World's Ladies Podium | Page 4 | Golden Skate

World's Ladies Podium

anyanka

Record Breaker
If Mae goes clean should she not be ahead of Ashley? I could see a case for that.

I wasn't ranking the top six in order per se, just throwing them out as a "final flight", you pick the order. Mao could be on top, or Adelina could rock it out again, or Gracie may surprise us all.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wasn't ranking the top six in order per se, just throwing them out as a "final flight", you pick the order. Mao could be on top, or Adelina could rock it out again, or Gracie may surprise us all.

Maé Bérénice Méité
Vs
Ashley

Was my question? If Mae goes clean.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Maé Bérénice Méité
Vs
Ashley

Was my question? If Mae goes clean.

Oh hahah! Sorry I misread "Mae" as "Mao"! My bad. :laugh: (Too much time in front of screen)

But those I put ranked 7 to 10 ... yes I can see Mae going ahead of Ashley, quite possible. Lots of potential in that one, and a certain charisma that drew me in right away. I like her short program, and am only disappointed she didn't swipe Jason Brown's Prince costume since she's using the same music. Plus, it'll be great for France to have a leading lady in the ladies discipline in the next quad.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mae can jump!!! She just gets a bit rough around the edges at times but a little more focus on grace and detail and who knows. She was great at Euros!! No one talks much of her here.

Flaya

Match Penalty
Interesting comments.

Remember that Mao is somewhat unpredictable, she never had Yuna's consistency. I would not be shocked if she bombs again. I would not be surprised if she wins gold either.

It will be between four skaters: Mao, Adelina, Yulia and Caro. It's tough to forsee anyone else on the podium... maybe Kanako?

tana

Match Penalty
Any chance, Clean Asada breaks World Record??

If Adelina can come within one point to break the world record for LP with 7 triples program, Mao with 8 triples should do the job easily, wouldn't you say? Besides, if Mao's gonna retire, I'd like to see her do so with a bang. Who else is more befitting than Mao to make a new world record and leave a legacy in the sports as the only woman under the IJS judging system to bring triple axels for both Olympics? I always thought it was quite a shame judges weren't willing to have someone other than Yuna Kim to post a new worlds record for the last four years while in the mens competition, skaters like Chan and Hanyu were doing that so frequently.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Of course I would LOVE for Mao to win. But I think her troubles with her 3a haven't gone away. Thrilled to get to see her at worlds, though, for the last time probably.

the front runners for the podium are Mao, Adelina, Caro and Yulia, for sure, with Gracie and Ashley waiting in the wings should disaster strike any of the above. It will be interesting to see how the judges receive Adelina but it will be a good reception, she's Olympic champ. It's just up to her to keep her juices flowing and put in solid programs. Of all the young Olympic gold medalist of years past, however, I think she is the one who truly sees this a fresh start in her career, not the climax. She's seen what she can do and she wants more.

Caro - will her newfound love for and comfort in competition endure for once last go around after such an exhausting season? And will Yulia come determined to get on a world podium or will she just be exhausted and desperate to move on from this season?
Gracie and Ashley - I see them giving it their all. They are still waiting to make their mark and break through the podium ceiling - or at least establish themselves as contenders. Especially Gracie.

What I hope is to see two very clean programs from Gracie, or at least no falls. She really needs that to solidify a rep as a consistent competitor.

Polina - it will be her first world's. I hope she is highly motivated and excited, even if it does come after the Olympics.

BounceAround

On the Ice
The following is my dream result.

-------
Mao wins but the other Japanese ladies place so badly (Sorry Akiko and Kanako! Nothing personal.) that they (almost) lose their three spots. The Federation freaks out and basically forces her to keep skating. Mao spends most of June stressing out and Lori decides to take her to a Japanese hot spring resort so they can "talk about what skating means [to Mao]".

While Mao is there, Yuna arrives with her people! Mao and Yuna spend some quality girly time in the hot springs talking about life and starting up a newfound friendship where they left off circa 2007 on that Japanese talk show. Yuna tells Mao all the things she said about their rivalry to the press and says that she truly meant everything. Then she tells Mao to "skate because you love it" but also to "win for old times' sake". Yuna then leaves to receive her crystal globe award at the U.N.

