Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yhmafan View Post
    How about Lupin the Third for Daisuke Takahashi
    Very cool, very iconic, very Takahashi.

Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Tribute Skate to Robin Williams

Skater: Jeremy Abbott
    Retrograde by James Blake
    If anyone does a tribute skate to Robin, it should be Kurt Browning or Scott Hamilton. It fits them better. Don't get me wrong, I love Jeremy and his skating and have often compared him to a Kurt Browning style skater in the making. I just think Scott or Kurt would fit this particular suggestion better.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyEdges View Post
    If anyone does a tribute skate to Robin, it should be Kurt Browning or Scott Hamilton. It fits them better. Don't get me wrong, I love Jeremy and his skating and have often compared him to a Kurt Browning style skater in the making. I just think Scott or Kurt would fit this particular suggestion better.
    Hmm...I like the idea of Kurt (especially he has shown to be well at home between Comedy and Classic Drama just as easily like Robin), but I picked Jeremy, due to the US alpha male factor in terms of artistry and maturity (+ lots of experienced dealing with his own demons/failures past years) and he fit the ultra suave music better with his attractive long figure. Robin is certainly a US phenomenon. Mork -> Genie -> Wise Teacher -> Drag Nanny -> Serious Drama -> Oscar Winner etc...

For Scott's, maybe he can lead with something like music from this scene
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdXhWS7lLvs with other US skaters in group numbers take their turn doing salutes similar to the form of 'Oh Captain, my captain'.

-------

Speaking of this great movie, this scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjHORRHXtyI remind me of ISU's effort to 'Understand figure skating' using COP parameters just like this dry text book that should really be ripped apart. Wonderful scene.

Tripping on the Podium

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanablabla View Post
    This is such a beautiful song!! Excellent choice. I think Yulia Lipnitskaya could rock this, since it's also a mix of tragic and innocent just like her Girl in the Red Coat program.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by therealwombatpoodle View Post
    This is such a beautiful song!! Excellent choice. I think Yulia Lipnitskaya could rock this, since it's also a mix of tragic and innocent just like her Girl in the Red Coat program.
    That movie looks very disturbing .. Agree on the how great that song is and in fact the soundtrack has some other good options too.

On the Ice
    It is disturbing. I remember freaking out when i saw this

But the music is very haunting and beautiful. Here's the vocal version of the lullaby.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19