How Sotnikova beat Kim - Move by Move | Golden Skate

How Sotnikova beat Kim - Move by Move

MiRé

Match Penalty
This article failed to explain how Adelina's PCS was only .09 points away from Yuna's, let alone Carolina's.
This article should have started and concluded with one statement, "home cooking at its best"

ks777

Record Breaker
It also fail to mention how bad Adelina's posture is. Her skating skills doesn't even come close to Yuna's. It's like Kevin Reynolds beating a clean patrick Chan and trying to justifiy it by saying he did one more triple.

volk

Final Flight
Basically, Kim played it safe technically and was tentative artistically.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
More than that. No edge calls, No UR and GOE+PCS much higher than both Kostner and Kim! That's where the biggest joke lies.

Not to mention questionable level on steps + bonus GOE for higher level. How can this girl have higher level on steps than the queen of step sequence.

jkun

Final Flight
I swear I see this NYTimes article/figure posted again... :bang:

This explains literally nothing. This just shows us the protocol with less detail and larger font. It explains nothing about how Adelina's skate deserved such GOE or PCS. Please please please please stop with this article.

Nadia01

Final Flight
What kills me is that Adelina's PCS is higher than Yuna's 2000 Vancouver LP PCS.

Also -- Adelina's PCS is higher than Mao and CaroK. How????? This is ridiculous. Mao & CaroK are far superior in Adelina in skating skill, interpretation, choreography, and everything else that PCS is supposed to judge.

If people are gonna be whining about how Adelina did 7 triples (with interesting lack of edge calls & UR calls) while Yuna did only 6, what about CaroK? Caro did 7! And she didn't have any ugly landings. How do they justify placing Caro K 3rd?????? Are they really saying that CaroK's LP is THAT interior to Adelina's?

Then there's the short program. Adelina's content was much weaker than Caro K and Yuna. So how come she placed so high in short? She beat Caro K & virtual tie w/ Yuna in short. That's ridiculous.

(BTW -- I remember almost everyone from the last group's free skating, except Adelina's... It left no real impression on me except that it seemed frenetical and had a lot of rough / unpolished movements that jarred and didn't go with the music. And I used to hate Caro K's Bolero from last season, but I was impressed with how she skated it this time and made it look cool and sophisticated, rather than cheesy.)

vegarin

On the Ice
It also fail to mention how bad Adelina's posture is. Her skating skills doesn't even come close to Yuna's. It's like Kevin Reynolds beating a clean patrick Chan and trying to justifiy it by saying he did one more triple.

God, I know.

Why are they selling this crap at people? I can't even. Do they have actually no shame at all?

YunaBliss

On the Ice
No scoring gymnastics can cover up the truth.

92% of the international public think Yuna was the winner, as evidenced by ESPN Poll. When there is that kind of public consensus... the notion that the judging panel scored this correctly cannot hold water.

Manitou

Medalist
Math is math. 6 technical score difference, period. Proven point by point, element by element. And you bitter people need to shut up! There is a reason the 6.0 system is gone.
Let's write a petition to ISU to invalidate math! Math is corrupted! Math is a russophile! Putin corrupted math!

Even in artististry Yuna's marks were overblown in my opinion. No choreography. Performing to tango without a tango? It's the same as performing to waltz with a some random tempo. Just going from jump to a jump with no concept of any performance in between. I am not an expert in dance at all, but I know enough that you cannot just randomly skate around to tango music, because the result will be terrible. If she had chosen some contemporary classical then she would not have exposed her lack of choreography so much. The tango choice was really bad.
However, it's my own personal opinion. It's just how I saw tangos performed before and how Yuna looked disconnected from it.

Not to mention she lacked energy and looked very passive in her performance.

Procrastinator

On the Ice
Adelina did deserve most of the high GOE's she got. PCS, no I can't say the same. That said, Yuna did lack a little spark and fight and was hurt by not competing earlier as much and having time to really get into the swing of things and make sure she got all her spin and step levels.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Math is math. 6 technical score difference, period. Proven point by point, element by element. And you bitter people need to shut up! There is a reason the 6.0 system is gone.
Let's write a petition to ISU to invalidate math! Math is corrupted! Math is a russophile! Putin corrupted math!

Where is her edge call? Where are her UR calls? Math is not corrupted. Judges are.
All season long
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2013/gpfra2013_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
-2 to -3 GOE on the 3fLz combo
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2013/gpfra2013_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
-1 on the fLz combo
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1314/gpf1314_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2014/ec2014_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
-2 to -3
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2013/gpchn2013_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Then, bam
http://www.isuresults.com/results/owg2014/owg14_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
+2 at the Olympics. No UR, too. The only math in here is how much Russian rubles convert to whatever currency the judges use.

Ambivalent

On the Ice
Sotnikova didn't beat Yu-Na (or Carolina) with her TES. The PCS are the scores are at the heart of the matter here, flutz and step sequence level aside.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Adelina did deserve most of the high GOE's she got.

Umm no and if she did Kim and Kostner should have had higher on most all of theirs than they got.

It is hilarious there are still a few delusional Sotnikovabots trying to convince anyone else the result was remotedly justifiable.