Lori comes to have her talk with Mao, and they decide to go on a long hike. No one knows what they said on that hike, but the next season, Mao appears on the Grand Prix series with a spellbinding program to some high-brow crack-level addicting classical music and no triple axel. She also debuts a new exhibition to Britney Spears's "Piece of Me", which is her subtle way of hitting back at the media. It's not about the winning anymore, but she still wins every competition, through eternity, from then on.

Meanwhile, Carolina wins the silver and decides to stay on and become the Empress Dowager of skating. At the age of 35, she becomes the first woman to land both a clockwise and counterclockwise triple flip within the same program. She debuts some "innovative patterns" in her footwork that are really just the revival of school figures. People around the world bow every time she does a footwork sequence.

In a completely unforeseen event, Adelina and Julia receive the exact same score and exhaust all ISU tie-breakers. They both receive a bronze medal. The media then decides that their rivalry will be the rivalry to end all rivalries and airs Yagudin-Plushenko-esque fluff pieces about them. They watch these fluff pieces from their hotel room and laugh while eating popcorn together. Five years down the road, their friendship hits a real snag when they both fall for Maxim Kovtun. Yikes!

----------

Yup.

Becki

Medalist

-------
Mao wins but the other Japanese ladies place so badly (Sorry Akiko and Kanako! Nothing personal.) that they (almost) lose their three spots. The Federation freaks out and basically forces her to keep skating. Mao spends most of June stressing out and Lori decides to take her to a Japanese hot spring resort so they can "talk about what skating means [to Mao]".

While Mao is there, Yuna arrives with her people! Mao and Yuna spend some quality girly time in the hot springs talking about life and starting up a newfound friendship where they left off circa 2007 on that Japanese talk show. Yuna tells Mao all the things she said about their rivalry to the press and says that she truly meant everything. Then she tells Mao to "skate because you love it" but also to "win for old times' sake". Yuna then leaves to receive her crystal globe award at the U.N.

Lori comes to have her talk with Mao, and they decide to go on a long hike. No one knows what they said on that hike, but the next season, Mao appears on the Grand Prix series with a spellbinding program to some high-brow crack-level addicting classical music and no triple axel. She also debuts a new exhibition to Britney Spears's "Piece of Me", which is her subtle way of hitting back at the media. It's not about the winning anymore, but she still wins every competition, through eternity, from then on.

Meanwhile, Carolina wins the silver and decides to stay on and become the Empress Dowager of skating. At the age of 35, she becomes the first woman to land both a clockwise and counterclockwise triple flip within the same program. She debuts some "innovative patterns" in her footwork that are really just the revival of school figures. People around the world bow every time she does a footwork sequence.

In a completely unforeseen event, Adelina and Julia receive the exact same score and exhaust all ISU tie-breakers. They both receive a bronze medal. The media then decides that their rivalry will be the rivalry to end all rivalries and airs Yagudin-Plushenko-esque fluff pieces about them. They watch these fluff pieces from their hotel room and laugh while eating popcorn together. Five years down the road, their friendship hits a real snag when they both fall for Maxim Kovtun. Yikes!

----------

Yup.

This is a cute story! Haha

I think it's Mao's title to lose. A clean Mao will be heads and shoulders above everyone in Japan :p Basically skate her NHK SP and her Olympic LP and she will break a World Record somewhere in between :p

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight

-------

----------

Yup.

I love it! You should write fanfiction, lots of fanfiction.

(And you should write Figure Skating RPF.):party:

peg

Medalist

-------

----------

Yup.

:laugh:
You have a fabulous and delightful imagination!

anyanka

Record Breaker

-------

----------

Yup.

Can I get you to turn this into a mini-series?

Violetti

On the Ice
I predict that Mao will be on the podium.
And Julia.
Then either Akiko or Carolina. If they both fail, then Adelina or Gracie.
This will be a very interesting competition as they all compete against each other again, except Yuna Kim.
The results will be different than in the Olympics I believe.