Lets Ban Everybody and Watch Favorite Videos! | Golden Skate

Lets Ban Everybody and Watch Favorite Videos!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Seriously.....

Between the namecalling, insults, cursing, accusations, elitism, etc. etc, this place has become pretty lame. Who is with me?

Best solution?

BAN EVERYBODY!!

Get some :popcorn:

And add a few million views to Jason Brown's Riverdance FS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzlcVKFVWVI

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Olympics is over. It is time to turn the volume back down, which is why I removed the caps from the title. By all means, work for fairness and better scoring, but you won't get there without working together. Please be more kind to each other.

And I see Jason now has over four and a quarter million views.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The Olympics is over. It is time to turn the volume back down, which is why I removed the caps from the title. By all means, work for fairness and better scoring, but you won't get there without working together. Please be more kind to each other.

Sorry for the caps Doris! My attempt at being funny failed. :wah wah:

But I totally agree with you. :) This thread was an attempt to be light-hearted.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Jason has enough views, I say everyone should go watch Hurtado/Diaz's FD ;)

And fingers crossed that the IOC will finally allow videos on Youtube so that we can all relive Mao's glorious FS.

desertskates

Medalist
I agree with the kindness thing. I'm a noob (joined around H'ween) but am racking up the posts while I heal a broken foot. I love the comments and the insight and have gained a lot of knowledge. This is fun! But I am surprised at attacks on others.
I will say though, there are a lot of people here who are quite kind and funny :) and that makes me smile!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I agree with the kindness thing. I'm a noob (joined around H'ween) but am racking up the posts while I heal a broken foot. I love the comments and the insight and have gained a lot of knowledge. This is fun! But I am surprised at attacks on others.
I will say though, there are a lot of people here who are quite kind and funny :) and that makes me smile!

desertskates, I am thrilled to hear you are enjoying your time at the forum! :) I really do enjoy it here....and don't want to ban anybody (well there may be a few...).

We'll see if we're ever allowed an Olympic version... until then, here's a better-quality Euros one.

I also gave Jason one more click.

Thank you Buttercup! It has a really nice view of her costume. A click for H/D!

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
PS - My mum became the Jason uber :p She wanted him to win these Olys :p He's awesome))

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
PS - My mum became the Jason uber :p She wanted him to win these Olys :p He's awesome))

Truth to tell, I really wanted him to win, too, even though I knew it wouldn't happen. Hope he masters his quad and sticks to the path he's on. Expecting wonderful things from him in a few years.... :clap:

In the meantime, in case you & your mum missed it, here's a link to a really nice article about Jason from the NY Times published just before the men's FS. It's well-written, very interesting, and includes a fabulous photo of him doing a split jump. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/13/s...ciplined-approach-yields-joy-on-ice.html?_r=0

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Truth to tell, I really wanted him to win, too, even though I knew it wouldn't happen. Hope he masters his quad and sticks to the path he's on. Expecting wonderful things from him in a few years.... :clap:

In the meantime, in case you & your mum missed it, here's a link to a really nice article about Jason from the NY Times published just before the men's FS. It's well-written, very interesting, and includes a fabulous photo of him doing a split jump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/13/s...ciplined-approach-yields-joy-on-ice.html?_r=0

That article is so good! And the spilt portrait is great. Apparently they are actually outside and it's snowing!

Angryyew

Rinkside
I want Jason Brown to be my friend. Ultra-cheerful people usually annoy me, but he's just so darn adorable. Loved how excited he was about the Canada/USA house street hockey match, though as someone said on here, excited seems to be his default state.

I generally only seek out forums during big events unless something particularly interesting happens and previously I frequented a different forum, so I'm not sure if the level of craziness and hostility here is normal or unique to Olympic time. Some of the commentary has been very enjoyable and informative, but the hostility has been disheartening.

emma

Record Breaker
I'm getting such a kick out of contributing to Jason's views even though my contributions remain statistically insignificant!

Great to include Hurtado and Diaz. We should include Michael Christian Martinez! I haven't found videos of his Sochi performances yet...but will post if I do!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so glad there is a thread that's fun. This video was posted during a Zamboni break during Ladies FS. Thanks to the kind people at GS for all the guidance and fun:bow: Enjoy!!

http://youtu.be/2Z4m4lnjxkY

I've added to Jason's views by twice in a row and I'm at work!

mwk81

Rinkside
I wonder what Brown will do next season. He seems like a skater that would use lyrics/vocals that will be allowed, maybe the short program?