Say Something Nice- Olympic Style | Golden Skate

Say Something Nice- Olympic Style

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think we need a return to the say something nice thread.

The only rule is that you say something that is, in fact, nice, and not in a passive aggressive way. No negativity here. Bonus points if it is about a skater or team you've generally been complaining about but at this point I guess just do what you can, all.

My beginning contribution:

Carolina Kostner skated 2 beautiful programs. I have never seen her skate with such nerves of steel or, in her SP, with such joy.

Ashley Wager's Samson and Delia program was skated with great energy and IMO better than she's ever skated Romeo and Juliet. I think she made a good choice switching.

I will always remember Mao Asada's beautiful long program.

DaveT

On the Ice
And to me Carolina was such a surprise to me. So unexpected. Made it all the better. She has 2 performances to be proud of and that many will revisit. :)

Mao's LP was probably the most epic comeback I can recall. Such redemption for her.

jimmybean

Spectator
I also think that it was unfair, but like tulosai stated this is a "Say Something Nice- Olympic Style" thread so please don't :p

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Yuna, Mao and Carolina's flawless programs >>>>

All three are Olympics Gold medal performances. (The only 3 from that night)

millie

Medalist
So happy for the Canadian skaters especially for our home girl Kaetlyn Osmond...she made us proud. Congratulations to all the skaters medals or no medals.....great job.

mintx

On the Ice
Jason's over the top enthusiasm for all things Olympic.
Carolina's FS was beautiful, she just floated.
Johnny and Tara bringing a fresh take to commentating.
More medals for more skaters in the team event.
Jeremy's long program, it was nice to see him stay on his feet and be pleased with himself.

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
Not a single fall in the ice dancing competition.

moviechick

On the Ice
All three ladies on the podium gave good performances in both SP and FS. That's pretty impressive.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
All three ladies on the podium gave good performances in both SP and FS. That's pretty impressive.

:rock:

Anna and Luca were so enjoyable. I'm glad they could have such great skates at the Olys.

Mao's LP was inspiring. She should be proud of herself with that comeback.

Scott and Sandra, to me, were dressed far better than the other "dynamic commentary duo" for the US coverage. They should get props for staying classic.

Julia made me a fan - not during the Team event, but her individual. It didn't go her way, but she didn't throw in the towel, either. She fought, and she got angry with how she skated, and she hopefully will get over it and continue to grow as an athlete, competitor, and hopefully artist. She's got the foundation, now it's time to build towards 2018 (should fans and media allow her to).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yulia spectacular in Teams.
Carolina hugging Adelina after Adelina's win.

Scott Moir leading Team Canton group hug -- shared among Virtue/Moir, Davis/White, and their coaches -- after the flower ceremony.

skateluver

Rinkside
Best Olympic moments:
Mao's long program. Best ever.
Jeremy finishing his short program after that horrible fall.
Yuzu's short program.
Yuna's short and long programs.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I'm happy that the champions who are going to retire this season performed at their highest level.
Yuna and Mao both shined at the FS.
Even if the scores should have been higher for them, Pang/Tong and Daisuke brought on ice the same emotions and elegance as always.
And most important for me, I could enjoy the performances of Tessa and Scott for the last time. As I also appreciate D/W, I want to say goodbye to the most beautiful rivalry in figure skating. Ice dance won't be the same without V/M and D/W, who brought this sport to another level.
+Yuzu OGM *stupid fan face* :biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I never watched Ice Dance much but C/L impressed me. Anna just seems to command attention. She might be the one leading:biggrin:

Yulia puting on the ball cap!

Johnny explaining that there should be a light flurry of snow instead of a blizzard when explaing underrotated jumps.

I liked the team event with all the pics of skaters skating with the teams in the background

Seeing all the skaters having fun backstage before or after the Gala.

Caro medaling

watching FS two times a day

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Carolina's perfomances and medaling

Mao's free skate, Yuna's dignity

Denis Ten 's free skate & medaling

Meryl & Charlie's OGM, three fine US dance teams

Virtue & Moir skating well (I like both D/W & V/M)

All three US ladies finishing in the top ten

Jason Brown's exuberance @ being @ the Olympics

NBC Sports Network showing every competitor in their coverage, with Terry Gannon as part of the commentating team

Charming performances from Capellini & Lanotte, Nathalie & Fabian

Misha Ge - so entertaining!

Akiko finishing in the top ten

Valentina Marchei's skating

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason's crazy excitement made everything so wonderful.

Brooklee Han AND Dani and Greg making the FS/FD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

koheikun90

On the Ice
Michael Christian Martinez becoming the first skater from Philippines to compete at the Olympics. The media coverage and support in his home country was amazing. If he has continued success, I could see him bringing awareness and popularity to skating to a new market just like how Yuna did for Korea.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_9gmdzftcYs
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sMrSqzeHhpU
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=33tyIIjH1N
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iegrnxoiwEg

I wish I could give him the $$$ hes needs for his training. He has everything to become a star.

Mafke

Medalist
Some Gricean comments,

A number of figure skating competitions were held.

Many countries were represented.

More medals were awarded in figure skating than ever before.

Some medalists had won medals before, while others won for the first time.