4. Kanako.
    5. Gracie.
    6. Akiko
    7. Anna P.
    8. Ashley
    9. Mae Berenice
    10. Polina or Valentina

Something like that.

Actually, I would not be one bit surprised if Yulia won it, given how inconsistent Mao tends to skate.

Custom Title
    i bet Mao goes for 2 3a's in the FS

Polina; we had our "curiosity" about her before Sochi and whilst there, she got our "attention". My (bold) prediction? After Worlds, she will henceforth be part of any podium discussion.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladola View Post
    i bet Mao goes for 2 3a's in the FS
    In one of the practice videos someone posted, it looked like Mao was practicing the same layout she did in Sochi (w/ one 3A, the 3F-3L and 2A-3T). I'd imagine nailing that program so well in Sochi has given her confidence that she can do it again. I really hope she does!

Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post
    Polina; we had our "curiosity" about her before Sochi and whilst there, she got our "attention". My (bold) prediction? After Worlds, she will henceforth be part of any podium discussion.
    Very bold prediction indeed Rabid. I think it's a fair prediction but there will be a lot of competition for her next season, including a number of skaters who were not in Sochi or will be at worlds this year.

The best thing Polina can do is follow up her strong performances in Sochi with two strong performances in Saitama. Right now the judges are preparing to rearrange the scoring tiers and need to see how all of these girls stack up next to one another. Once Mao, Carolina, Akiko, etc. exit, the standings are going to shuffle. Adelina, Julia and Gracie will now be seen as the veterans and will likely get the highest scores moving forward. Polina will still be a newbie next year (1st senior season) but she can use this world championships as a springboard to give her a leg up over other skaters in the scoring department, especially if she places well here.

I'm hopeful she'll do well. Kinda sad how Ashley isn't really in the conversation for medals now. I love her, I really do, but she will have to step it way waaay up if she wants to be competitive with this post-Sochi crowd.

Mods, feel free to delete this if you feel it violates a policy or whatever, but it is relevant. I did a preview for the ladies on my blog. I really think this competition is going to be b/w Mao and Carolina as well as Julia and Gracie. I'd like to see either Mao or Carolina win with the other placing 2nd...sort of like a farewell to this era of skating. But Julia and Gracie are very well positioned to sneak into one of those top spots.

I think the judges will lean more towards the veterans at this competition but they'll have to deliver. Carolina was perfect through 3 performances in Sochi; I don't know if she can do that again. Mao can definitely improve upon her SP but can she hit that insane FS again? I really want to see both of them (and Akiko and Kanako too) go out on a high note. If Julia is back on form, I think she's a sure bet for the podium but without too much inflation, Gracie should be right on her heels.

Podium I'd love to see:
    1. Mao/Carolina
    2. Carolina/Mao
    3. Akiko (I'd really love to see her erase the disappointment of Sochi and last years worlds by ending her career with another world medal)

Custom Title
    I'd like to see the podium of Mao, Carolina, and Akiko in that order as well. I do want Akiko to go out in a blaze of glory, especially on home ice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    In one of the practice videos someone posted, it looked like Mao was practicing the same layout she did in Sochi (w/ one 3A, the 3F-3L and 2A-3T). I'd imagine nailing that program so well in Sochi has given her confidence that she can do it again. I really hope she does!
    I like this layout for Mao, and I think she can set the all time high score with it.

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    1. Mao
    2. Carolina (could be first as well)
    3. Yulia.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    1. Mao
    2. Carolina (could be first as well)
    3. Yulia.

I desperately want Wagner to medal, But those seem like the 3, And upsets could come from either Gold or whichever JPN lady brings it.

Then again i keep feeling like Gold's not gonna do too well, Which is odd.

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    I desperately want Wagner to medal, But those seem like the 3, And upsets could come from either Gold or whichever JPN lady brings it.
    I'm not sure about Yulia tbh. That's just my wish. I agree with you about Gold. I think she can very well get to the podium. Same for Suzuki.
    I'm not sure about Wagner though.

Custom Title
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2014/SEG003.HTM

The 3 Japanese Ladies in a row at the start of the second to last group, Led by Asada, Should be loud

On the Ice
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2014/SEG003.HTM

The 3 Japanese Ladies in a row at the start of the second to last group, Led by Asada, Should be loud
    Agree! Quite surprised when I saw the draw. Exciting! This penultimate warm up group is loaded!

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Weird starting order. I'm not sure if that is so favourable to Mao, Akiko and Kanako. :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    1. Mao
    2. Suzuki
    3. Murakmi
    Hope you didn't put down another "$8000".

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12