Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lipnitskaia's coach blames Russian media for skater's disappointing singles performance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    why blame the media...blame the judges who gave her pressure by giving ridiculous scores.
    This is getting really old already. How about some compassion for a 15-year old who undeservedly has been stalked by the media.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    This is getting really old already. How about some compassion for a 15-year old who undeservedly has been stalked by the media.
    How about some compassion for skaters who were robbed of medals and higher placements because of the corrupt judging? Julia is a beneficiary of this scandal, not a victim.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Her coach sounds like a great mama bear type. Julia has a great head on her shoulders to allow herself to take the blame squarely on her shoulders. I hope she comes away from all of this stronger and can become the star she seems destined to be. She's got the fighter spirit that is missing from so much of ladies' figure skating. She's got great packaging.
    Agree, she is a very impressive young skater and her coach seems very protective of her- she seems to understand how hard Julia is on herself, she was giving her a lot of pep-talking in the kiss& cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Still as much scrutiny as she's most likely getting, I haven't seen her vilified like the rest of the world's media has vilified Adelina.
    While a lot of people on this board seem to believe her scores were inflated there is not really any disagreement that she didn't win and her medal is not really disputed. even though some think the Russians were overscored there isn't a lot of dispute that they won the team event.

Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post

Please, the subject of this matter was Lipnitskaia's Coach, not Yulia herself. Therefore, my comment refers to the coachs, not Yulia.

Custom Title
    To the extent media obsessed with her age (15) and her pose (leg spread), I'd agree. I thought that sensationalism was gross. And it gave me an opportunity to learn something about a few people around me, whose eyes were fixated at her crotch.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I translated a Russian article that said reporters were telling her they tracked down her dad who she had never met like one night before she returned to Sochi for the individual event. Her friggin dad left before she was born!
    An article I read said that state officials were ordered to locate her father. That has to be incredibly hard, considering if he did come around her she would (most likely) always have it in the back of her mind that he only decided to be around her to get her money and fame and not her.

Article here:http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...reer/35903.htm

Custom Title
    That's gross. I think Yulia has nerves of steel, similar to Yuna, but there is only so much anyone can take - especially at 15. Bugging, stalking, "evacuation" … if probably turned her into a nervous wreck. People come up with all sorts of mental strategies to deal with nervousness and anxiety. She was prepared to deal with the anxiety of competing, as evidenced by her record of consistency and her team event performance, but she wasn't prepared to deal with the rapid media onslaught. I think she'll adjust to the media pressure. At least I hope so because I personally find a lot to like in Lipnitskaya's skating and I think she'll eventually grow to earn her scores, and hopefully much more.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliasochi View Post
    How about some compassion for skaters who were robbed of medals and higher placements because of the corrupt judging? Julia is a beneficiary of this scandal, not a victim.
    Stop spreading nonsense. Julia deserved team gold and didn't medal in individual event.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Stop spreading nonsense. Julia deserved team gold and didn't medal in individual event.
    Her undeserved placement in individual event robbed several skaters below her from achieving higher rankings. This is just fact.

Medalist
    Julia benefited from that media hype. She went from getting 7 and 8 to 9 and 10's her spins are fast though her jumps are tiny and she never she called for flutes.She got positive GOE on her Axel and higher GOE than Gracie in what world are here jumps are better than Gracie.All b/c all that media hype.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Golden Skate Forum just got a lot better!!! Should I now remove the poster who got banned from my ignore list? GS MODS

Banned
    Her undeserved placement in individual event robbed several skaters below her from achieving higher rankings. This is just fact.
    Flattfan ?

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Flattfan ?

Custom Title
    It means nothing. You could place higher, but still go home without medal.

Banned
    this wasnt meant to be she was tired and local media were hogging even in her practice time
    anyways she will come stronger after this and develop artistically more

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast