World's Ladies Podium

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
My guess would be:
1) Mao
2) Julia
3) Akiko
4) Adelina

Mao will probably get the "e" call on her lutz because it is so egregious, but I think in Japan the home cooking would result in no "<" if she skated her LP here like she did in Sochi. In Japan if she is relatively clean she will win on TES alone, and have a bigger margin with the best PCS. I think Julia will learn from her Sochi mistakes and skate two error-free programs. Akiko will skate well and I expect her to take bronze after she wowed everyone at Nationals. I expect Adelina to have a bit of a letdown after her Olympic title, especially since she is rarely in the form she showed in Sochi. My biggest hope is that Japan, USA, and Russia are able to secure 3 spots each for 2015 Worlds.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Mae can jump!!! She just gets a bit rough around the edges at times but a little more focus on grace and detail and who knows. She was great at Euros!! No one talks much of her here.

Start a thread in fan fest, if there isn't already one set up? :)

Npmonice

Rinkside
I wish for everyone to skate well and I hope the correct skaters end up on the podium (this is not a dig at the Sochi podium). Although I certainly do not want to deal with another fiasco or aftermath like the ladies Olympic event! I'm not sure I could cope, I walked around for a whole week in a daze ha ha

urara

Rinkside
I want Mao and Carolina to stand on the podium, but I have a premonition that the judges will try to justify the score of the Olympics. So I predict that Adelina, Carolina, and Julia will be on the podium. (in any order)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want Mao and Carolina to stand on the podium, but I have a premonition that the judges will try to justify the score of the Olympics. So I predict that Adelina, Carolina, and Julia will be on the podium. (in any order)

I think the scores over the next quad are going to trend up in order to justify the Olympic results. I also think that was the plan all along. That said...

Actual podium

Mao
Adelina
Caro

Dream podium

Caro
Mao
Yulia

BounceAround

On the Ice
Isabel_O'Reilly said:
I love it! You should write fanfiction, lots of fanfiction.

(And you should write Figure Skating RPF.):party:

peg said:
You have a fabulous and delightful imagination!

anyanka said:
Can I get you to turn this into a mini-series?

Thanks! I cannot continue this story (because life), but I would love to hear everyone else's skating dreams :yay:.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I think the scores over the next quad are going to trend up in order to justify the Olympic results. I also think that was the plan all along. That said...

Actual podium

Mao
Adelina
Caro

Dream podium

Caro
Mao
Yulia

Didn't they trend downwards in the two seasons following Vancouver, though? IIRC Miki won worlds in '11 with 191 and Caro won the following year with 189. Maybe it's just a balancing effect, and then a huge uptick again? Don't know if this also was the case following Torino.

Trewyn

Medalist
Dream podium:

1. Ashley
2. Akiko
3. Carolina
(the top 3, albeit in a different order of the 2012 Worlds LP)

What is more realistic:

1. Mao
2. Julia or Carolina (I still have a suspicion she's not going to show up)
3. Akiko or Ashley or Gracie

desertskates

Medalist
Since Adelina has officially withdrawn, I'd like edit mine:
1. Mao
2. Carolina
3. Julia
4&5--Ashley/Gracie
6. Akiko, if she's there

Eloise

Rinkside
I love your dream podium, although I would like to see Akiko getting the bronze medal again before she retires! Yulia has got lots of time to collect medals in the future!

Actual podium

Mao
Adelina
Caro

Dream podium

Caro
Mao
Yulia

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
I think it will be:
Mao
Yulia
Caro
Gracie
Akiko
Polina
Ashley
Kanako
Katelyn

But we all know how good I am at predicting (not).

I thought I'd try my hand at storytelling.

With new focus and determination Julia will skate lights-out in both the Short and Long and score near or over 200 points for the fifth time this year. In any other field she'd win but Mao without her triple Axel being downgraded is unbeatable, she will beat Yulia by 0.XX points. Julia with her silver medal will retain her streak of gaining gold of silver at every event but TEB 2012 where she skated with a foot injury (Bronze). So far, in international competition she hasn't been off the podium. Mao will have her World title and old medal to end her long and illustrious career. Carolina will skate marvelously and score just behind Yulia. Gracie, Polina, and Ashley will perform strongly and will all be in the top six or seven.

This exercise has shown that I am terrible at turning crazy and elaborate ideas in my head into words that entertain and amuse.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Mae can jump!!! She just gets a bit rough around the edges at times but a little more focus on grace and detail and who knows. She was great at Euros!! No one talks much of her here.

Mae is a bit of a wildcard. I think she might drop because skaters like Osmond are bound to have better skates and well Mae is due for a bad skate looking at her past results. I trust or assume the Japanese ladies will do well in Japan - forget conspiracies just the positive atmosphere. I hope for Carolina's sake while she has a chance at another world title she doesn't fall apart and leave with no medal. I would say Mao and Akiko have reasonably good shots at the podium add to that Gracie and maybe Ashley plus Yulia and Caro could find herself bumped.

zamboni step

Final Flight
My turn for some fanfiction. From the POV of a Yuna fan.

Adelina Sotnikova, gazed into her cauldron of eviiiiil and gazed into the future using black magic. In the vodka filled cauldron she saw horrors! Julia emoting and not flutzing, Mao landing her 3As with non-hooked landings, and Gracie not grinning like a dazed supermodel throughout her entire program, there was in fact....artistry! Above all else Adelina felt fear in the ice shard where her heart should be, she cackled her witch laugh and assembled her team, including the Olympic judge, Bride of Piseev (dun, dun, dun!). "I vant de vorld title." drawled Sotnikova in her thick Russian accent. "But I can't help you mistress!". cried Bride of Piseev, Adelina's favourite pet, aware she would be helpless to cover up for Adelina's spins being secretly level 1 (Her combination spin doesn't even have a sit position in it, it's hidden well). "Silence you fool!", admonished the Russian cheater whilst thinking about how to get away with another UR 3Flutz-3Toe, "I know I can't vin it dis year, I vill pull out and vin it next year." Suddenly Sky_Fly revealed herself and used her own magical powers to drain Adelina's huge toe-loop to give to Gracie, "Movie star good looks, AND a quad-toe.", quipped everyone's favourite troll. This shocked her entourage who all cursed the evil homosexuals for this bad luck. So Adelina the cowardly Russian witch withdrew.

And that is the tale of why Adelina withdrew, hope you liked it!

Disclaimer- I'm not actually Adelina Sotnikova, despite how realistic this sounds.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^:rofl::rofl:CAN NOT EVEN PICK A FAVORITE PART. Maybe the hidden level 1 spin.:laugh: