Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Closing Ceremony

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    I agree that the closing was great. It seemed to have been more tightly choreographed, and the ring "malfunction" self-parody was a stroke of genius. Good that everyone had a laugh, much like the Vancouver closing when the fourth leg had a "do-over". I was at the Vancouver closing in person and cried when Neil Young played as the flame was being extinguished. It's one of my happiest memories in life.

But I think every single Olympic opening ceremony paled in comparison to Beijing 2008, and every closing to Sydney 2000. But that's just me.
    I never saw Beijing ceremony tbh, but I've heard that it was beautiful.
    However, I was referring to the winter olympics ceremony only. I think summer olimpics ceremonies can't be compare with those of winter, two different things completely.
    I might be wrong because I know nothing about these things, but I think that for summer ceremonies you have more options in terms of choreography, scenography etc.? I don't know, just my thoughts.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I never saw Beijing ceremony tbh, but I've heard that it was beautiful.
    However, I was referring to the winter olympics ceremony only. I think summer olimpics ceremonies can't be compare with those of winter, two different things completely.
    I might be wrong because I know nothing about these things, but I think that for summer ceremonies you have more options in terms of choreography, scenography etc.? I don't know, just my thoughts.
    Ah, understood.

Well if we're comparing winter-to-winter ceremonies, I personally loved the Torino and Vancouver ones for opening, and Sochi for closing. And I'm sure the summer ones likely had bigger budgets to play with, and that's likely the difference.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    They started at TEN EUROS? Impressive! Silly question: why not Rubles? Or did they accept other currencies as well like US$?

That's cheaper than me trying to get cheapo last minute tix for Vancouver events. I ended up at the speed skating one day and didn't want to pony up $100 for last minute seats for the men's finals, although since Shani Davis won that day I'm kicking myself for being too cheap. :P
    I wonder if it was possible to do day trips to other countries around there. I know it's sort of dangerous in parts.
    The price was in rubles firsly , I just mentioned it on euros. I dont think they accepted other currencies but everything related with Olympics could be paid with Visa card, even a bottle of water. The country close to Sochi is Geaorgia, I dont know if it would have been wise, I dont even know if you didnt need a reentrance Visa after for Russia. Many people I know flew to St Peters and Moscow between events.
    I wanted to see speed skating too and Grand Slalom but these were also expensive and also I saw 5 figure skating events in 6 days so my week was packed. But i regret I didnt see more sports i cannot see anywhere else.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4