World's Ladies Podium | Page 2 | Golden Skate

World's Ladies Podium

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
After the horrible rude russian audience in sochi im so glad to see an skating event held in Japan! :)

tetana

Rinkside
What a great news!! I hope Mao and Caro have two perfect clean programs in Worlds. Then

1.2. Mao or Caro
3 Gracie

a_reader

Rinkside
I hope Mao can skate a clean short, then duplicate her LP from Sochi and win one last time at home and go out with a bang.

This.

Dream podium:
1. Mao
2. Caro
3. Ashley (EDIT: Would have also been happy with Akiko in this spot, but just heard she won't be there. :cry:)

Realistic podium:
1. Mao
2. Caro
3. Julia or Gracie

Flaya

Match Penalty
Carolina was interviewed by Eurosport and said she is going to Worlds!

Great news! Thanks for sharing.
That's what I like about her, she never misses Euros or Worlds, the same like Joubert. I love skaters like that.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Akiko is not competing at Worlds.

My hopes:
Mao
Carolina
Gracie

My realistic prediction:
Mao
Carolina
Yulia/Gracie

I don't think Adelina will go.

anyanka

Record Breaker
1) Mao
2) Caro
3) Yulia

Had to edit, didn't realize Akiko was not competing, and didn't know that Caro is going now. (Lots of changes to come of course)

piitaa

Spectator
1. Mao
2. Adelina
3. Carolina

totally agree with this. Even if Adelina has 3 falls.
ISU hates to be criticized wrt Olympics result so judges are reluctant to place the gold medallist lower than 2nd, even her performance is horrible.
(as Kim at 2010 Wold)

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
The thing is...if the insane inflation from the Olympics doesn't go away by Worlds then Mao would have no chance to win even if she skates completely clean. Julia beat Mao's 8 triples 1 3A FS in PCS with 2 falls...

1. Adelina
2. Julia
3. Akiko

But one fall was in the SP and cost Yulia about 8 points, whereas Mao lost many more points and would have been much lower except they gave her high PCS even though her program fell apart with all 3 jumping passes being failuresl. In the LP, Mao soundly beat Yulia, though her PCS should have been 72 and it would have come down to decimal points as to who came out ahead.

Yulia SP with 1 fall soundly beats Mao's SP with 3 jump failures but it would definitely be the other way around if Mao only has one jump failure.

Yulia may have been held up PCS-wise in the LP, but Mao was definitely held up in the SP, anyone else with those mistakes would have had 30 max PCS.

To those who were calculating possible scores at Worlds, Yulia's lowest SP score is 66.5 and lowest FS 125.5 = 192 (i refuse to count COR because she knows where to add in jumps now)

I hope it will be
Mao (going reasonably clean)/Yulia (100% clean and on fire)
Caro
Gracie
Adelina (not likely but I think think this is where she'll wind up)