Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Results that got you the maddest

Quote Originally Posted by Poodlepal View Post
    Johnny and Evan tied, but Evan won on a technicality, because he won the long program.

I felt they should've had them be co-champions, and I wonder if their annoyance with Johnny over his "partying" or whatever prevented them from bending their own rule to be nice.
    that was the problem, though, Evan shouldn't have won the FS. it was insane in those first moments after the scores went up like "um... okay... what now?"

I wouldn't say Sotnikova's OGM made me angriest, since I'm not as emotionally invested in competition results as I once was (I was 15 years old and an uber-fan of Kwan in '98...nuff said). But it did make me the most disgusted and disillusioned.

I've been unhappy with results before like any other fan. But for the most part even when I didn't like or agree with the results, I could imagine where the judges were coming from (Tara's win in '98), or at least feel confident that even though the system was flawed, it's flaws were more or less consistent and applied equally for everyone (for example, the way PCS marks seem to be "married" to each other, so that high skating skills and transitions automatically means similar scores for P&E and interpretation, even if the program is rather dull). But I don't see either of these things this time. Honestly, I'm quite put off of skating right now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    I've been unhappy with results before like any other fan. But for the most part even when I didn't like or agree with the results, I could imagine where the judges were coming from (Tara's win in '98), or at least feel confident that even though the system was flawed, it's flaws were more or less consistent and applied equally for everyone (for example, the way PCS marks seem to be "married" to each other, so that high skating skills and transitions automatically means similar scores for P&E and interpretation, even if the program is rather dull). But I don't see either of these things this time.
    This pretty much sums up how I feel. There have been times when I haven't agreed with the results, but I didn't see the egregious padding of scores for one country's skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    I wouldn't say Sotnikova's OGM made me angriest, since I'm not as emotionally invested in competition results as I once was (I was 15 years old and an uber-fan of Kwan in '98...nuff said). But it did make me the most disgusted and disillusioned.

I've been unhappy with results before like any other fan. But for the most part even when I didn't like or agree with the results, I could imagine where the judges were coming from (Tara's win in '98), or at least feel confident that even though the system was flawed, it's flaws were more or less consistent and applied equally for everyone (for example, the way PCS marks seem to be "married" to each other, so that high skating skills and transitions automatically means similar scores for P&E and interpretation, even if the program is rather dull). But I don't see either of these things this time. Honestly, I'm quite put off of skating right now.
    This. I had alot of suspicions during the SP, but it was SO utterly blatant in the LP (135 for Julia, and 149 for Adelina) that I felt, and still feel, sick to my stomach. The white-washing and throwing out red-herring arguments by certain members of the media isn't the cherry atop this milkshake. I'm shocked, disgusted, and appalled that the Russians are getting away with this. If you look at multiple forums who were live-recapping the events, you can see the unanimous stunned outrage of posters.

Banned
    I would have said the ladies results here, but I wouldnt be being honest as after the short program and judging panel draw when it was clear Sotnikova's win had already been bought for millions of dollars, I had bet a large amount of money on her winning. So I grudingly had to hope my certainty of the bought gold medal would pan out correct for that reason. Had I not bet alot of money on Sotnikova's obviously fixed win just before the long program starting I would have said that, but alas not for that reason. It feels odd to cheer for evil and wrong, so I dont think I will do that in the future, despite the large sum of money I won from it.

So with that said I would say Slutskaya's win at the 2001 Grand Prix final with 3 triples to 6 for Kwan, the bloc judging in the dance event that robbed Bourne & Kraatz of a medal in 98, and Fusar Poli & Margalio's farcial World title in 2001.

Banned
    Oh I forgot Chan's wins at Skate Canada 2010, near win at 2010 Trophee Lalique I think it was with the equivalent of 7 falls worth of mistakes vs a clean Verner, his win at the 2011 Grand Prix final, 2012 Worlds, and 2013 Worlds. That must be a record of competitions for one skater which were so blatantly wrong they made my blood boil. I actually used to like Chan before the judging farces began, the same way I somewhat liked Sotnikova before the corruption of the last few days.

Rinkside
    2008 worlds
    Nakano deserved bronze in the ladies event

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3