Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Music people should be skating to

The overture to "The Bartered Bride"

Rinkside
    The "Lord of the Rings" soundtrack

^ Todd skated to LOTR in 2002 and possibly some other skaters since then, but sure. Beautiful soundtrack!

Custom Title
    Did anyone skate on Beethoven Sturm sonate? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjD-DQ5REk

Or to Waldstein sonata? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP79ZcYTIk4

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    The "Lord of the Rings" soundtrack
    I have long maintained this needs to be Jason and his costume must be inspired by one of the regal robes Elrond wears and he can do his hair in elvish braids. I think it would make the world a happier place.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    The overture to "The Bartered Bride"
    Yeah, that's such a vibrant piece. It would be diabolically fast to skate to, though. Very tricky to choreograph, but if it works, it would be so impressive.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I'm so curious where these programs are going now that vocals are allowed, I hope skaters will be brave and start to experiment more with their music choices.

Custom Title
    I find actually words quite distracting from what the skaters is doing. Either he is doing exactly what the wordsare saying, so no big surpirise and nothing to think about or he isn't doing the same thing as the song's message and than it will be very strange.

There are LOADS and tons of very good instrumental music for those wanting to experiment!

On the Ice
    Frozen OST Let It Go ..Idina version...I really want to see Yuna skate with this music/song.

I agree about LotR. Such beautiful music!

Quote Originally Posted by aschiutza View Post
    I find actually words quite distracting from what the skaters is doing. Either he is doing exactly what the wordsare saying, so no big surpirise and nothing to think about or he isn't doing the same thing as the song's message and than it will be very strange.

There are LOADS and tons of very good instrumental music for those wanting to experiment!
    Don't think so. I'm actually looking forward to different languages here. I hope not everyone will skate to english songs. I don't understand russian so I don't know if V/T or I/K interpreted the lyrics in their exhibition skates and personally I don't think you have to tell the story of the song, I still enjoyed them. In the end it's the same with Carmen, Swan Lake or Scheherazade. It's no surprise without the vocals either. But you're right about instrumentals, there are many great pieces that were ignored. I would maybe do a SP to an instrumental and the FS with a few vocals. In the end I think most skaters will stay in their comfort zone with the usual classical piece. Unfortunately.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by att View Post
    Frozen OST Let It Go ..Idina version...I really want to see Yuna skate with this music/song.
    I don't. This is going to be THE most overused piece of music at every level all around the world this season. I love the song but I'll love it even more if I don't have to hear it fifty million times.

Quote Originally Posted by vinganca View Post
    my dream programs:

SP/SD: Lindsey Stirling's Zelda medley (would have to be edited): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3KUyPKbR7Q

LP/FD: Passacaille d'Armide by Jean-Baptiste Lully: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzCXBI57Kyo

Orchestra versions of any Zelda Game Soundtrack would make me so happy. I would love a girl skate to Skyward Sword as Zelda. Didn't Kevin Reynolds skate to some game soundtrack? (I mean aside from Mario Soundtracks, they are cute but there are really great pieces of music to be found in video game music)

Lord of the Rings would also be great. But also newer stuff like the Game of Thrones OST or the theme of Pacific Rim by Ramin Djawadi. A powerful skater could make this an awesome program. With kicks and the like.

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    Don't think so. I'm actually looking forward to different languages here. I hope not everyone will skate to english songs.
    Same here I really like listening to songs in a language that I don't speak. If you don't understand it then the words themselves don't really matter and you can listen to the singing in a whole different way, as part of the music itself.
    Regarding the skaters: I believe that most people have a deeper connection to lyrics in their native language. And it never hurts any performance to feel connected to the music.

I loved Todd's Lord of The Rings free skate! I was trying to remember what that number was.

Has anyone ever used Mozart's eine kleine nachtmusik, A little Surprising

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast