Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: Lipnitskaia's coach blames Russian media for skater's disappointing singles performance

  1. #31
    Custom Title chapis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    México
    Posts
    809
    The fault is of her coach. Really she did not know that Julia would be getting all the atention?, ridiculous, almost two weeks between team And individual event, enough time in the peak of the olympics for Julia getting all the atention not only from Russia but all world. Julia is only 15 years old, the outcome was sooooooo obvious, so I blame to her coach, she could to say Julia skated only sp or lp or nothing in the team event.

  2. #32
    Custom Title chapis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    México
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    Poor Julia. She didn't deserve all this scrutiny.

    It makes Adelina's skating even more amazing even if I disagree with her being first.
    Did not you said yesterday that you are done with figure skating?

  3. #33
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    The fault is of her coach. Really she did not know that Julia would be getting all the atention?, ridiculous, almost two weeks between team And individual event, enough time in the peak of the olympics for Julia getting all the atention not only from Russia but all world. Julia is only 15 years old, the outcome was sooooooo obvious, so I blame to her coach, she could to say Julia skated only sp or lp or nothing in the team event.
    I agree to some extent with you. I think most people thought Yulia was unfazable if you will, and Eteri must have been in the same boat. Yulia's mom was quoted saying before the olympics she had never seen her cry before and that she was like a bear they were teaching to dance on ice. The good/worst thing of this whole thing is Yulia may have lost a big part of her identity as a skater. Her mental fortitude was shaken and even her haters admired that in her. I say good/worst because while it's bad for her to lose her identity it may be in her best interest to redifine herself and skate a more refined skate and get those SS down and forcus on those edges. I for one am hoping she comes back stronger than ever but that has always kind of been her thing.

  4. #34
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,330
    ^ Your avatar.

  5. #35
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    59
    First of all, the media seems to be crap in every country, something the US and russia can commiserate over together. Second, considering how much Yuna and Mao have dealt with their profile in their respective countries, this only makes me even more in awe of Yuna at least (sorry Mao), because she carried the weight of her entire (rabid) nation. Talk about performing under pressure, not once, but TWICE! The reason Yuna didn't win was not because she didn't deliver, she delivered both times. Nerves of steel. Yes, Yulia is young and clearly the pressure got to her, but has she skated clean other than at the olympics team event? Did she skate clean in russian nationals? I have no idea. So I am not sure if it's just the media in Yulia's case.

  6. #36
    Custom Title hurrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Sure, mass media is a nightmare, but bugging is a crime!! The Russian media is... as bad as the US Federal government, actually.

  7. #37
    One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Any Other World
    Posts
    864
    Adelina is 17 and over the moon for winning. In the end I think it didn't matter who won, Julia or Adelina, they wanted that gold. It was really smart to focus the attention on Julia, whose coach is now critizising their media. I think Julia should be very glad, she has a Gold medal, and it was her performances that helped to secure it! Now the individual event reminds me a bit of CoR and it seems like she lost her cool. Cue in Adelina who has a history of faulty skates under pressure. She is on nobodys radar (aside from those who follow fs, of course) and there are no headlines about her. She goes in with no pressure at all and wins it. Russia played that one really smart. It didn't matter to them who won. Just that she was Russian. (I'm almost sure Plushenko would've won, too, if he had skated) I just hope that they realize that they might've really hurt Julia in the progress. But...nah, I don't think they care at all and she also has her gold.

  8. #38
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25
    Lame excuse. Lipnitskaia's only 15: she still can do better in Pyong-chang with an adequate mind set and a nourish palmarès (if she survives the growing pains, of course).

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    277
    The blame is on the judges not the media: they could have given her 80 in short; they could have seen the fall as part of chero, expressing tragic move, and thus given her a row of +3 with 40 in PCS. they could have given her 160 in free. Just leave the poor media out.

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    340
    Watched her the Olympic Gala. She is incredible! The Russian media crushed her at the Olympics but she will recover stronger than she was before.

  11. #41
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by usethis2 View Post
    If anything the media helped her boosting the momentum. Had she stayed on her feet, she would have been on podium. Just look at the freaking score (200+!!??!!??!!??) she received after the disastrous and flawed two programs. If anything she should thank the media and her federation because there is no way she would receive that score and get ranked at 5th. More like 15th is appropriate.

    I want to go back and read the pre-event posts here just for fun to see who was promoting Yulia as a gold contender against Kim. Shameless folks.
    Her score was 200.XX points, which of course she got because her previous bests result in a total score of 211 points. Here she had mistakes that cost her 5 points in the long and 6 points in the long. Her score was perfectly well-deserved

  12. #42
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by ingofan1 View Post
    Julia benefited from that media hype. She went from getting 7 and 8 to 9 and 10's her spins are fast though her jumps are tiny and she never she called for flutes.She got positive GOE on her Axel and higher GOE than Gracie in what world are here jumps are better than Gracie.All b/c all that media hype.
    She has never received any tens, and achieved 200 points when her previous best was 211 points. Gracie went up seven points with a fall, Carolina went up 18 points from her previous best and Adelina went up 22 points from her previous best, those are the results that are fishy (Adelina's) not Yulia's.

  13. #43
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabel_O'Reilly View Post
    She has never received any tens, and achieved 200 points when her previous best was 211 points. Gracie went up seven points with a fall, Carolina went up 18 points from her previous best and Adelina went up 22 points from her previous best, those are the results that are fishy (Adelina's) not Yulia's.
    Adelina didn't get any 10s either. Kostner and Kim did not Adelina. Adelina hit over 200 points at Euros. IF Adelina got the PCS she got at Euros in the free, she still would have won here.

    In order for her to have LOST, she would have had to have had the lowest pcs in the final group. Do you really think that's appropriate? Lower than Yulia's. And you realize that internationally Adelina was getting higher pcs than Yulia all year. Even at Euros in the free when Yulia went clean and Adelina didn't. Even when Adelina had a really bad free at the GPF.

    One of the reason's Adelina's scores shut up was because she went pretty much with the minor two foot at double jump clean here. With a 3/3 something she hasn't done since she was a Junior. Technically she skated her best ever.

    Once again, why is Kostner going up over 18 points fine on her personal best but its not okay for Adelina to be up by 18. That's a pretty double standard. Seeing as both Adelina and Kostner had similar consistency issues.

  14. #44
    Custom Title hurrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Technically she skated her best ever.
    Yeah, so did Mao.... Technically, she skated her own personal best, and she also skated the best program in the history of figure skating ever... and her PCS was...

  15. #45
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Yeah, so did Mao.... Technically, she skated her own personal best, and she also skated the best program in the history of figure skating ever... and her PCS was...
    Once again, I don't know why Adelina's getting singled out on this Mao was hurt because she skated in an earlier group. Jason Brown had higher PCS then Denis Ten. You can argue its unfair, but its got nothing to do with Adelina.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •