Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hawayek & Baker debut senior season

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters

Hawayek & Baker debut senior season

These two need a thread of their own! They just won junior world's and are moving up to senior's!!! Plus, I'm super excited for their senior debut, because I loved their FD this past year to Amelie!

2013/2014 FD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMAvek_tx-M
    2013/2014 SD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB10B7wJ-Z4
    2014 Smucker's Special: Exhibition to "Dreaming with a Broken Heart:" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGh-XVPMx4o

For their senior debut GP assignments, they have Rostelecom and NHK! I hope I'm not alone in my excitement for them.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    They do need a thread. Btw, they both have a twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebeautiful View Post
    These two need a thread of their own! They just won junior world's and are moving up to senior's!!! Plus, I'm super excited for their senior debut, because I loved their FD this past year to Amelie!

2013/2014 FD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMAvek_tx-M
    2013/2014 SD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB10B7wJ-Z4
    2014 Smucker's Special: Exhibition to "Dreaming with a Broken Heart:" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGh-XVPMx4o

For their senior debut GP assignments, they have Rostelecom and NHK! I hope I'm not alone in my excitement for them.
    You're definitely not! Besides W/P, I'm most excited about this young couple!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    You're definitely not! Besides W/P, I'm most excited about this young couple!
    Yay!!! *squeals* Ohmygoodness, me too!!! I love both W/P and H/B ~ So excited to see what they choose for programs.

Also, I posted the Smucker's special because of the lifts in it...they're so good for being so young and rather newly paired.

And yes, doris - they both have twitters and instagrams.

Yay!!! *squeals* Ohmygoodness, me too!!! I love both W/P and H/B ~ So excited to see what they choose for programs.

Also, I posted the Smucker's special because of the lifts in it...they're so good for being so young and rather newly paired.

And yes, doris - they both have twitters and instagrams.
    Might be that it's going to be another 4 years of NA domination in ice dance - with all the drama in Russia and everything

My prediction for Olys 2018: Gold for W/P, silver for H/B and bronze for (I really want this for them) Hurtado/Diaz! In the mean time, Worlds podiums will be a mixture of C/L, W/P, H/B and G/P

http://www.icenetwork.com/fans/skati...eaders-choice/

You might want to vote for Kaitlyn & Jean-Luc for the reader's choice award

You can vote as many times as you want. You do not have to be logged into icenetwork to watch any of the videos from the 2014 US Figure skating championships either. Meryl & Charlie's FD is shown...without commentary, including the slo mo, and the K n C. Jason Brown's is his Prince SP. Kaitlyn & Jean Luc's is their kick-*** Quickstep/Foxtrot SD from Jr. Worlds.

I had to do right click and open in a new tab to get them to play.

I doubt they play on mobile devices, because IN has it's vids in Adobe Flashplayer, but still it's nice to watch all those programs without having to sign up. Some are LPs (D&W) some are SP's (Jason Brown) so until you watch you won't know which to expect.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 06-30-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    http://www.icenetwork.com/fans/skati...eaders-choice/

You might want to vote for Kaitlyn & Jean-Luc for the reader's choice award
    Thanks doris!!! I voted for them earlier today; and I'll have to vote more now! Their programs from this year were fantastic - loved them both!

TMC: Shut the front door! Right now, a dream 2018 podium for me includes W/P and H/B too!!! I'm less devoted to who I want the third team on the podium to be... But it would be awesome if H/B made the podium and then shot for gold in 2022! (Which is a far way out. - I know a lot could happen. But, this is a dream as of now, hehe.) I didn't realize how much we have in common when it comes to our preferred ice dancers. I could talk about these two teams all day. I hope that over this year and the quad that they pick up more fans because they're fabulous!
    ~ Also, I sort of <3 the friendship that W/P and H/B appear to have. I think this quad may be a great one for DSC and Camerlengo and Krylova!

Tripping on the Podium
    Thanks snowflakebeautiful for posting their exhibition. I hadn't seen it before now! I don't follow juniors but was bored and watched their Amelie free dance the other day and was just smitten. Those edges, especially on Jean-Luc, and the lift when she's balancing with her hands on his hips...they truly seem special to me.

How do we think they'll place against the other American couples this season?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    Thanks snowflakebeautiful for posting their exhibition.....
    You're welcome; and yes! I love that exhibition! And I was super impressed with how well they executed that lift as well. And to do it in an exhibition - I love it!

I think it'll be interesting to see how they do as compared to the other American teams. We do have quite a few ice dancing teams, but none of them have been stand-outs exactly over the past quad, imo (granted they've been under the DW shadow like the Canadian teams have been under the VM shadow) ... where as I feel H/B have stood out in juniors, but this will be their first senior year... I feel like it's a wait and see at this point. But personally, I'd really like them to rise quickly to be a top contending American team!

I'm anxiously awaiting their program choices for this year! I just want to know already, haha. And off topic, but did anyone else see what Kaitlin tweeted to Kaitlyn/Andrew's twitter? Haha, I do like their friendship! And I'm so pumped for NHK.

Thanks doris!!! I voted for them earlier today; and I'll have to vote more now! Their programs from this year were fantastic - loved them both!

TMC: Shut the front door! Right now, a dream 2018 podium for me includes W/P and H/B too!!! I'm less devoted to who I want the third team on the podium to be... But it would be awesome if H/B made the podium and then shot for gold in 2022! (Which is a far way out. - I know a lot could happen. But, this is a dream as of now, hehe.) I didn't realize how much we have in common when it comes to our preferred ice dancers. I could talk about these two teams all day. I hope that over this year and the quad that they pick up more fans because they're fabulous!
    ~ Also, I sort of <3 the friendship that W/P and H/B appear to have. I think this quad may be a great one for DSC and Camerlengo and Krylova!
    My thoughts exactly! I envisioned another US/Canada contest but since W/P are a bit older, I'll give them the gold in 2018 and H/B will dance for theirs in 2022

ETA I just realised that since their GP events are later, they may come to Finlandia Trophy this year!!! Fingers crossed! Tessa&Scott came last year but I missed them :(

Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    Thanks snowflakebeautiful for posting their exhibition. I hadn't seen it before now! I don't follow juniors but was bored and watched their Amelie free dance the other day and was just smitten. Those edges, especially on Jean-Luc, and the lift when she's balancing with her hands on his hips...they truly seem special to me.

How do we think they'll place against the other American couples this season?
    To be honest, I wouldn't think that a bronze at nationals is beyond them!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    To be honest, I wouldn't think that a bronze at nationals is beyond them!
    I would love for this to be so! And I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility. Granted I have some bias because I don't exactly love any of the current American teams except the Shibs (C/B are okay...but I have yet to really get the feels from them).

And oh man! I'm sorry, missing VM would be sad if they were super close. I mean I was sad their names weren't on the assignments even though I knew they wouldn't be.

I would love for this to be so! And I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility. Granted I have some bias because I don't exactly love any of the current American teams except the Shibs (C/B are okay...but I have yet to really get the feels from them).

And oh man! I'm sorry, missing VM would be sad if they were super close. I mean I was sad their names weren't on the assignments even though I knew they wouldn't be.
    I know....I envy all those who got to see either Tessa&Scott or Meryl&Charlie live!

I'm hoping V&M will part of the dance-themed fifth Disson show that is supposed to be announced this week. I have a dim but persistent hope that Kaitlin & Jean-Luc will be included too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'm hoping V&M will part of the dance-themed fifth Disson show that is supposed to be announced this week. I have a dim but persistent hope that Kaitlin & Jean-Luc will be included too.
    Oh wow - if either or both were involved, it would make me so happy!!! I'm not a Disson lover, but I could get behind this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast