How Sotnikova beat Kim - Move by Move | Page 6 | Golden Skate

How Sotnikova beat Kim - Move by Move

Del

Rinkside
What people can't seem to shake is that Sotnikova was not perfect yet she didn't get marked down.

usethis2

Medalist
I thought the video would be useful but it turned out selective and biased.

Flutzing looks 100% clear to me in that 3Lz+3T combo. Also it looks to me Kim skated much faster than Adelina, but I'll leave that to those who were in the Arena.

whatif

Medalist
Yu na herself admitted that she made a mistake in her footwork that cost her level. Do you want me to post a link? So when she herself admits this, why can't you accept that it may very well be true.:scowl: She's also missed some levels on spins all season long.

Just forget it. Let them vent. This board doing great job and public service by turning into a therapy session for sour losers and keeping them off the streets. The results are in and nobody will change that. Thank god.

Del

Rinkside
I don't know how Sotnikova beat Asada in the Long. That's the greatest outrage! I'm a Kim fan but nobody's going to explain that one except the devil. And I'm not going to listen to the devil.

Moment

Final Flight
Figure skating will soon be a flop sport like rhythmic gymnastics due to its GOE and PCS manipulation. The last legend the sport will never have, Yuna Kim, won once again in the most triumphant manner.

leafygreens

Final Flight
Basically, Kim played it safe technically and was tentative artistically.

Blatantly false. People are making up this statement to try and compare Adelina/Yuna to Tara/Michelle, and there IS NO COMPARISON. Yuna is not tentative. Her form is among the greatest in history. She performed perfectly and Adelina did not.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
^I do agree that Kim looked zoned out whilst skating her LP. She's been over skating post-Vancouver. That being said, the "technical win" has been debunked again, and again, and again, and again.

Some posters have selective reading skills.

bekalc

Record Breaker
^I do agree that Kim looked zoned out whilst skating her LP. She's been over skating post-Vancouver. That being said, the "technical win" has been debunked again, and again, and again, and again.

Some posters have selective reading skills.

No it hasn't. You just don't want to hear it.

yunasashafan

On the Ice
No it hasn't. You just don't want to hear it.

Well, arguments have been presented, and one could say that some do not want to hear them. Here is my take from earlier in this thread:

Re-posting from another thread, but this is relevant here also:

I have been trying to stay out of this because I am a huge fan of Yuna (obviously) and Adelina. But I have to say that there were multiple errors that were committed by the tech panel. First, the step squence levels for Yuna (and Carolina for that matter) were not called properly. Yuna's LP step sequence was much better than Adelina's. If that was a level 3 then Adelina's was as well. Second, triple toe at the end of Adelina's 3Lz-3T was not called under-rotated when it should have been. Third, the wrong edge on Adelina's Lutz was not called, and fourth, the double at the end of Adelina's 3 jump combination was VERY obviously downgradable and it wasn't. These combined, with impact on GOE are worth, at least, 5 points. Add to that (AT LEAST) a couple of extra points in PCS for Yuna for each program and there you go! Almost the same point difference but in opposite order.

ETA and if we're going to use the 'Andelina landed more triples' argument then consider this: Mao landed more triples than Adelina, with no obvious errors (unlike Adelina) and still ended behind her. And no, her combinations were not under-rotated and her components should have been ahead of Adelina's.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
The article from fox said she did a triple lutz triple toe and the gif in the first thread shows the same (though it was a flutz). Not exactly sure what you meant. Maybe I'm missing something..

It's me who missed something: I thought you were talking about her second combo where she had the mistake. Sorry, you obviously meant the first!

usethis2

Medalist
Correctly judged, Adelina should be barely over 130 for her FS and 65 for her SP. But wait.. that's Yulia's scores.. (actually Yulia received over 200 :rolleye: )

Nadya

On the Ice
No scoring gymnastics can cover up the truth.

92% of the international public think Yuna was the winner, as evidenced by ESPN Poll. When there is that kind of public consensus... the notion that the judging panel scored this correctly cannot hold water.
ESPN readership doesn't measure "international public." 92% of international public has no idea who Kim, Sotnikova or Kostner is.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Blatantly false. People are making up this statement to try and compare Adelina/Yuna to Tara/Michelle, and there IS NO COMPARISON. Yuna is not tentative. Her form is among the greatest in history. She performed perfectly and Adelina did not.

How is it blatantly false that someone's opinion is that Yuna was tentative in Sochi? Many many people believe she lacked spark, including the NBC commentators.

cooper

Medalist
ESPN readership doesn't measure "international public." 92% of international public has no idea who Kim, Sotnikova or Kostner is.

every poll doesn't represent anything.. the only true representative about this is that in korea yuna was robbed and in russia adelina won fair and square..

How is it blatantly false that someone's opinion is that Yuna was tentative in Sochi? Many many people believe she lacked spark, including the NBC commentators.

and yet there other commentators said that yuna should have won..