if you could go back in time... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

if you could go back in time...

aquacandy83

Rinkside
1988 Olympics! It was wonderful on tv. Men's had Battle of the Brian's, Petrenko's great bronze performances, and good shows by Bowman, Browning, and Wylie. A stellar field.

In ladies, I want to see Midori Ito's two glorious programs, and Caryn Kadavy's SP.

Dance had the Duchesnay's great Argentine Tango OSP and Savage Rites FD, and Wilson& McCall's Elite Syncopations FD

Pairs had G&G's wonderful LP and Selezneva & Makarov had great programs.

All 4 disciplines had some wonderful performances.

Other than that, I am sorry I missed the 1996 U.S. Nationals where Rudy Galindo won with his fabulous Baron Rothbart Lp!

COMPLETELY AGREE! The 1988 Calgary Olympics would have been awesome to see in person -- every discipline. The Duchesnays were incredible, their programs were brilliant that year. Also. all of the 1993 Worlds in Prague - a wonderfully skated event, I still have my VHS tape of CBC and NBC coverage! 1993 and 1994 CDN Nationals. 1994 Olympic Pairs Final in Lillehammer. 1984 Olympic Ice Dance Final with Torvill/Dean and Blumberg/Seibert. 2010 Olympics -- Ice Dance Final and Ladies Final.

A Pro Team Event from 1995 in Florida, I forget the name of the event, but Paul Wylie competed with Caryn Kadavy and Nancy Kerrigan competed with Brian Boitano (Nancy and Brian ended up winning over Paul and Caryn). Paul Wylie's Schindler's List and Carmina Burana programs were absolutely phenomenal at that event, some of his best skating ever. I was super excited to find the Carmina Burana program on Youtube, I remember watching it live!

Oh and these aren't competitions, but the Stars on Ice Tours from 1993-1997 were just incredible. I would have loved to have seen those tours live! Always had to wait for them to be televised.