Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mrs. P, I saw most of them and agree Jimmy is great. I also loved Will Ferrell skating to the Downtown Abbey Theme. I actually thought it would make a beautiful program, the music is kind of haunting and I could see Caroline Kostner skating to it with her beautiful lines. Mrs. Obama said she one of her favorite Olympic sports was watching figure skating. Yay for all the plugs for our favorite sport!!!

Forgot to mention it was so funny to see Jimmy & Justin rapping in suits.

mintx

On the Ice
I loved intro on the first day. He was so humble introducing himself and his parents and acknowledging the work of all of the past hosts. I'm not a fan of all of his characters, the "Ew" skit is not my taste but the rap and history of hip hop was wonderful.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he is hit or miss for me. Not really sure he's "fresh and new" like everyone says...

I miss Leno. That's not why I don't like Fallon, I'm just not into my generation's idea of humor I guess.

I'm more excited about Seth Meyers.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Respect for Leno. Liked Fallon in the "Late Night" time slot ... happy for his sake that he was promoted to the Tonight show.

The downside is that Fallon left big "Late Night" shoes for Seth Myers (sp?) to fill. Not sure that Myers warrants an hour of TV five times a week. (Sorry, Toni. :laugh:) I wonder who else had been on the short list of contenders as Fallon's successor.

My one quibble so far with Fallon on Tonight:
Enough already with Timberlake. I get that JT is a big star, that Fallon and he have enjoyed performing together many times in the past, and that they are friends for real. But during Fallon's first week, devoting a full hour to a JT lovefest seems like "been there, done that." Should have spent less time with JT and more time showing off Fallon's versatility/creativity/originality with other guests and in other ways.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Respect for Leno. Liked Fallon in the "Late Night" time slot ... happy for his sake that he was promoted to the Tonight show.

The downside is that Fallon left big "Late Night" shoes for Seth Myers (sp?) to fill. Not sure that Myers warrants an hour of TV five times a week. (Sorry, Toni. :laugh:) I wonder who else had been on the short list of contenders as Fallon's successor.

My one quibble so far with Fallon on Tonight:
Enough already with Timberlake. I get that JT is a big star, that Fallon and he have enjoyed performing together many times in the past, and that they are friends for real. But during Fallon's first week, devoting a full hour to a JT lovefest seems like "been there, done that." Should have spent less time with JT and more time showing off Fallon's versatility/creativity/originality with other guests and in other ways.

YMMV, golden411.:) I actually like them together; I like their rapport together. I think the late night shows always has that one person/gag/whatever that click.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
YMMV, golden411.:) I actually like them together; I like their rapport together. I think the late night shows always has that one person/gag/whatever that click.

No worries, Mrs. P -- just my opinion (and I admit that I am meh about JT in general).

But to me, it felt like watching a re-run of one of Fallon's lengthy lovefests with JT from Late Night -- although I recognize that they had fresh material for Tonight of course.
And it underlined for me that Fallon has to be careful not to rest too much on his laurels, so to speak.

IMO, his version of the Tonight show should not be a carbon copy of his Late Night show simply moved to an earlier time slot.
I think that Fallon is very talented (I am the opposite of meh about him) and that he is capable of fresh ideas for Tonight. I do like some of the old ones that they already have re-used -- such as Thank-You Notes and Superlatives -- but am waiting to see new concepts too.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
IMO, his version of the Tonight show should not be a carbon copy of his Late Night show simply moved to an earlier time slot.
Bummer, I perfer it now. It always seemed to me they were all copies of each other over and over prior and the diference is nice. Look forward to many things missing from the old shelp they kept ... well coping. Have a feeling that was the whole point of moving him and would be surprised at any other result them Jimmy to be Jimmy. Less opinion and more celebration is a good way to sum it up for me.