Closing Ceremony

will be live showed just like opening
    some figure skaters will be flag bearers like Maxim Trankov

Banned

Tripping on the Podium
    yes they show last medal ceremony and then the singing

Custom Title
    I'm "Gifted but Modest" (hint-hint) on FSU
    Partly watched a BBC stream without commentary. Was mostly on my tablet. Would like to see the beautiful fairy-tale/classical music section again on a bigger screen, but unless there's a replay to view on my PC, I'd have to sit thru NBC telling me "This is Rach, this is Scheherezade" etc.

The little segment on South Korea was OK too. Rest of it was the typical closing stuff: Wasn't this a great games? (well, to me, no), long speech by IOC guy etc. Glad I don't have to look at Putin's face almost daily anymore.

Dang Russia knows how to do a Closing Ceremony. I throughly enjoyed it! Thank you Russia!

Tripping on the Podium
    "Glad I don't have to look at Putin's face almost daily anymore"

Me as well...that's why I left Russia two ago years...never going back

Beautiful, beautiful ceremony, I loved it !!, and the bear was soooooo cute!!!

Custom Title
    Looved it! It is rare that I truly enjoy closing ceremonies but this one was on the same level as the opening ceremony! Had a shed of tear with the bear, it was soo cute. And, of course, ballet, classical music, circus...well, everything!

(loved the beginning of korean part, but towards the end it looked sloppy...)

On the Ice
    On NBC they just showed Jason Brown and Polina Edmund's dancing in front of the camera. http://giphy.com/gifs/cEYFeDy1ncQnlRIoEGk

Custom Title
    I knew that the thing I'd enjoy most about the ceremonies here would be the music and the references to the various other creative and performing arts. Russia has one of the richest cultural traditions of all. The closing ceremony is doing a great job of showing that tradition.

Edit: I just love that floating steampunk air-boat!

Custom Title
    I give Russia a lot of credit - they have done 2 captivating ceremonies - good luck to the countries that have to follow.

Custom Title
    On American TV they usually have a quick retrospective video montage after the end of the ceremonies, with some beautiful slow-motion footage of the various sports, and I always wait for that. It makes you realize, especially in the winter sports where so many athletes end up airborne, that there is artistry inherent in many sports, not just in skating. Look at snowboarding halfpipe, for example, or ski jumping. As an old American pop song says, poetry in motion.

My only regret this year is that they didn't do the montage to music from the last movement of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. But it was still exhilarating.

Custom Title
    Agree, opening and closing ceremonies were well done, well planned, both spectacular and tasteful. Usually winter games are nowhere near as good as summer games in this respect, but russian had openings/closing ceremonies to rival any summer games.

Medalist
    Watching on DVR now. Huge props to the producers for having a sense of humor with the ring that didn't open reference.

I thought both opening and closing was quite lovely. Other than the problems caused by weather, they mostly seemed to do a nice job with venues and overall, I think they did a nice job hosting the games.

Custom Title
    Do you guys know where I can see the full ceremony? CBC online version is all just cuts and advertising ;(

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast