Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: I think: ISU and judges are tired of the veterans

  1. #1
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    589

    I think: ISU and judges are tired of the veterans

    IMO the judges, and officials are ready for new blood. The veterans: Yuna,Mao and Caro have dominated this sport for so long the judges were sending them a message. Retire. We no longer think your PCS are way above the newbies. All season, Caro was not given overly generous scores for her performances. Hello!! Yuna Kim's SP was only 10th of points above Adelina. Mao brought it during the free skate and Yulia and Adelina had higher PCS than her. Even Gracie is competitive with Mao, Yuna and Caro in PCS. I don't agree with it, I think it sucks. But I think some skating officials being that are humans think is time for the new generation.

    However, IMO when Mao, Caro and Yuna Kim retire, no disrespect to the New Blood.... I don't see any of them with the star power of the veterans, yet.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    I agree but it was stupid of them to need to send the message this season and at the Games. That trio were all certain to retire after this season anyway. Would marking them fairly in their last season have been too much to ask. Apparently so. If one of them surprised and stayed then send them the message then in a post Olympic World with nobody outside skating nuts following, not at the Olympics and in the Olympic season with everyone following. In the end they are the big losers as they look like the joke and so does their already struggling sport.

  3. #3
    Riveted vegarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    IMO the judges, and officials are ready for new blood. The veterans: Yuna,Mao and Caro have dominated this sport for so long the judges were sending them a message. Retire. We no longer think your PCS are way above the newbies. All season, Caro was not given overly generous scores for her performances. Hello!! Yuna Kim's SP was only 10th of points above Adelina. Mao brought it during the free skate and Yulia and Adelina had higher PCS than her. Even Gracie is competitive with Mao, Yuna and Caro in PCS. I don't agree with it, I think it sucks. But I think some skating officials being that are humans think is time for the new generation.

    However, IMO when Mao, Caro and Yuna Kim retire, no disrespect to the New Blood.... I don't see any of them with the star power of the veterans, yet.
    Yuna and Mao were already going to retire, even if they didn't push them out of the door like this. Carolina will not be around too much longer, either, which is a good assumption to have. And this whole new blood theory -- I'm not sure if that explains why Zijun Li hasn't scored better or was not forgiven for all the UR and edge calls that Adelina and Julia were spared from in the same way, and I didn't see Osmond getting inflation on her PCS either. Before you say it's because they didn't perform as well as Adelina, let's not forget that Julia had total of three falls and still cleared ~200.

    And dropping Yuna and Caro's Sq levels...that has no justifications whatsoever. That's a wrong tech call just on the veterans, plain and simple, not some relatively lower PCS than they used to get.

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,554
    Quote Originally Posted by vegarin View Post
    And dropping Yuna and Caro's Sq levels...that has no justifications whatsoever. That's a wrong tech call just on the veterans, plain and simple, not some relatively lower PCS than they used to get.
    Someone said Yuna admitted to losing levels on her SS. I haven't see her say it but a few people have mentioned it.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    267
    They were so desperate. They knew that Yu-na, Mao, and Caro were going to retire anyway, so it would be better to invest in the new upcoming skaters. I congratulate Adelina for her gold medal even though I personally think she should have received the bronze (It is not her fault at all. The judges are all to blame. Adelina performed the best she could), but in no way, for the thousandth time, is her PCS supposed to be greater than, or even close to, the veterans'.

    I am impressed by all the veterans' graciousness in defeat even though they know that the scores were rigged. Last year after 2013 worlds, Yu-na, Mao, and Caro were deemed as the big 3. They are still the big 3 in my eyes despite Adelina's win.

  6. #6
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by vegarin View Post
    Yuna and Mao were already going to retire, even if they didn't push them out of the door like this. Carolina will not be around too much longer, either, which is a good assumption to have. And this whole new blood theory -- I'm not sure if that explains why Zijun Li hasn't scored better or was not forgiven for all the UR and edge calls that Adelina and Julia were spared from in the same way, and I didn't see Osmond getting inflation on her PCS either. Before you say it's because they didn't perform as well as Adelina, let's not forget that Julia had total of three falls and still cleared ~200.

    And dropping Yuna and Caro's Sq levels...that has no justifications whatsoever. That's a wrong tech call just on the veterans, plain and simple, not some relatively lower PCS than they used to get.
    Yes of course Yulia's and Adelina's scores were inflated, but so was Gracie IMO. Maybe speculation, they see the future of figure skating in those 3 girls. However, as they will find out, stars are born not made. So them pushing those girls with scores they don't deserve will back fire. 15,16,17 Mao Asada and Kim Yuna did not start getting those big score until later in their careers. But, they became superstars for other reason not because they broke the 200 mark. No, people connected with them for different reasons.

