Documentary "Nancy/Tonya" | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Documentary "Nancy/Tonya"

I could see her as an auto racer. Look, she has to earn a living. You have to hand it to her: she tries everything, and she doesn't just sit back and take handouts. She also seems pretty self-sufficient when it comes to life skills. I couldn't take care of myself in some rural setting the way she seems to do. I wish her well.

Edited: I think she also was a boxer for awhile.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I could see her as an auto racer. Look, she has to earn a living. You have to hand it to her: she tries everything, and she doesn't just sit back and take handouts. She also seems pretty self-sufficient when it comes to life skills. I couldn't take care of myself in some rural setting the way she seems to do. I wish her well.

Edited: I think she also was a boxer for awhile.

Yup, she was a boxer, and I think she did fairly well for herself there.

And I have to say if nothing else, she has learned how to survive and get back up. She may still be the subject of jokes and derision, but the girl is if nothing else a fighter. I have friends in Portland who have watched her for years and said the same thing. That is one of the reasons why we still talk about her: she remains a compelling figure.

I gotta say the single funniest moment in the documentary was the first shot of Tonya, at a karaoke bar, singing the love theme to Ice Castles. A bit too on the nose, don't you think?

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Those two were both a hot mess but didn't Lloyd center look good...hope to go skating there this weekend.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Didn't Tonya trained at Clackamas Town Center? That rink was closed back in 03 though. Lloyd is the better mall anyway.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Didn't Tonya trained at Clackamas Town Center? That rink was closed back in 03 though. Lloyd is the better mall anyway.

Yup! That's the one! I tried visiting it looking for the rink and asking "where's the place Tonya trained?" and was very, very sad to be told that it was closed. :(

Scott512

Record Breaker
I was glad Nancy finally opened up about the whole thing. I always understood why she thought Tonya was involved in the whole plot. I believe it too. Nancy has done great since 94 and I'm pleasantly surprised Harding has found herself and has a child.