Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tara and Johnny and Michelle and Olympic Coverage

Rinkside

Tara and Johnny and Michelle and Olympic Coverage

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mor...ia-roundtable/

The article is lengthy, but about halfway through the second page, Julie Stewart-Binks of FoxSports1 had some nice words for Michelle and her insights regarding competing in an Olympic games. A little further on in the article, there is praise for Tara and Johnny's coverage of the skating events.

Thanks for the post.

Who has been the most interesting athlete you have interviewed in Sochi and why?

Stewart-Binks: To be honest, it would have to be Michelle Kwan. She's obviously not competing at these Games, and she's working as an analyst for us at Fox Sports 1 (this is not a plug), but her stories from competing are mind-blowing. She's very honest and open about all the positive and negative experiences she's had with skating, her coaches, falling short of Olympic gold twice, pulling out of the Games in 2006, and growing up in the public eye. I am extremely surprised at how grounded she is. I sometimes forget she's the most decorated figure skater in America's history because it's so easy for us to talk. I can't imagine what it would be like to watch the Ladies free skate with her by my side.
    Michelle's segments for Fox Sports 1 were very professionally done. I wonder how many people saw them. Most are still up on YouTube.
    Last edited by Mathman; 02-17-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Thanks for the post.

Michelle's segments for Fox Sports 1 were very professionally done. I wonder how many people saw them. Most are still up on YouTube.
    Here is one with Frank Carroll. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub2ipyBXaK8

Very informative! Frank is so candid. And he and Michelle still love each other, clearly.

Banned
    i like johnny but tara wikipedia lipinski can leave bye

Rinkside
    I agree all of the segments on Fox Sports 1 are interesting and professionally done. The one with Frank Carroll is the best so far. I love that F C always credits Gracie's prior coach when he talks about her jumps and skating skills. He is such a class act.

Tripping on the Podium
    michelle is terrrrrrrrible. she always stumbles on her words and her sentences lead nowhere...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingJackson View Post
    michelle is terrrrrrrrible. she always stumbles on her words and her sentences lead nowhere...
    I thought she was fine. She added a lot to the interview because she worked with Frank for such a long time. At least she doesn't speak ungrammatically, like Tara ("be sure to watch Johnny and I," etc.).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperinflation View Post
    i like johnny but tara wikipedia lipinski can leave bye
    Ouch.

Custom Title
    We need to give Johnny Weir a special medal just for his wardrobe.

On the Ice
    Great to see Michelle interact with frank Carroll! But i thought she had fired him and their relationship was rocky after that. am I missing something here?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Seruleane View Post
    Great to see Michelle interact with frank Carroll! But i thought she had fired him and their relationship was rocky after that. am I missing something here?
    That was a long time ago and they have since reconciled. I am sure they are both grateful for what each gave the other.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingJackson View Post
    Nah, she's perfect. In this segment Michelle is not journalizing (is that what journalists do?) or commentating (what's the difference between commentating and commenting?) -- she is chatting with an old friend. And letting us listen in. Thank you, Michelle.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    For those that like the duo, apparently they'll be doing some commentary for the Oscars!

Article and Fashion: http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.co...scars-outfits/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebeautiful View Post
    For those that like the duo, apparently they'll be doing some commentary for the Oscars!

Article and Fashion: http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.co...scars-outfits/
    A friend of mine is media and covering the red carpet tomorrow. I can't wait until she gets to meet Johnny! (She maintains Kwan should have beaten TLip in 1998, that might be awkward.)

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    A friend of mine is media and covering the red carpet tomorrow. I can't wait until she gets to meet Johnny! (She maintains Kwan should have beaten TLip in 1998, that might be awkward.)
    That's exciting!!! Haha, I'm not a huge "Oscars" fan....But I'll be excited to see these two!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast