up as far as Carolina, but like you said she is a beautiful girl, very sultry and a great performer..i love when i see a skater come up the ranks so much, and valentina is a great example of an athlete who really pushed themselves and brought themselves up the rankings..

GF2445

Record Breaker
Loved her Free Skate this year. Very intense and it had such appeal.
I also love her long edge into the corner for her 3Lz.

It was also great to see her go for the Triple Triple in the Short Program. She has a very strong 3S.
She is a wonderful skater.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really like her, and glad that she skated so well! Stay in the sport, Valentina! ;)

ahy

Final Flight
I like her a lot as well, the connection with the music is superb!!!!!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
LOVE her. She's got attitude and she skates with a real maturity and understanding about musicality and choreography and The Power of the Performance. And reading her tweets, she sounds like she would be a blast to go out with for a night on the town.

centerpt1

On the Ice
She's one of my favorites- she has come so far and is even better than before her injury. She actually performs a program- very few ladies today are able to do that.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
She is one of my favorite. I always look forward to her performance. I love her lutz, it is real lutz not flutz. But most important thing about her is that she really feels the music. She has got beautiful interpretation, her skating is mature and it is real FIGURE SKATING not just a jump skating. I just love her last year SP a both programs from this season. Her Olympics FP(individual competition)was one of my three best FPs for me.

Dots

Final Flight
I hope Valentina goes to the world championship and places in the top 6 (doable in my opinion).

The WSL did an article on her? :thumbsup: :eek:

emma

Record Breaker
She is delightful to watch. I'm so impressed with her work ethnic-always trying to improve. And, I love both her programs this year, am so thrilled she got to compete at the Olympics, and as I said, was just delighted to watch both her programs. Brava! Hope she is going to worlds!

greig

Rinkside
Great news, I asked valentina on twitter if she is going to stay on another season and she replied that she will stay on for more than one season..so heres hoping for many more great performances, and hopefully some medals from Valentina in the next couple years.:)