How will Sotnikova be viewed should she stumble going forward? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

How will Sotnikova be viewed should she stumble going forward?

spikydurian

Medalist
A lot of pressure will be on Sotnikova to prove that her win is no fluke, she must continue to dominate post Sochi.

att

Rinkside
If she somehow stumble I hope her federation won't turn their back on her...Russia have so many great young skater I'm afraid if she won't be able to live up to all this hype her federation will just ignore her..As much as I am Yuna fans I'll be sad seeing such great talent gone to waste..Pressure or not she has a great future ahead..I cannot wait to see her going head to head with Yulia and Gracie..

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
If she somehow stumble I hope her federation won't turn their back on her...

Giving the raging controversy that will always follow her post Sochi that would actally be the smartest thing for the federation to do if she falters in the least from here. As you said they arent short of options, so best to do their best to sweep the sordid affairs of Sochi under the rug as much as they can moving forward.

att

Rinkside
Giving the raging controversy that will always follow her post Sochi that would actally be the smartest thing for the federation to do if she falters in the least from here. As you said they arent short of options, so best to do their best to sweep the sordid affairs of Sochi under the rug as much as they can moving forward.

One thing for sure this OGM will either break her or make her.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
If she somehow stumble I hope her federation won't turn their back on her...Russia have so many great young skater I'm afraid if she won't be able to live up to all this hype her federation will just ignore her.

I doubt it. She has been wildly inconsistent yet still manages to medal most of the time. I don't think she all of a sudden is going to start skating clean just because she had two great skates in Sochi, and I doubt anyone in the Russian Federation believese she will either. However, she has been the face of Russian skating for 5 years and she brought home the big prize they expected her to, so I think they will stand by her long term.

Icey

Record Breaker
as a lucky girl whose stars were all properly aligned at that particular moment