Will Kim Yu-na be remembered more for her artistry or for technical abilities? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Will Kim Yu-na be remembered more for her artistry or for technical abilities?

figurejennah

On the Ice
Two possible outcomes of her talking BS about Yuna: Either she won't be called back to commentate anymore or she will become someone everyone loves to hate and NBC will love her for that. Any publicity is good publicity.

Really really annoying to see her on tv though. She acts like she's better than everyone and criticizes them like crazy...

sk8in

Match Penalty
I think Yuna makes the case for how athletic ability translated into artistic skating. She actually has been criticized for being reserved and distance seeming in her performances. But her lines are so controlled, and her jumping is so majestic, that it just looks more beautiful than other skaters'. Carolina Kostner has the same/arguably better qualities. People talk about the artistic aspect of skating like an amorphous thing. Like it is just all driven by personality. But smoothness in all a skaters' elements is developed through conditioning. On one hand you have Michelle Kwan, who really emoted through her performances in a unique way. On the other you have skating technique which is just more refined.

figurejennah

On the Ice
I think Yuna makes the case for how athletic ability translated into artistic skating. She actually has been criticized for being reserved and distance seeming in her performances. But her lines are so controlled, and her jumping is so majestic, that it just looks more beautiful than other skaters'. Carolina Kostner has the same/arguably better qualities. People talk about the artistic aspect of skating like an amorphous thing. Like it is just all driven by personality. But smoothness in all a skaters' elements is developed through conditioning. On one hand you have Michelle Kwan, who really emoted through her performances in a unique way. On the other you have skating technique which is just more refined.

I think it's her music choice, too. Her Adios nonino version has a more modern almost jazz like feel to it. Had the music been more energetic and dramatic, I don't think people could have said that she lost that "fire" element.
I saw Yuna's performance that someone recorded and posted on youtube, and she's literally flying around and covering entire ice with some serious speed...