Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Lets Ban Everybody and Watch Favorite Videos!

  1. #1
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,244

    Lets Ban Everybody and Watch Favorite Videos!

    Seriously.....

    Between the namecalling, insults, cursing, accusations, elitism, etc. etc, this place has become pretty lame. Who is with me?

    Best solution?

    BAN EVERYBODY!!

    Get some

    And add a few million views to Jason Brown's Riverdance FS!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzlcVKFVWVI

  2. #2
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,551
    The Olympics is over. It is time to turn the volume back down, which is why I removed the caps from the title. By all means, work for fairness and better scoring, but you won't get there without working together. Please be more kind to each other.

    And I see Jason now has over four and a quarter million views.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-22-2014 at 03:49 PM.

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    852
    Sounds good to me! Love Jason and his Riverdance!!

  4. #4
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,244
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    The Olympics is over. It is time to turn the volume back down, which is why I removed the caps from the title. By all means, work for fairness and better scoring, but you won't get there without working together. Please be more kind to each other.
    Sorry for the caps Doris! My attempt at being funny failed. :wah wah:

    But I totally agree with you. This thread was an attempt to be light-hearted.

  5. #5
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,418
    Jason has enough views, I say everyone should go watch Hurtado/Diaz's FD

    And fingers crossed that the IOC will finally allow videos on Youtube so that we can all relive Mao's glorious FS.

  6. #6
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Jason has enough views, I say everyone should go watch Hurtado/Diaz's FD

    And fingers crossed that the IOC will finally allow videos on Youtube so that we can all relive Mao's glorious FS.
    Your wish is my commnand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JaYXAGomtU (from Europeans, but will do for now)....

  7. #7
    In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    583
    I agree with the kindness thing. I'm a noob (joined around H'ween) but am racking up the posts while I heal a broken foot. I love the comments and the insight and have gained a lot of knowledge. This is fun! But I am surprised at attacks on others.
    I will say though, there are a lot of people here who are quite kind and funny and that makes me smile!

  8. #8
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Your wish is my commnand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JaYXAGomtU (from Europeans, but will do for now)....
    We'll see if we're ever allowed an Olympic version... until then, here's a better-quality Euros one.

    I also gave Jason one more click.

  9. #9
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,244
    Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    I agree with the kindness thing. I'm a noob (joined around H'ween) but am racking up the posts while I heal a broken foot. I love the comments and the insight and have gained a lot of knowledge. This is fun! But I am surprised at attacks on others.
    I will say though, there are a lot of people here who are quite kind and funny and that makes me smile!
    desertskates, I am thrilled to hear you are enjoying your time at the forum! I really do enjoy it here....and don't want to ban anybody (well there may be a few...).

    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    We'll see if we're ever allowed an Olympic version... until then, here's a better-quality Euros one.

    I also gave Jason one more click.
    Thank you Buttercup! It has a really nice view of her costume. A click for H/D!

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    747
    PS - My mum became the Jason uber :P She wanted him to win these Olys :P He's awesome))

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I really do enjoy it here....and don't want to ban anybody (well there may be a few...).
    Some days I wish I had a flyswatter

  12. #12
    Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    PS - My mum became the Jason uber :P She wanted him to win these Olys :P He's awesome))
    Truth to tell, I really wanted him to win, too, even though I knew it wouldn't happen. Hope he masters his quad and sticks to the path he's on. Expecting wonderful things from him in a few years....

    In the meantime, in case you & your mum missed it, here's a link to a really nice article about Jason from the NY Times published just before the men's FS. It's well-written, very interesting, and includes a fabulous photo of him doing a split jump. Hope you enjoy!

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/13/sp...-ice.html?_r=0
    Last edited by skatedreamer; 02-22-2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: link to article showed up twice, then I put a goofy icon in the wrong place! :-)

  13. #13
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,551
    I'm down for watching Hurtado & Diaz's FD again too!

  14. #14
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,244
    Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    Truth to tell, I really wanted him to win, too, even though I knew it wouldn't happen. Hope he masters his quad and sticks to the path he's on. Expecting wonderful things from him in a few years....

    In the meantime, in case you & your mum missed it, here's a link to a really nice article about Jason from the NY Times published just before the men's FS. It's well-written, very interesting, and includes a fabulous photo of him doing a split jump.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/13/sp...-ice.html?_r=0

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/13/sp...-ice.html?_r=0
    That article is so good! And the spilt portrait is great. Apparently they are actually outside and it's snowing!

  15. #15
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    87
    I want Jason Brown to be my friend. Ultra-cheerful people usually annoy me, but he's just so darn adorable. Loved how excited he was about the Canada/USA house street hockey match, though as someone said on here, excited seems to be his default state.

    I generally only seek out forums during big events unless something particularly interesting happens and previously I frequented a different forum, so I'm not sure if the level of craziness and hostility here is normal or unique to Olympic time. Some of the commentary has been very enjoyable and informative, but the hostility has been disheartening.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •