Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Did Yuna Kim Really Try?

Custom Title

Did Yuna Kim Really Try?

Yuna has been iterating for a long time during interviews that winning gold at Sochi is not really her goal.

She has kept saying that her goals is to deliver two clean programs, so she prepared programs that she can safely deliver and she did. She just wanted to skate in Sochi to put a nice end to her competitive career for once and for all.

Winning a Silver doesn't mean much to her and shouldn't to her fans. She already is a champion and has been for a long time.

Adelina's won Olympic gold, but Yuna already has a gold and now a silver.

Quote Originally Posted by VirMo View Post
    Had she done it, she would have won.
    Nope. Even Yuna with a triple loop would not have won this competition. A carefully orchestrated scheme was already in place to ensure that the gold would go to a Russian skater. The only question was how much inflation would be necessary to be given to the best Russian skater, and it turned out that quite a lot of inflation was necessary, in order to ensure a win, and thus, we now have this mess. Just my two cents.

On the Ice
    Yuna had lost before she even skated. It was over....and if she saw Adelina's score, she knew she wasn't winning.

pushing the boudaries in dance and in live
    ..but judges tried too much, sorry but I couldn't help myself

Custom Title
    Wow, if she didn't try and still won Silver, that's crazy. I am sure people would kill to be in her position.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    Nope. Even Yuna with a triple loop would not have won this competition. A carefully orchestrated scheme was already in place to ensure that the gold would go to a Russian skater. The only question was how much inflation would be necessary to be given to the best Russian skater, and it turned out that quite a lot of inflation was necessary, in order to ensure a win, and thus, we now have this mess. Just my two cents.
    Totally agreed. It is so obvious if you watch how it develops during the competition. I can even sense something's fishy since the team event. You can easily see it by comparing the PCS and GOEs given to the three top skaters --it is just not right. If it is about the 7 triples, at least Carolina should deserve better scores than Adelina.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    Well said. Yulia who falls and misses a jump scores higher than 135 and comes before Mao who landed a 3A. What do we need to say more?

So what is Yuna supposed to say in front of the reporters? I really really wanted that gold medal and I got robbed, and I hate judges...???

To VirMo, you write like you understand Yuna's mentality 100%, and she didn't win because she didn't want it enough. This really shows that you are not a true Yuna fan.
    If you are a Yuna fan, you would know what a perfectionist she is and she would have never returned to the field had she not been ready to fight. She's never missed a podium because she's a fierce competitor and she fights harder than anyone you would ever imagine. This is totally different from Adelina smiling and waving at the Russian crowd to get that roar, and then flutzing, underrotating, stepping out of her jumps and getting positive GOEs.

EVERYONE HERE KNOWS THAT IF YUNA MADE ONE MISTAKE, SHE MIGHT NOT HAVE MEDALED.

Yuna had mentioned in her past that she felt that she had been unfairly judged in several occasions already. Going into the second Olympics, she had said numerous times that she would not care about the color of the medal, but she would only focus on perfecting her skating. Would she not have wanted another medal? Of course she would have!!! Otherwise, do you think anyone could have skated 2 additional clean programs at the Olympics with that Crazy Russian crowd?
    She just meant that she doesn't need another gold medal to prove that she's the best in the world because she already had to go through so much to prove that she is the best.

Custom Title
    That is a ridiculous charge if you even have a snippet of knowledge on what it takes to compete at that level in this sport. It is one of the reasons why people (including myself) doubted Ms. Kim at the 2013 worlds. This sport is merciless and cruel. You cannot compete at this level without motivation. Ms. Kim's responses to the public have always been "political' in nature, and we saw how much skating matters to her both in Vancouver and again in Sochi.

Delivering clean programs is every skater's goal in every competition. I wouldn't expect anything more or less from a skater. And that was the only "politically correct" answer Kim could have given, when she was asked about this and that. (Would you expect her to speak of her entitlement or something?)

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post
    ..but judges tried too much, sorry but I couldn't help myself

It's not the fact that Adelina won, but her score was too close to Yuna's 2010 score and this is unacceptable.

Custom Title
    She was tentative and had less attack than 2010, but it's absolutely wrong to say she didn't try, when she reeled off a clean program, including 3Z+3T.

If she was just going through the motions, she wouldn't have tried to get all the rotations on her spins and wouldn't have exerted the energy to do a 3-jump combo.

Not her usual spark, yes. But "didn't really try"?! That's just mean.

actually even if Yuna landed a 3loop and Mao went clean in SP and landed everything in FP, they still wouldn't have won. It seems.

Custom Title
    An official bashing thread?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    actually even if Yuna landed a 3loop and Mao went clean in SP and landed everything in FP, they still wouldn't have won. It seems.
    Yu Na's 3L wouldn't have made a difference. The gold was Adelina's when she ended her program.

If Mao went clean in the SP and landed everything in the FS, she would have won. She was 26 points behind Sotnikova. A clean SP would have at least scored 75 points for her (so, 20 points higher), and no URs in her FS would have scored over 4 points higher, even with the ridiculously low PCS compared to Sotnikova.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silvia451 View Post

It's not the fact that adelina won, but her score was too close to yuna's 2010 score and this is unacceptable.
    this

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Yuna's TES was 69 in the LP. What advantage does she gain when she adds a 3Loop?
    3Lz-3T (same)
    3F (same)
    3Lo (-0.4 from 3S-2T)
    3Lzx (same)
    2A-2T-2Lox (same)
    3Sx (same)
    2A-3Tx (+4.51 over 2A)

She gains 4.11 in BV doing this. She would have come very close to matching Adelina's TES but wouldn't have exceeded it. Oh my god this analysis is depressing, I'm not going any further.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast