Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Did the judges overscore Kostner and Sotnikova?

Custom Title

Did the judges overscore Kostner and Sotnikova?

The fact that they are both so close to Kim Yu-Na and 6 points ahead of Gracie is very surprising. I frankly think the spread between these two and Gracie and Kim Yu-Na and these two should be 2 or 3 points, but not 6.

Custom Title
    Kostner: No
    Sotnikova: Yes, on the PCS

On the Ice
    I felt Kostner was properly scored, but Sotnikova seemed to be pretty over scored to me. It didn't have that same graceful quality that Kim and Kostner had.

Custom Title
    I'll make my intentions clear: i'm rooting for Gracie to win a medal. No denying that. However, the placements are correct. My issue is the margin. All i'm asking for is that if Gracie hits a clean free skate that she can get on the podium, but can she make up 6 points?

Custom Title
    The good thing for Gracie is that she skates after the two women she is trying to catch. If she nails a 7 triple LP and the two ahead of her falter she can easily make up the difference. If Adelina and Caro do six triples clean it will be tough though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    The good thing for Gracie is that she skates after the two women she is trying to catch. If she nails a 7 triple LP and the two ahead of her falter she can easily make up the difference. If Adelina and Caro do six triples clean it will be tough though.
    Yes, her position in regards to the skate order is perfect. I hope she can pull it off if Koster and/or Sotnikova open the door for her.

I think that the marks were actually fair (except for Lipnitskaya's )... As I said in the SP thread, the only thing that makes me curious is the step sequence level... To me it looks like the technical panel absolutely wanted one of the Russian girls up there with the big girls, and so magically gave a level 3 to both Yu-Na and Caro, and then some minutes later a level 4 to Sotnikova

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by ANW View Post
    This.

(Well, Kostner's GOE for her layback was way too high but otherwise no complaints)

Quote Originally Posted by ANW View Post
    Agreed. I also think Lipnitskaya was overscored, I would have had her behind Wagner.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by BravesSkateFan View Post
    Agreed. I also think Lipnitskaya was overscored, I would have had her behind Wagner.
    I totallly agree with you on this. I also think Kostner should have been higher than Sotnikova.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    I also think Kostner should have been higher than Sotnikova.
    For sure. Kostner did a more difficult combination and while both had lovely jumps, Sotnikova's components just weren't as fluid or graceful. Don't understand how she's ahead of Kostner, but at least it's only by .5 of a point or so.

Custom Title
    I'm a fan of both but I'd say Adelina was over scored and Kostner was not.

~high art~
    yes

No to Kostner. She deserved every one of those PCS marks. Her program was transcendent. And she brought the content, to boot! To quote one of my faves:

jasonbskates 11:00am via Twitter for iPhone
    Too entranced to take a pic of Carolina's performance! She was mesmerizing...into a crazy close second!!!! So deserved!!!

As I said in the Ladies thread, Adelina did a great job and deserved her placement, but her PCS should not match Yuna's and her +GOE was a tad high. I think 70-72 would have been more reasonable.

Custom Title
    well I have a feeling the Asian dominance of last cycle is near its end, we probably have to wait till tomorrow to be sure but I do think the tide has turned.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast