Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Who Will Be Dominating Men's Figure Skating?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I'd like to do it by country....namely contenders....

    Japan
    Yuzuru Hanyu
    Shotaro Uno
    Tatsuki Machida (if he stays)

    USA
    Jason Brown
    Max Aaron
    Joshua Farris
    Nathan Chen
    Vincent Zhou

    Russia
    Maxim Kovtun
    Adian Pitkeev
    Alexander Petrov

    China
    Han Yan
    Boyang Jin

    Kazakhstan
    Denis Ten

    Spain
    Javier Fernandez

    I'm sure there are others we don't even know about yet...
    I take it you are assuming Chan wont stay (probably right) but if you are doing such an extensive list wouldnt Reynolds, Firus, and Nguyen all be potential long shot contenders. You gave enough names I assume some of those are long shots as well.

  2. #32
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,073
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I take it you are assuming Chan wont stay (probably right) but if you are doing such an extensive list wouldnt Reynolds, Firus, and Nguyen all be potential long shot contenders. You gave enough names I assume some of those are long shots as well.
    Oh, I had a Canada list...but somehow it disappeared when I actually posted..

  3. #33
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,716
    About the potential injuries, this extract from a recent Plushy interview might be relevant:

    Evgeni Plushenko: --- The reason why I had so many injuries and surgeries is that in my time we had no doctors, rehabilitation or proper understanding of these issues. We only trained hard and had no rehabilitation whatsoever. Now I see it all and if my kids will have doctors, rehab programs, massages, saunas, pools, they can have a very long career in sports and minimize the traumas.

    HealthyLivinG Magazine: I suppose athletes from developed countries might have had better conditions but none lived in sport as a top achiever as long as you.

    Evgeni Plushenko: I don’t really know their conditions. Today we have everything. I am very pleased how the sport ministry takes care of us these days: we have doctors, rehab programs, pools—everything we need. Unfortunately, this wasn’t the case for most of the time I trained. If I had these earlier, many of my injuries and surgeries would have been prevented.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Oh, I had a Canada list...but somehow it disappeared when I actually posted..
    BTW regarding Machida he has already said he is going to the 2014 and 2015 Worlds then retiring. Chan I am pretty sure would atleast be taking a break, but could see him making a comeback later in the quad. I sense he wont though as he will get too comfortable on his time away from the sport, and probably doesnt have this craved obsession that Plushenko has (which is a good thing).

  5. #35
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,073
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    BTW regarding Machida he has already said he is going to the 2014 and 2015 Worlds then retiring. Chan I am pretty sure would atleast be taking a break, but could see him making a comeback later in the quad. I sense he wont though as he will get too comfortable on his time away from the sport, and probably doesnt have this craved obsession that Plushenko has (which is a good thing).
    Oh that's right about Machida. Thanks for the info.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •