World's Ladies Podium | Golden Skate

World's Ladies Podium

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Who will be ladies podium? yuna and Mao retired? Did caro?

I think Gold will win a medal. In Japan, maybe crowd love with support willi help kanako. I assume Akiko retired?:cry:

Crylais

Rinkside
I think Mao is actually skating at Worlds? I think I read somewhere that she will end her career there. Kinda makes sense since it will be in front of her home crowd.

My guess.

1) Mao
2) Yulia
3) Gracie

Dots

Final Flight
1) Mao!
2) Gracie
ok I know this will be controversial, but I actually pick Ashley (third) over Lipniskaya and Murakami.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
No Olympic champion?Hmm) And if there is Mao participating, that will be
1) Adelina/clean Mao
3)Yulia

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
No Olympic champion?Hmm) And if there is Mao participating, that will be
1) Adelina/clean Mao
3)Yulia

Clean Mao will beat Adelina in Japan by 20 points or more. Adelina will see a backlash for the Olympic fiasco if she dares to show up at Worlds in Japan and probably not even medal unless she is perfect.

Adelina will pull out before the worlds. It's inevitable.

Although this is most likely.

UnChosen

On the Ice
The thing is...if the insane inflation from the Olympics doesn't go away by Worlds then Mao would have no chance to win even if she skates completely clean. Julia beat Mao's 8 triples 1 3A FS in PCS with 2 falls...

1. Adelina
2. Julia
3. Akiko

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
The thing is...if the insane inflation from the Olympics doesn't go away by Worlds then Mao would have no chance to win even if she skates completely clean. Julia beat Mao's 8 triples 1 3A FS in PCS with 2 falls...

1. Adelina
2. Julia
3. Akiko

Olympics arent in Russia. The Japanese fed. will be waiting for Fraudnitkova (which is probably why she wont show) and she will have to face the music of a skating world that now views her as an utter joke and she would have to face a far superior and talented skater than she will ever be in her home country.

NMURA

Medalist
In Japan, probably Sotnikova's olympic skates would be only a few points higher than Asada. Lipnitskaya is about 18 points lower. The Home advantage is unwritten rule in this sport. I'm not going to defend that though, the Russians should worry about beating Murakami. She will have more "push" than 4CC in Taiwan.

Asada SP 58 + FS 148 = 206
Sotnikova SP 70 + FS 138 = 208
Lipnitskaya SP 62 + FS 126 = 188

UnChosen

On the Ice
In Japan, probably Sotnikova's olympic skates would be only a few points higher than Asada. Lipnitskaya is about 13 points lower. The Home advantage is unwritten rule in this sport. I'm not going to defend that though, the Russians should worry about beating Murakami. She will have more "push" than 4CC in Taiwan.

We'll see whether home advantage or reputation advantage will win in a month, shall we? :biggrin:

NMURA

Medalist
We'll see whether home advantage or reputation advantage will win in a month, shall we? :biggrin:

You can remember Wagner two years ago after "winning" 4CC in Colorado. In case of Lipnitskaya, her "reputation" is definitely down after the Olympics.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sotnikova is well accepted in Japan, its not like she will be skating in Korea

my pick

1 Mao
2 Gracie
3 Adelina/Julia/Carolina

daphna

On the Ice
I hope Mao can skate a clean short, then duplicate her LP from Sochi and win one last time at home and go out with a bang.

whatif

Medalist
There will be two fresh reigning Ladies Olympic champions at the competition. Who will prevail?