Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Time to apologise to Edmunds!

Matt K
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So much for that happening. In a very shocking and unexpected twist, Edmunds who has competed quite consistently last season and again this season, was again quite consistent at Olympics. Who would have thought? The fact that it was a senior competition didn't suddenly make her forget her choreography, freeze in terror and pop all her jumps.
    She was robbed of competing in the Team SP event, and thus, a bronze medal.

Custom Title
    I don't like how she telegraphs her jumps like crazy. She takes forever to land them too....it's just not pretty.

I personally don't like her skating, but I see potential.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    I don't like how she telegraphs her jumps like crazy. She takes forever to land them too....it's just not pretty.

I personally don't like her skating, but I see potential.
    Other skaters do the same thing like Carolina Kostner. Didn't hurt her career.

All the U.S. ladies did fine. Polina expected top ten, got ninth. Ashley had a chance for top six, got seventh. Gracie I thought would get fifth, she got fourth.

Tripping on the Podium
    why say apologize...she skate nice...she a future diamond...

I never thought she shouldn't go and she did skate well. She and Gracie will be a great thing for the US (well, they kinda already are, but more so) if things keep going as they are!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nycskate2014 View Post
    why say apologize...she skate nice...she a future diamond...
    I think people are suggesting that the Mirai psychos who wanted to boot her off the team in favour of Mirai ought to apologise...

But I reiterate my opinion: there are a lot of people who owe both Polina AND Ashley an apology.

I will admit I thought they should have put Nagasu on the team instead of Edmunds, but it was because I didn't think the Olympics was the right time for a 15-year-old skater to make her senior international debut.

Also, I don't think she should feel cheated out of a bronze medal. Having Ashley skate was the smart choice.

Matt K
    I am not trying to defend Edmunds. I don't like her either. But I think she earned her spot to compete at the Team Event along with Gold based on her Nationals performance. Wagner didn't have a really great skate at the Team Event (63.xx points) and no matter where Edmunds finished in the Team SP, Team USA would still have won a bronze medal.

I think USFSA thought they really had a good shot at a Gold medal or at least a Silver medal in the Team Event, which is why they put Wagner in the SP. But, even if Edmunds finished last in the Team SP it would not have affected the overall results at all.

Based on her Nationals performance, I think Edmunds earned a spot at the Team Event along with Gracie Gold.

Custom Title
    Polina is the future of American figure skating, along with Gracie.
    Polina showed very strong nerves as a competitor, and her techniques are superior. Every time I see her skate in the past year, she is doing better than her pervious performance.
    My only concern is how much taller she will get. She is now the same height as Gracie, and she will probably gets one inch or two in the future.

Rinkside
    I saw Polina skate at the 2011 Nationals in Greensboro. My friends and I noted then that there was something special about her even though she did not make the podium. Even then, she just had that "it" factor where you could not take your eyes off of her when she performed. I am delighted by her Sochi placement and really look forward to watching her career develop over the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
    I am not trying to defend Edmunds. I don't like her either. But I think she earned her spot to compete at the Team Event along with Gold based on her Nationals performance. Wagner didn't have a really great skate at the Team Event (63.xx points) and no matter where Edmunds finished in the Team SP, Team USA would still have won a bronze medal.

I think USFSA thought they really had a good shot at a Gold medal or at least a Silver medal in the Team Event, which is why they put Wagner in the SP. But, even if Edmunds finished last in the Team SP it would not have affected the overall results at all.

Based on her Nationals performance, I think Edmunds earned a spot at the Team Event along with Gracie Gold.
    No, that's not true. Ashley's 4th place finished ensured they would have finished in the top 5 so they be in the final and be in contention for a medal. Had Ashley (or Polina) done poorly the U.S. would have been in a lot of hurt, especially with Jeremy's poor SP.

If Polina/Ashley finished last (1 point), with all other results the same:

Russia: 37
    Canada: 33
    Japan: 24
    Italy: 23
    France 23:
    ---
    USA: 21
    China: 21

U.S. would have been out of the running for the final round and the medal.

That said, I don't think Polina would have have finished last.

And that said...

Congrats Polina on a steller senior international debut!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I think people are suggesting that the Mirai psychos who wanted to boot her off the team in favour of Mirai ought to apologise...

But I reiterate my opinion: there are a lot of people who owe both Polina AND Ashley an apology.
    And apologize for what. Wagner supporters said Wagner was entitled, had to be on the team, and didn't care if Edmunds or Nagasu was left home. Nagasu supporters said she should go as third, didn't care if Wagner was left off as 4th or Edmunds, who had zero senior international edperience, was left home. Edmnds supporters, as few as they were, said either 3rd Nagasu or 4th place Wagner should stay home., not 2nd place Edmunds. No one, not Wagner supporters, or Nagasu supporters said Edmunds couldn't skate or wouldn't perform in Sochi. And I, whom you consider a psycho, predicted on this forum Edmunds would finish 9th to 12th in Sochi, which Edmunds did, and further said she will be a great addition in the next quad, which she will be.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt K View Post

Team USA was hurt more by putting Abbott in the SP than by Wagner.

Custom Title
    She' shining on the Olympic icerink.

It was good experience to her.

Just Pray for stopping her growth...(No more!!)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast