Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: How many members of The Edge actually skate?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    thank God for that... 25 years of being a fanatic about this sport and I still can't call the jumps correctly
    LOL you're not the only one. I can tell a loop, an axel (duh!), and lutz, but I never can tell the difference between a salchow and a flip when I see it. That's when, "Did you see that [mumble} jump? Incredible!" comes in handy! LOL!

Tripping on the Podium figureskateobasan's Avatar
    my first post here! nice to see many people actually skate here.

I come from southeast Asia country where winter sports are not appreciated, sadly. When I was in elementary school, we use to have one ice rink inside a shopping mall but it closed down after 3-4 years.
    My childhood friend was a competitive skater and I always envy when she could skate backwards while teaching people who can't skate.

I didn't know that winter Olympic exist until 2010 (since I moved to Australia) and thanks to Mao, I fall in love with figure skate instantly

and now I live in Japan, it's like a MUST to be fan of FS here. but I still can't differentiate jumps and all....

Custom Title
    Welcome to GS, figureskateobasan!

Lucky you, to live in Japan, which is such a center of skating right now. I hope you get to see a lot of live performances.

Tripping on the Podium figureskateobasan's Avatar
    Thank you Olympia!

I applied for The Ice in Osaka (yes, we need to ballot) on July.
    The result will be out next week! hopefully I can get it *cross-fingers*

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5