  7. #7
    Custom Title verysmuchso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    192
    Well, they at least let one of them, Carolina,go out with a bang. Yuna was brutally used to make Adelina's victory all the more formidable. I really wonder how much foreknowledge, if any, Yuna had about how it would go down, that there will be blood. For that matter, did the savvy Japanese federation had no inkling that Mao was going to serve as a supporting actor in this Vodka-remake of A Star Is Born?

  8. #8
    Riveted vegarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Someone said Yuna admitted to losing levels on her SS. I haven't see her say it but a few people have mentioned it.
    No. I haven't heard a thing like that. She's still got the same deep edges. And that explains Caro's how? Or Adelina overscoring them both on CH? Please.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by verysmuchso View Post
    Well, they at least let one of them, Carolina,go out with a bang. Yuna was brutally used to make Adelina's victory all the more formidable. I really wonder how much foreknowledge, if any, Yuna had about how it would go down, that there will be blood. For that matter, did the savvy Japanese federation had no inkling that Mao was going to serve as a supporting actor in this Vodka-remake of A Star Is Born?
    The whole thing was about as real as a Kardashian reality show.

  10. #10
    Mashimaro on Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by verysmuchso View Post
    Well, they at least let one of them, Carolina,go out with a bang. Yuna was brutally used to make Adelina's victory all the more formidable. I really wonder how much foreknowledge, if any, Yuna had about how it would go down, that there will be blood. For that matter, did the savvy Japanese federation had no inkling that Mao was going to serve as a supporting actor in this Vodka-remake of A Star Is Born?
    Savvy? Lol JSF is really not that good at politicking for their skaters considering how much potential power they have as one of the biggest federations. They can't touch Canada or Russia in that aspect.

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    349
    If they can't go themselves, somebody need to push.

  12. #12
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    589
    Also, I think more than anything Mao, Caro and Yuna accomplish their goals IMO

    Carolina proved that she can put two flawless performances under pressure and she has the Olympic medal she so deserved.
    Yuna Kim proved that she still the Queen and legend. It will take a long time to match her period.
    Mao she had that skate she was looking for in the long program. I saw a couple of her interviews and she sounds and looks at peace with what happened.

  13. #13
    Riveted vegarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Yes of course Yulia's and Adelina's scores were inflated, but so was Gracie IMO. Maybe speculation, they see the future of figure skating in those 3 girls. However, as they will find out, stars are born not made. So them pushing those girls with scores they don't deserve will back fire. 15,16,17 Mao Asada and Kim Yuna did not start getting those big score until later in their careers. But, they became superstars for other reason not because they broke the 200 mark. No, people connected with them for different reasons.
    I agree with your theory generally, but if they were going to give boosts to the new stars, there were also other talents like Li and Osmond who have been also getting attention but not from Russia or US. They weren't even warranted a second glance. So this generosity and backing were exclusive to a few.

    And yeah, it's going to blackfire. If they can just discard the veterans of the sports who they have exploited for popularity of the sports for the last decade because it's useful to them, then of course they can do that again to Adelina or Julia or Gracie when it's convenient for them.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Also, I think more than anything Mao, Caro and Yuna accomplish their goals IMO

    Carolina proved that she can put two flawless performances under pressure and she has the Olympic medal she so deserved.
    Yuna Kim proved that she still the Queen and legend. It will take a long time to match her period.
    Mao she had that skate she was looking for in the long program. I saw a couple of her interviews and she sounds and looks at peace with what happened.
    Exactly and as I said in another thread greatness is never measured by title count in figure skating, which is 90% bogus and determine by corrupt judges and a corrupt ISU. Quality is what you are remembered for, and those three will be remembered as greats in the sport for years to come. The current young generation (Gold, Fraudnitkova, Lipnitskaya, Edmunds) are completely forgettable and always will be; and will probably make up an era people go home from events before the final event (ladies) even begins. Radianova is the only one who might spur some interest if she becomes the dominant skater and starts winning most of the big titles.

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Also, I think more than anything Mao, Caro and Yuna accomplish their goals IMO

    Carolina proved that she can put two flawless performances under pressure and she has the Olympic medal she so deserved.
    Yuna Kim proved that she still the Queen and legend. It will take a long time to match her period.
    Mao she had that skate she was looking for in the long program. I saw a couple of her interviews and she sounds and looks at peace with what happened.
    Great post!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •