Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are they wearing???

Custom Title

What are they wearing???

We have had a string of ladies wearing blue win the Olympics.

Tara 1998:

http://rocknrollghost.com/wp-content...10/10/1998.jpg

Sarah 2002 in a bluish lavender is close enough:

http://www.biography.com/imported/im...3201-1-402.jpg

Shizuka 2006:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s/oly_full.jpg

YuNa 2010:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nVancouver.jpg

So...who is wearing blue?

We know Julia is not. Gracie is, unless she makes a change. We don't know what Ashley's new costume is. What are Mao and Yuna wearing????

Rinkside
    Mao, Kanako and Gracie are wearing blue this season. Girls who wore red in the Olympics made mistakes in their free skates and Julia is wearing red this season.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    I'm in love with Julia's costume for how it fits the music. I would love to see Ashley turn up in a regal looking jewel tone, one that is not sapphire! I believe Yuna's is half black/half purple.

Custom Title
    Blue is the warmest color.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskatingfan100 View Post
    Mao, Kanako and Gracie are wearing blue this season. Girls who wore red in the Olympics made mistakes in their free skates and Julia is wearing red this season.
    Hmmm....

Red had its own wins with Katerina in both 84 & 88 and Dorothy in 1976.

Poesch in 1980 wore goldish/orangish dress. Similar color to Ashley's S&D dress last year.

Tripping on the Podium
    Think Yuna is wearing yellow for Send in the Clowns and black/brown for Adios Nonino unless she had a last minute costume change

Custom Title
    Yu na is wearing Olive green for clowns according to her designer. It looks yellow to me though.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Yu na is wearing Olive green for clowns according to her designer. It looks yellow to me though.
    Yeah, her designer might be color blind or something. That dress is clearly more yellow than olive green.

Quote Originally Posted by figureskatingfan100 View Post
    On the podium of 1972 Olympics, Trixi Schuba in navy blue was in the middle, Karen Magnussen in red with white maple leaves on her shoulders, and Janet Lynn in red were on her right and left.

I love Kanako's blue this season, so beautiful.

Custom Title
    Well, Julia is kind of compelled to wear red because of the character she is portraying. I don't think it will make much difference to the outcome of the ladies' final, do you? In any case, red is also the signature color of Russia. Isn't the word for "red" the same as or similar to the word for "beautiful" in Russian?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Well, Julia is kind of compelled to wear red because of the character she is portraying. I don't think it will make much difference to the outcome of the ladies' final, do you? In any case, red is also the signature color of Russia. Isn't the word for "red" the same as or similar to the word for "beautiful" in Russian?
    I totally agree that it is unlikely to make any difference. The thread was meant to be light hearted. Sorry that you misunderstood.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    I love Kanako's blue this season, so beautiful.
    It's lovely, plus I think she'll match the boards! Gracie's FS dress and Julia's SP dress both match the blue in the boards. I always thought it was really cool that Yu-Na's dress complemented the boards in Vancouver...Sasha Cohen's FS dress complemented the boards in Torino too.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    I think blue costumes are very pretty in general. a lot depends on the design and cut. The only color that bugs me is all white, because it makes the skater fade into the ice somehow. And as much as I love Yuna, the color of her short program dress is just rather putrid :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    I think blue costumes are very pretty in general. a lot depends on the design and cut. The only color that bugs me is all white, because it makes the skater fade into the ice somehow. And as much as I love Yuna, the color of her shot program dress is just rather putrid :(
    My mother is visually impaired. When we attended Nationals last year, she had a hard time seeing the girls wearing all white dresses. And we were in the second row.

How about ends with "a" sound...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast