World's Ladies Podium | Page 6 | Golden Skate

World's Ladies Podium

BRASILwmr

Rinkside
I will write quickly
Podium WC 2014
1-ASADA
2- LIPNITSKAYA (with perhaps a bit of inflation)
3-KOSTNER (Lipnitskaya is always a stone in her skates)
and completing the top 10
4- GOLD (Holywood dream)
5- SUZUKI (is more dream than reality)
6- WAGNER (she's already getting used to this place)
7- MURAKAMI (*~* I had so much hope in her)
8- POGORILAYA or EDMUNDS (junior fight)
9- EDMUNDS or POGORILAYA
10- OSMOND or MEITÉ or LI
:sarcasm:
Nothing new as impossible in olympic podium

BRASILwmr

Rinkside
Dream podium:

1. Ashley
2. Akiko
3. Carolina
(the top 3, albeit in a different order of the 2012 Worlds LP)

What is more realistic:

1. Mao
2. Julia or Carolina (I still have a suspicion she's not going to show up)
3. Akiko or Ashley or Gracie

Wagner actually has tiniest chances of climbing the podium! Bet your chips in Gold!

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
carolina has not finished off the podium at any competition since the 2010 season. don't think this world championship will the only exception.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I will write quickly
Podium WC 2014
1-ASADA
2- LIPNITSKAYA (with perhaps a bit of inflation)

I guarantee that you will see no Russflation at this event (in fact it might be the opposite, many in the skating community are p1ssed bigtime at the Russians for the Sochi debacles, especialy the ladies). Whatever medal Julia wins she will have 100% earned, it certainly wont be by "inflation" this time around.

fairly4

Medalist
i would like
1) gracie
2) mao
3) caroline
4) yulia
5) akiko
6) Ashley
7) polina
8) anna
9) mae Bernice
10)kanako

but i think 1-4 can change in medals
5-6 can get in medal if top 4 make mistakes
7-10 have outside chance .
Kanako is exception she can medal if top 4 makes mistakes.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
My prediction
1) Caro
2) Julia
3) Mao (It will be extremely difficult to replicate her Sochi LP performance)
4) Gracie (Very likely she will grab a medel)
5) Ashley
6) Akiko
7-8) Polina/Anna (I personally want them to be the top 6, for being the fresh face of competition)
9) Kanako
10) Osmond

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
1. Mao
2. Caro
3. Gracie, if she skates clean. Yulia, ditto. Or if Akiko gives the performance of her life.

I think Mao's pretty much a lock for first, and Caro's going to medal at the least. I think bronze is up for grabs here.

Dance-wise,
1. P/B
2. I/K (if clean, which is unpredictable with them.)
3. B/S? C/L? W/P? C/B? Who knows?

I'd personally love for the Shibs to come out and kill, but even as a fan I admit their programs are subpar this year. Unless there's the total disaster of 2011 all over again, then they might stand a chance.

BusyMom

Medalist
1. Mao 2. Carolina 3. Gracie I also wish akiko somehow to have the performances of the lifetime.

usethis2

Medalist
The following is my dream result.

-------
I love every part of it except;

She also debuts a new exhibition to Britney Spears's "Piece of Me", which is her subtle way of hitting back at the media.
I don't think that can ever be subtle. lol.

Edit: OMG this one is even more fun!

My turn for some fanfiction. From the POV of a Yuna fan.

Adelina Sotnikova, gazed into her cauldron of eviiiiil and gazed into the future using black magic. In the vodka filled cauldron she saw horrors! Julia emoting and not flutzing, Mao landing her 3As with non-hooked landings, and Gracie not grinning like a dazed supermodel throughout her entire program, there was in fact....artistry! Above all else Adelina felt fear in the ice shard where her heart should be, she cackled her witch laugh and assembled her team, including the Olympic judge, Bride of Piseev (dun, dun, dun!). "I vant de vorld title." drawled Sotnikova in her thick Russian accent. "But I can't help you mistress!". cried Bride of Piseev, Adelina's favourite pet, aware she would be helpless to cover up for Adelina's spins being secretly level 1 (Her combination spin doesn't even have a sit position in it, it's hidden well). "Silence you fool!", admonished the Russian cheater whilst thinking about how to get away with another UR 3Flutz-3Toe, "I know I can't vin it dis year, I vill pull out and vin it next year." Suddenly Sky_Fly revealed herself and used her own magical powers to drain Adelina's huge toe-loop to give to Gracie, "Movie star good looks, AND a quad-toe.", quipped everyone's favourite troll. This shocked her entourage who all cursed the evil homosexuals for this bad luck. So Adelina the cowardly Russian witch withdrew.

And that is the tale of why Adelina withdrew, hope you liked it!

Disclaimer- I'm not actually Adelina Sotnikova, despite how realistic this sounds.

usethis2

Medalist
It seems strange that people overlook Kanako. Assuming clean performance I would put her right behind Mao/Carolina.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
My turn for some fanfiction. From the POV of a Yuna fan.

Adelina Sotnikova, gazed into her cauldron of eviiiiil and gazed into the future using black magic. In the vodka filled cauldron she saw horrors! Julia emoting and not flutzing, Mao landing her 3As with non-hooked landings, and Gracie not grinning like a dazed supermodel throughout her entire program, there was in fact....artistry! Above all else Adelina felt fear in the ice shard where her heart should be, she cackled her witch laugh and assembled her team, including the Olympic judge, Bride of Piseev (dun, dun, dun!). "I vant de vorld title." drawled Sotnikova in her thick Russian accent. "But I can't help you mistress!". cried Bride of Piseev, Adelina's favourite pet, aware she would be helpless to cover up for Adelina's spins being secretly level 1 (Her combination spin doesn't even have a sit position in it, it's hidden well). "Silence you fool!", admonished the Russian cheater whilst thinking about how to get away with another UR 3Flutz-3Toe, "I know I can't vin it dis year, I vill pull out and vin it next year." Suddenly Sky_Fly revealed herself and used her own magical powers to drain Adelina's huge toe-loop to give to Gracie, "Movie star good looks, AND a quad-toe.", quipped everyone's favourite troll. This shocked her entourage who all cursed the evil homosexuals for this bad luck. So Adelina the cowardly Russian witch withdrew.

And that is the tale of why Adelina withdrew, hope you liked it!

Disclaimer- I'm not actually Adelina Sotnikova, despite how realistic this sounds.

:rofl:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It seems strange that people overlook Kanako. Assuming clean performance I would put her right behind Mao/Carolina.

Kanako struggled through the GP, shone at Nationals, then seemed to have reached her peak at 4CC because Sochi was a regression. She may do better at home, but I'm not sure she will be able to peak again.

colourmeblue

Rinkside

Kanako may very well medal if she skates clean, but it would also require not-so-clean performances from several other top ladies. :think:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I intentionally put Kanako at the bottom of the list since I have lost hope in her. She is capable of doing amazing programs but only once or twice in a year. Other times, she tends to have a meltdown performance. Folks here talked about Adelina being the head case before; In retrospect, Kanako "deserves" the title more. Not that I don't like her, she repeatedly disappointed me… Also, she is a chronic under rotator. I remember at Sochi the NBC commentators were in fact a little surprised that she did not get ur calls, while Kexin Zhang of China got urs all over the program right after Kanako.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Predicting Mao to win is one thing but calling her a lock is funny. She hasnt beaten Caro once this whole quad. How can you be a lock to win in a competition with someone you havent beaten in over 3 years entered.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Predicting Mao to win is one thing but calling her a lock is funny. She hasnt beaten Caro once this whole quad. How can you be a lock to win in a competition with someone you havent beaten in over 3 years entered.

What are you talking about? Mao was the 2013 GPF champion and Caro failed to be qualified---meaning she was at least 6 places after Mao.